Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Y'all are very optimistic, i wish I could be the same. Groove or not, our style this year just doesn't give me the confidence that we can win 3 games during the offs, especially with Sea, NO, and Car lurking out there.

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was McDonald hurt this weekend? Cause I saw him dressed in street clothes.

Really hoping he wasn't a healthy scratch

He was a healthy scratch. Not sure if he is in the doghouse or they just don't have any faith in him. It's pretty disappointing.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Y'all are very optimistic, i wish I could be the same. Groove or not, our style this year just doesn't give me the confidence that we can win 3 games during the offs, especially with Sea, NO, and Car lurking out there.

niners are saving the dive/read for the offs

once that starts hitting, the throwing lanes will really open up

Daps

One thing I like is that we've been streaky, when we lose we lose 2 in a row, but when we win, we get momentum and win a few in a row.

I know this has ALOT to do with the competition, but if we wanna win it all we need to go on a roll.

I`m on record though saying I don't think we're winning it all this season, not saying it's not possible, just don't see it happening

Daps
He was a healthy scratch. Not sure if he is in the doghouse or they just don't have any faith in him. It's pretty disappointing.

He really hasn't done much so I can't complain, just kinda shytty to see a 2nd round pick getting the hook like that.

Kid hasn't show much after looking good in pre-season

Daps
niners are saving the dive/read for the offs

once that starts hitting, the throwing lanes will really open up

You really think this?

We were running that stuff in the early part of the year and it was being shut down. We still do it sparingly and it usually does little for us.

I hope we stay far away from that gimmick stuff, it was good for the moment, but that moment has passed

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Out of GB, CHi, PHi, Dal and Det who do we prefer to play? Is there anyone we'd want to avoid? Personally I think the niners would handle all these teams.

Absolutely not afraid of GB since we match up well with them. Though I wouldn't like playing at GB in January and against a healthy Aaron Rodgers. Would love to shyt on Dallas. Hoping we play them since it's been what 18 yrs since the niners last played them in the playoffs.

Daps
Out of GB, CHi, PHi, Dal and Det who do we prefer to play? Is there anyone we'd want to avoid? Personally I think the niners would handle all these teams.

Absolutely not afraid of GB since we match up well with them. Though I wouldn't like playing at GB in January and against a healthy Aaron Rodgers. Would love to shyt on Dallas. Hoping we play them since it's been what 18 yrs since the niners last played them in the playoffs.

Give me Dallas more than anyone else.

I`d like to avoid Detrot and Philly the most. Chicago wouldn't worry me too much as we`d break the flimsy Cutler

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
You really think this?

We were running that stuff in the early part of the year and it was being shut down. We still do it sparingly and it usually does little for us.

I hope we stay far away from that gimmick stuff, it was good for the moment, but that moment has passed

yea because during camp and at the beginning of the year I guarantee teams spent most of their time practicing against it

niners have barely run it so teams spend less time preparing

also I believe they want the least amount of hits on kaep as possible

edit: dont know how u can say it was a gimmick, when it really helps open up the vertical passing game. The offense was based off it last year

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Give me Dallas more than anyone else.

I`d like to avoid Detrot and Philly the most. Chicago wouldn't worry me too much as we`d break the flimsy Cutler

Chicago has an excellent offense but yeah cutler would melt down against our D. Plus I think our O would fare well against them

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When the niners have ran the zone read this year it has been for the most part ineffective.

I don't know what the hell is going on because when I watch teams like Seattle and Carolina they don't seem to be having much problems running the zone read.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
He wasn't a healthy scratch; apparently he had been dealing with an ankle injury that limited him in practice all week.

I expect him to play this week against Atlanta and see his role increased with the absence of Miller.

Daps
Chicago has an excellent offense but yeah cutler would melt down against our D. Plus I think our O would fare well against them

Only thing that scares me about Chi is that Jeffery is so hot right now that it doesn't matter how bad the passes are his way, he's gonna snatch him up.

We cover big WR's well usually, but you never know when a dude just literally catches fire and dominates.

DallASS has no shot in hell, I think we could bring it to Foles but I also think playing in the cold in Philly could rattle our QB.

Daps
edit: dont know how u can say it was a gimmick, when it really helps open up the vertical passing game. The offense was based off it last year

It clearly was a gimmick. We tried to use it early in the year and it did very little for us, that is why we stopped it.

That shyt will go the way of the wildcat, it may be used but it will never be as effective as it was in that span of 2012 playoffs.