Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
also, kind of weird but willis has zero passes defended this season...

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tukuafu is just a body imo...we'll miss bruce a lot when a solid block is needed.

btw anyone find it funny that the moment we let go of mike thomas he gets AFC defensive player of the week ? :dead:
cooper. now thomas. who else ? :lolbron:

with the depth we have on defense you just can't keep everybody :manny:

at the end of the day, we're talking about 7th rounder and a UDFA. those guys are replaceable. but cooper has been getting torched the past few games. that makes me feel a little better about letting him go :laugh:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Another interesting piece. Kaep talking about the playclock issues

SANTA CLARA – Quarterback Colin Kaepernick does not consider the 49ers’ seemingly constant battle against the play clock a huge issue facing the team’s offense.

He said the positives of trying to get into a better play against what he diagnoses from the defense far outweighs the negatives of an occasional timeout or delay-of-game penalty.

“I feel like it’s a minor thing in the grand scheme of what we’re doing,” Kaepernick said on Wednesday. “If we snap the ball with one second (remaining), that’s not a problem to us. Because we know we’re getting to something we like versus their defense.”

The mechanics of simply getting the ball snapped within the 40-second play clock is not as simple as it might look.

Offensive coordinator Greg Roman calls the play down to coach Jim Harbaugh on the sideline. Harbaugh uses a radio device to relay the play -- or plays -- to Kaepernick. Then, Kaepernick must, at times, deliver multiple calls to the other 10 players in the huddle.

Kaepernick gave an example of a possible call in the huddle: Strong Right Slot, Fuzz, Direction-90 Load Trap kill 94 Power Bonus.
If Kaepernick sees one thing from the defense, they could stick with the original call. If he sees another look that might make the second play – 94 Power Bonus – the preferred call. If that’s the case, he will “kill” to that play at the line of scrimmage.

“It could be something based on what the defense is doing that week that we want to run this versus this look and this versus that look,” Kaepernick said. “The defense is always changing. So they might change, and then we have to change late. I think that’s where a lot of the time factor comes in for us.”

But with such a complex set if directives, Kaepernick has to make sure everybody hears the two play-call options.

“You’re breaking the huddle and somebody might ask, ‘What’s the second part of that?” or ‘What was the original call?’” he said. “So you have to make sure everybody’s on the same page on all levels otherwise you’re going to have a blown play.”

A lot of people saw the negatives in the 49ers’ 33-14 victory on Sunday over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The 49ers used three timeouts on offense and were called for one delay-of-game penalty. But the upside is the 49ers’ controlled the clock with an advantage of 19 minutes, 40 seconds in time of possession over Tampa Bay.

“Ultimately, we want to hold the ball,” Kaepernick said. “We want to make sure we’re successful moving down the field and if we have to use a timeout here to correct something or make sure we’re getting the advantage we want, we’re going to do that.

“I know conventionally people are going to be like, ‘Why are you taking a timeout at the beginning of the third quarter?’ Well, if we sustain that drive and we end up with points at the end of that, we feel like that’s a good timeout used.”

:patrice:

Still not conviced about this approach. Fix this shyt and stop fukking around :henry:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Another interesting piece. Kaep talking about the playclock issues

:patrice:

Still not conviced about this approach. Fix this shyt and stop fukking around :henry:
yeah I cant fukk with this, because its not a novel approach. tons of teams, if not all of them, have multiple plays called in the huddle

timeouts, delay of game on third down, etc. are bad. even worse, when opposing defenses KNOW you finna snap the ball at last second, they will time their blitzes well and wont listen to snap count much

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Very excited about Levi, but I'll miss candlestick really hope there can somehow be one last NFC championship game at the stick. Some of my personal fav memories of candlestick

Best game :

NYG wildcard game 2003- basically thought the niners were dead. Toomer shytting on Plummer all day( which was the beginning of the end for him) but TO and Garcia willed the team back thought we were destined to win the ship that year.

Saints playoff game 2012- All we heard from saints fans was that they were going to rock us, but the whitner hit set the tone early. The last 5 mins of this game was unreal.

Best moment:
Steve young doing the victory lap after finally beating the cowboys.

Alex td run vs the Saints

The catch 3

Daps
I would have killed to been there for the Saints wildcard game.

Still say it's my favorite 49ers game of all time. SB win 5 is the only one I truly remember as I was too young to remember the ones in the 80's.

There was nothing like seeing Alex hit Vernon to end that game man, that was like 8 years of frustration being lifted.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
im tryin to get some tix for Mondays game at the Stick. Hopefully the homies can look out for me. if not Im gonna just go up there after the game and celebrate the last regular season at the Stick :to:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So if Saints and Panthers lose, and we win our last two we are first seed :gladbron:

If we somehow win the West, this might be the biggest L the Seahawks take in franchise history after all the shyt they've talked all year.

Tomorrow might not be the last game at the Stick :gladbron:

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
If the Niners win tonight, the NFC West will finish with a .656 winning percentage, which will be tied for the best division of all time.