Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I'm not crazy about Vernon lining up at WR, dude is crazy fast and has slave level strength, but that's what makes him special as a TE. As a WR, he would be a very poor mans Andre Johnson minus the route running.

I'm still optimistic about this year, because our division got weaker this offseason and our schedule has softened up compared to last year imo.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
We got no idea what Hunter, Manningham and Williams are bringing to the table with the injuries.

Hard to rely on any of them at this point. Gore hit 30, the dreaded number of falling off RB's

Normally I would agree, but with our O-Line and fullback, and solid playcalling I think he can be a 1000 yd rusher for another 2 years. Plus I think LaMichael James is going to get more snaps, dude is dangerous.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
:blessed:

Anyone else got any prayers or comments??

@FaTaL ??

@yseJ ??

@Jmare007 ???

This is dead serious, can't front after them injuries in Philly and Denver a boy been on his knee (fukk a no homo :merchant: )

Just praying we can make it day by day with no serious injuries or losses. If they can just stay as healthy as reasonably possible all the way through the year.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not crazy about Vernon lining up at WR, dude is crazy fast and has slave level strength, but that's what makes him special as a TE. As a WR, he would be a very poor mans Andre Johnson minus the route running.

I'm still optimistic about this year, because our division got weaker this offseason and our schedule has softened up compared to last year imo.

this vernon crap at wr has to be a smokescreen, we all know he doesnt have the hips or route running for it

how did the div get weaker?

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't bet on it.

Need to temper the expectations cause it could be a disappointing year.

While I have fiath in Jimmy, there's a lot of unknowns on this team. What if Gore goes down?

rb is the deepest position on the team, i expect a big year from james

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
this vernon crap at wr has to be a smokescreen, we all know he doesnt have the hips or route running for it

how did the div get weaker?

Not weaker I guess but I think our improvements outweigh everyone elses within the division. The Rams and Arizona are rebuilding and the Seahawks are what they were last year but losing Percy Harvin is a major blow

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not weaker I guess but I think our improvements outweigh everyone elses within the division. The Rams and Arizona are rebuilding and the Seahawks are what they were last year but losing Percy Harvin is a major blow

lambs are better then rebuilding but i dont see az as a threat. the lambs would be right up there with the niners/squawks if they kept RG3

:whew:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
lambs are better then rebuilding but i dont see az as a threat. the lambs would be right up there with the niners/squawks if they kept RG3

:whew:

Them losing Stephen Jackson is a bigger deal than they realize, dude was a workhorse, and just as good as Gore, injuries aside. I think RB is a question mark for them. Also can Sam Bradford be as good as he was when he started. They will be a tough opponent only because they know us so well but I think they will be 8-8 at best. Their 1st half schedule is brutal as well.

at Falcons
at Cowboys
Us
at Texans
at Panthers

will all be losses imo.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
We'll be sure to close out that shyt hole of a stadium of yours in style you fukkin bums :pacspit:

I PRAY we see you clowns in the playoffs again
That loss still stings, huh? I'll never forget the sound of the Georgia Dome once Navarro knocked that ball away and all the Falcon fans realized that it was over. We partied like it was the Stick in the Dome well after all the Falcon fans left.

Best game I've ever been to...

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Tight Ends

Vernon Davis - A

Vernon Davis is a top 3 TE in the NFL. His combination of size and speed makes him too fast for LBs and too strong for corners to bring down. He is a beast in every sense of the word. That being said Vernon Davis has only a couple of prime years left as he is 29 years old, but as it stands right now, we have one of the most athletic players in the L as our He is also an elite blocker. TE. I remember him running roughshod all over the Ravens in the Super Bowl but he had a quiet regular season. I think he will be a bigger part of the offense this year especially with the absence of Crabtree.

Vance McDonald - B

I believe Vance McDonald is an upgrade from Delanie Walker. Guy is big, physical and the prototypical TE. I think as a receiver he will be better than Delanie Walker who dropped some crucial passes thrown his way. But I think he is an average blocker but that is very fixable. I think he has a bright future as part of out TE tandem and we are are lucky to have grabbed him in the second, he is a borderline 1st round talent.

Garrett Celek - C+

I think Garett Celek has improved over the last year. He has shown that he can be a capable catcher and a good blocker, though he is not the worlds best athlete, he is a good 3rd TE and I hope we keep him as we have a history of letting solid blocking TE's go (Bear Pascoe). But I think we break the cycle here.

Demarcus Dobbs - D

He is listed as a TE/DT. I have him as a special teamer that is an emergency backup at either position, but little more.

Brian Jennings - C-

Not a great TE. A GOAT longsnapper. Don't laugh, he has used that skill to keep him in the league for 13 years on the same teams. Not a bad gig, if you ask me.

Synopsis: Vernon Davis is a given, barring injury, but Vance McDonald was an impressive draft for us. I expect him to start as a rookie and give us the true two TE set we need. We also have Garett Celek who is a solid option for us as well. This is one of the positions we are strongest at talent and depth wise.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Anybody headed to any games this year? Me and @bigmanharris are headed to the Texans game on 10/4. Lookin for Tailgates and spots to go while in The City.

I don't know when my project out there starts, but I might meet up with yall nikkaz.

edit: nvm, my anniversary trip is the next weekend. Can't do that. I'm aiming for that Seagulls game on Sept 15