Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
well i was dead wrong on this one :russ: i never thought aj would be a future pro bowler but i thought he could be a vertical threat at the very least. and he couldn't even do that.

now we can say that aj jenkins is officially the biggest bust in team history and that's not an exaggeration. at least we cut ties early and got something for him :manny:

C-NICE

Jiggy is the lifestyle
Daps
Reppin
From Atlanta to San Fran to LA 4now
About time we cut him I was tired of giving him chances to make plays against other teams 2nd and 3rd string players sucks though had high hopes for the kid just peaked in college and was just a fast guy

NegMawon

Rookie
Daps
Either way it goes we won in the trade cuz we dump the guarantee money Jenkins was gonna make in the next 2 years ..Baldwins contract is only guarantee'd for this year so if he wants to be on this team he's gonna have to earn it

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Baalke got too cute with that AJ pick. Baldwin is a big body receiver that can't catch. Hopefully he'll contribute.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Baalke got too cute with that AJ pick. Baldwin is a big body receiver that can't catch. Hopefully he'll contribute.
I'm not sure he's gonna be catching those kaep heat seekers

That fourth round pick better pan out

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
glad to see his sorry ass gone :ahh:

this tells me two things:

1) baalke is fine with admitting mistakes
2)we really have a meritocracy

baldwin is wack but like others have said he at least can get open and shyt. plus maybe on a superbowl contender he will get his shyt together

hate to see myself right here and patting on the shoulder and shyt, but lord knows I didnt understand this pick since day one. aj had good 40 speed but never played like it. he didnt do anything well. good riddance

DirtyDee

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
DHB also had great 40 speed, and look at his ass....dropped by the Raiders of all teams.
Aj just didn't have heart, man - he's surrounded by lion-hearted cats, but is afraid to take his game to the next level.
I honestly think this dude is scared to play football in the NFL, like, he sees how hard nikkas hit, and doesn't want any of it.

There are intangibles that are crucial to one's success in the league:
- Intelligence
- Heart
- Dedication
- Determination

Dude is lacking all of the above.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
he doesnt have much talent either. thats the main problem imo
we arent a system where WRs can hide deficiencies. harbs doesnt like for qbs throw to covered WRs
aj couldnt get open and few times he did he fukked up and lost trust

DirtyDee

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I think talent is measurable, though - he's fast/athletic, but doesn't have the *immeasurable* qualities to compliment his talents.
Take Boldin, for instance - he's slow, but strong, yet he knows how to make the most of his talents to make himself a success.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he doesnt have much talent either. thats the main problem imo
we arent a system where WRs can hide deficiencies. harbs doesnt like for qbs throw to covered WRs
aj couldnt get open and few times he did he fukked up and lost trust

boldin will be covered everytime kaep throws to him

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
now we can say that aj jenkins is officially the biggest bust in team history and that's not an exaggeration. at least we cut ties early and got something for him :manny:
i still think hes too young to call him a bust, hes a project

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
boldin will be covered everytime kaep throws to him
1) he will be open more often than aj
2) boldin has proven he can catch even when throw not perfect/hes covered. aj hasnt at all.

boldin will be the go-to guy on 3rd downs this year, mark my words. qbs wouldnt trust aj because he either couldnt get open or fukked up