Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think we did this because we need another QB to throw passes in skelly drills. We still got a lot of receivers, I also think the ax is likely going to drop on Scott Tolzien as well.

i think mccoy and tolzien are in deep trouble.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think between the si body edition, the gq issue and all the other press in regards to the dolphins hat and what not...jaws saying he can be one of the greatest-ya boy kaep got some steam in his head going into this season. ya'll better hope he plays like someone who never played a full season and keep it on the humble, i don't see it happening. i chalk up your recent success up to coaching, they made alex smith something.

ya boy needs to stay on planet earth :ufdup:

kaep is the hardest worker on the team, i have no doubt success hasnt gotten into his head

Last edited:

DirtyDee

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
you don't think any of this sudden media attention has got him sidetracked in the slightest :childplease:
people love sudden attention and this guys on covers showing off his body here and there
2rp8xfs.png

not too many qb's have played the role his is right now. brady was just a pretty face, not doing these nekked shoots and covers where he's pullin up his shirt showing off his abs. this is a different beast right now. is ya boy really ready for all the pressure behind all this new found love/hype :manny:

I don't know - i don't deal in hypotheticals.
We'll see where his head is at once the season starts.

Still, i can see why Kap would make dudes mad...

bangbreh

motorboat extraordinaire
Daps
Reppin
somewhere between a pair of D cup tiddies
I don't know - i don't deal in hypotheticals.
We'll see where his head is at once the season starts.

Still, i can see why Kap would make dudes mad...

please don't mistake these posts as anger and jealousy, rather than observations.
our 2 qb's live 2 very different lives in locker rooms, on field and off.

i have never been more stoked to have a qb on my squad like hussell has provided.
rookies aren't supposed to show leadership like this, it's amazing what he has done :wow:

kaep jumped right in front of them lights w/no problem.

2 very different qb's it will be interesting to see how it goes.

i can't wait :popcorn:

DirtyDee

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I have a lot of respect for Russell, but i'm glad cap is a 49er.
I can't remember ever having this many great rookies (although Kap is technically a sophomore) in a single season.
It's an exciting time to be a fan of a team with Kap, Wilson, RG3, and Luck on their respective team.

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if colt has another game like his first two he's done imo

harbs clearly ain't satisfied with any of the QBs other than kap. i can see us spending a mid-round pick on a QB in next year's draft for a little insurance

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I dont have any problem with kaep or anyone doing media shyt, as long as it doesnt interfere with his on the field product.
judging from reports, kaep is still the same hard worker on the field and off it, being the first player to come to practices

re backup qb, I think people are too reactionary. yeah colt sucked these 2 games but think about the players he played with,... his best weapon was a rookie TE. he didnt have the luxury to play with VD or Boldin.
with that said, I think if colt doesnt have a decent game in the next two, the backup job is wide open.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only reason I think Colt stay because he has game experience. I would expect this upcoming preseason game to be the defining factor on where he is going, moving forward.
I don't think so, kaep should play the whole first half

The fourth game will determine the qb situation

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont have any problem with kaep or anyone doing media shyt, as long as it doesnt interfere with his on the field product.
judging from reports, kaep is still the same hard worker on the field and off it, being the first player to come to practices

re backup qb, I think people are too reactionary. yeah colt sucked these 2 games but think about the players he played with,... his best weapon was a rookie TE. he didnt have the luxury to play with VD or Boldin.
with that said, I think if colt doesnt have a decent game in the next two, the backup job is wide open.

i mean u gotta take everything into consideration when it comes to colt's lack of weapons and the backup OL doing a bad job protecting him. but at this point what has he done to deserve a spot on the final 53? not much

2 advantages colt has over tolzien is his experience and mobility. now that seneca wallace is in the picture, colt can't get by off of those 2 things anymore. he's gotta play well now or else he could be gone soon. we'll see how he does

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
tolzien is far worse than colt imo. you at least know what to expect from colt. I dont know what the fukk to expect from tolzien, one snap hell throw a nice pass and the next play hes throwin at feet and next snap he just puts it in a dlinemans hands lol

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tolzien is far worse than colt imo. you at least know what to expect from colt. I dont know what the fukk to expect from tolzien, one snap hell throw a nice pass and the next play hes throwin at feet and next snap he just puts it in a dlinemans hands lol

i think everybody's had enough of tolzien :pachaha: he's finished

my thing is that i expected more from colt than what he's shown so far. maybe the added competition will bring out the best in him. time will tell. but he better put together some solid games in the next week or else :birdman:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
i think everybody's had enough of tolzien :pachaha: he's finished

my thing is that i expected more from colt than what he's shown so far. maybe the added competition will bring out the best in him. time will tell. but he better put together some solid games in the next week or else :birdman:
two games is not a big sample. its something to consider but to take with grain of salt as well.
bj daniels looks comfortable in the pistol tho :manny: