Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
but Ian Williams was on the team last years roster, wasnt he ? he wasnt in a position to get cut. also, we didnt really need a here and now production from him at NT so we could wait. we can't wait as much for a 1st round WR to produce, imo.

there might be something extra to this as well
Ive read someone say (take this with grain of salt) theyve heard barrows on radio and he said coaches basically told baalke to trade aj :manny:
this is prolly not true, because if it was Id hear it on more resources, but VD did say AJ has got to be more serious and shyt like that :manny:

well if he wasnt serious then we know why hes gone. i wonder if this starts a riff between harbaugh and balke. im pretty sure if the coaches wanted him gone harbaugh was the one to tell balke to do it.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
well if he wasnt serious then we know why hes gone. i wonder if this starts a riff between harbaugh and balke. im pretty sure if the coaches wanted him gone harbaugh was the one to tell balke to do it.
yeah
I dont think there could be much rift; the duo has been too successful to let one failure come between them..but I guess you never know

also keep in mind that ajs on for money in 2015, baldwin isnt, so it's a potential small salary dump for the future

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
VD on AJ after learning hes gone:

Today Davis was asked what he'd tell Jenkins to do differently in Kansas City.

"Maybe take his approach toward the game up a notch," Davis said. "I think that might be something he can benefit from. Just take his approach up a little bit more. Go above and beyond being a professional."

Are you talking about intensity?

"Not on the field. Not his game," Davis said. "I'm just talking away from the game. As far as studying habits - I think he had good study habits when he was here. Studying, being a professional, trying to help himself as well as helping other guys, the younger guys that come in. And just owning his position, embracing it and just going to the next level. ... If he really wants it inside his heart, it will work out for him. It will pay dividends."

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archi...jenkins-take-it-up-a-notch.html#storylink=cpy

you can kinda see where VD was going but he made it PC towards the end.

in other news, Reid will probably start at FS the next game and Nnamdi looks to be a good candidate or the #3 CB job, which is both great news since I dont like either brock or dahl in coverage

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I also think that with all the injuries we have at receiver, the AJ Jenkins experiment had to be field tested earlier than I think even AJ expected. All of a sudden he goes from relatively new player to veteran in one fell swoop and we had to judge him on the merits of a player that has been in the league for 2 years, especially a first round pick. Unfortunately he got outperformed by rookies and practice squad guys and that's kind of scary. Guy needed to have shown improvement, and like VD sort of alluded to, but the great players work on their craft off the field always studying and learning to improve and I don't think AJ really did that to that extent.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Just released Lockette and signed Seneca Wallace.

I think we did this because we need another QB to throw passes in skelly drills. We still got a lot of receivers, I also think the ax is likely going to drop on Scott Tolzien as well.

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
My new issue of GQ came in the mail yesterday
0913-GQCV2-hi.jpg

:lupe:

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the seneca wallace pickup can't be good news for colt and tolzien. i seen a stat on twitter saying that the only player with a worse QB rating than colt in the preseason is tebow :scusthov:

and so much for all that offseason hype with lockette. seems like if u spent the offseason with kaep than u ain't making it thru final cuts. aj and lockette are already gone. chad hall is somewhere like :sadcam:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
well you kinda look at ian williams, even though he wasnt drafted he was a project on this team for over 2 years and now hes finally going to pay off. if your going to draft a project and just dump him in basically one year why draft him in the first place? i wonder if balke made this decision or harbaugh, harbaugh must of pushed for it. look the 5th wr doesnt play on game days anyways, keeping him over hall wouldnt of mattered in the long run

Yea but unfortunately with Crabs and Manningham out for at least the 1st half of the season, AJ is no longer a project, he was asked to have at least shown improvement and he arguably regressed. I thought he looked better last season.

bangbreh

motorboat extraordinaire
Daps
Reppin
somewhere between a pair of D cup tiddies
i think between the si body edition, the gq issue and all the other press in regards to the dolphins hat and what not...jaws saying he can be one of the greatest-ya boy kaep got some steam in his head going into this season. ya'll better hope he plays like someone who never played a full season and keep it on the humble, i don't see it happening. i chalk up your recent success up to coaching, they made alex smith something.

ya boy needs to stay on planet earth :ufdup:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
i think between the si body edition, the gq issue and all the other press in regards to the dolphins hat and what not...jaws saying he can be one of the greatest-ya boy kaep got some steam in his head going into this season. ya'll better hope he plays like someone who never played a full season and keep it on the humble, i don't see it happening. i chalk up your recent success up to coaching, they made alex smith something.

Dude is legit, he is a hard worker and a student of the game. He'll be ready to play week one.

DirtyDee

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

Man, you can't throw a rock without hitting a CK7 hater :russ:

bangbreh

motorboat extraordinaire
Daps
Reppin
somewhere between a pair of D cup tiddies
you don't think any of this sudden media attention has got him sidetracked in the slightest :childplease:
people love sudden attention and this guys on covers showing off his body here and there
2rp8xfs.png

not too many qb's have played the role his is right now. brady was just a pretty face, not doing these nekked shoots and covers where he's pullin up his shirt showing off his abs. this is a different beast right now. is ya boy really ready for all the pressure behind all this new found love/hype :manny: