Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
Niners shopping Parys

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/sources-49ers-shopping-haralson

SANTA CLARA -- The 49ers are shopping veteran outside linebacker Parys Haralson to teams around the league ahead of the deadline for the first round of NFL cuts, sources told CSNBayArea.com on Monday.

The 49ers believe they have good depth at the outside linebacker position behind starters Aldon Smith and Ahmad Brooks. A year ago, the 49ers kept just three outside linebackers on the roster after Haralson was lost for the season due a torn triceps.

Haralson, 29, an eight-year veteran, renegotiated his contract in the offseason to lower his salary cap figure from $2.67 million to $1.15 million. But the 49ers are looking to get younger and cheaper at the backup positions.

The 49ers signed veteran Dan Skuta in the offseason and moved him to outside linebacker, where they believe he is a better fit in the team's 3-4 scheme.

The 49ers have also gotten a lot of production from rookie Corey Lemonier, a third-round draft pick from Auburn. Second-year Cam Johnson has also been much-improved from a year ago, but he left Sunday night's game against the Minnesota Vikings with a shoulder injury.

NFL teams are required to trim their 90-man rosters to 75 players by Tuesday at 1 p.m. The 49ers are likely to make many of their cuts on Monday.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
hm thats weird, I dont trust cam johnson and thought parys and lemonier were great to take pressure off aldon. i guess they like skuta more than parys

edit: on other hand we were 'shopping' colt as well and look what happened :russ:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
U know u got depth when your trading a valuable backup like paryls

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i can see a team like the saints trading for parys. their LBs are dropping like flies

whether he gets traded or not, i really like the OLB depth this year. we already know how great aldon and ahmad are but parys/lemonier/skuta/cam johnson have shown flashes this preseason. i think we end up keeping 5 of these guys on the 53

oh and colt had a solid game overall. the pick was bad but he was accurate most of the night and was picking up 1st downs with his legs too

saddest part of the game was watching tolzien on the sideline like :sadcam: poor kid knows he's done

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I'm not crazy about shopping Haralson. Unless we can get 4th rounder or a like a 5th and next years 5th. Haralson is a bulldozer. Though I like Lemonier and Skuta, we actually don't have the depth to shop this guy, I think he is more valuable to us this year. Low key he looks great after a major surgery.

DirtyDee

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I like Haralson too, but it's the nature of the sport.
Harper also got cut, and i actually liked him better Hampton at RB.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Colt 45 was better than Tolzien anyway :yeshrug:

sssO6Qg.png

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
All I have to say is... I am glad we dont have to play fukkers during the regular season at Candlestick :whew:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I like Haralson too, but it's the nature of the sport.
Harper also got cut, and i actually liked him better Hampton at RB.

Ball security is an important part of our offense, DJ Harper's handling of it was sloppy even if he was the better runner. Granted dropsies can be fixed but quite Frankly with Marcus Lattimore, we don't need a project at RB. I think we are fine with Gore, James and Dixon (until Kendall Hunter returns).

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ball security is an important part of our offense, DJ Harper's handling of it was sloppy even if he was the better runner. Granted dropsies can be fixed but quite Frankly with Marcus Lattimore, we don't need a project at RB. I think we are fine with Gore, James and Dixon (until Kendall Hunter returns).

he had like 3 carries yesterday, he looked great