Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Im guessing lemonier will be the one to give aldon and ahmad breaks , but after him we dont have much depth...again

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im guessing lemonier will be the one to give aldon and ahmad breaks , but after him we dont have much depth...again

we're in much better shape at OLB now compared to last year. the 4th OLB hardly gets on the field anyway but if need be skuta seems like he can come in and play a handful of snaps in case of emergency

but yeah now that parys is out the picture this clears the way for lemonier to make an impact. he's been living in the backfield all preseason. i wanna see if his pass rushing can translate when the games count

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

the condition is that we get the pick if parys makes the saints' final 53

a 7th is lower than i expected but i'm not mad at baalke stockpiling picks again :manny: if we get that 7th then that's 11 picks we'll have in the 2014 draft not including comp picks

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
its basically a salary dump throwaway. Id kept parys for that price tbh, but I always thought fangio wasnt a huge fan and was waiting to send him in the bushes given the right moment.
my guess is fangio really prefers OLBs to be rushing threats at all times. I think thats why we werent even tryin to keep manny before 2011 as well.

Daps
Gotta like the Haralson move, save some cash and we got depth at that position.

I have to say that pre-season game Sunday gave me a shot of confidence about this team.

The strong play by the young WR's was encouraging and the defense looked beastly without PW

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
If it was a 5th or even a 6th, I would be happier about this trade, for a 7th, I would have rather kept Haralson. That being said, Lemonier has been terrific this offseason and is a better pass rusher.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/27/49ers-make-several-moves-to-get-to-74-players/

Tuesday was not a good day for Europeans trying to make it in the NFL.

The Lions cut kicker Havard Rugland, opting to go with David Akers over the man they call Kickalicious. And now the 49ers have announced that former British Olympic discus throwerLawrence Okoye has been waived/injured.

Okoye’s lack of a football background meant that he was a long shot to wind up on the 49ers roster this season. Working with the defensive linemen, Okoyeearned praise from coach John Harbaugh early in camp but the realities of the steep learning curve he faced became apparent as the summer wore on. He’ll revert to injured reserve if he clears waivers and give it another shot next season.

The 49ers also placed defensive tackle Tank Carradine, defensive tackle Quinton Dial, running back Marcus Lattimore, tackle Luke Marquardt and cornerback Eric Wright on the reserve/non-football list. Wide receivers Michael Crabtree and Mario Manningham will be both remain on the PUP list with the team hoping they can return later in the season to help the offense. All those moves were expected as none of the players have been able to practice with the 49ers to this point in camp.

Defensive tackle Lamar Divens, who was allegedly hit in the face with a bottle by linebacker Ahmad Brooks, was also waived/injured as the 49ers worked their way down to 74 players. That leaves them with an open roster spot should they like any of the players let go around the league in the last few days.

DirtyDee

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
If it was a 5th or even a 6th, I would be happier about this trade, for a 7th, I would have rather kept Haralson. That being said, Lemonier has been terrific this offseason and is a better pass rusher.

Thing is, the Niners can package those later round picks and move up (within) a round, like they did with the Cowboys when they grabbed Reid.