Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what's goin on with tank? i thought he recovered from his injury?

yeah unless there are multiple injuries on the d-line, tank ain't gonna play this year

besides going from a 4-3 to a 3-4, i read that the team re-started his rehab from stratch when he was drafted because corners were cut during his original rehab. him and lattimore should be good to go in 2014

Daps
i don't blame him

going from kyle/baldwin to crabs/mario to go along with quan would make any QB happy :manny:

Yeah, it's just funny to see the 3-headed post-game interview.

Crabtree and Kaepernick are meant for eachother. Boldin is a G though, straight up that's a guy you want on your side in a street fight

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
big game on sunday, i'm ready hopefully the AINTS beat up on the seahawks a little bit but we owe them in our house.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
that touch throw to VD (after which VD leaped over a fool) with people in his face was probably one of the best, if not the best play Ive seen Kaep make all year. great awareness and we need more of these.

re playcalling and offense, it looked decent, but we still werent able to score a td till well in the second quarter. I did see more screen and short passes this week, but some of them ended up bad plays. the one with Gore on a designed RB pass was particularly bad since Gore was jammed at the line and Kaep stared him down until he got free, then hit him for a very short gain, while VD was wide in the endzone. still, good job on actually drawing up these plays, cant remember last time we tried a designated rb pass.

for all the talk of distributing the ball, neither mario nor vance were targeted even once. crabs was targeted a few times, but vast majority of balls again went boldin and vd's way. thats pretty good when we're facing a meh D, but against a good d that shyt isnt finna fly.

defense has been playing extremely well, TJE also did well. come to think about it, since the indy loss we allowed a score over 20 points once- and that was to saints in NO
otherwise, we held last 8 teams we've faced to 11,3, 20, 17,10, 10, 6, 13 points
thats quite impressive, even though some of the teams we beat arent at all.

Daps
that touch throw to VD (after which VD leaped over a fool) with people in his face was probably one of the best, if not the best play Ive seen Kaep make all year. great awareness and we need more of these.

I posted about it the second I saw it, that is the type of shyt we need from him.

Hit the open man, even if it is on dumpoffs. Move them chains.

Yesterday was probably his best performance of the season outside of GB, which I still don't give a lot of love because GB was so obsessed with the read option. Yesterday was quality passing, sensible scrambling and composure throughout the majority of the game

And like you said, this DEFENSE has been so good as of late. It's fun watching them, really really fun. I think it's amazing how the depth of the defense has provided and came through in such big spots. It's really been the next man up stepping up and making plays since the beginning of the year

Eric Red - Steps in seemlessly for DG
Ian Williams started off well for losing Sop
Glen Dorsey has stepped up for an injured Williams
Tremaine Brock stepping up as the nickel and now into the starting role
Dan Skuta/Corey Lemonier stepping in for Aldon
Wilhoite stepping in for Patrick Willis
Tony Jerrod Eddie on the line

That's one thing I love, Harbaugh said last year at the Super Bowl that all practice players came to all the games, no matter what, He didn't look at them as practice players, but the developmental team. You see it on defense with a guy like TJE

Last edited:

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
for all the talk of distributing the ball, neither mario nor vance were targeted even once. crabs was targeted a few times, but vast majority of balls again went boldin and vd's way. thats pretty good when we're facing a meh D, but against a good d that shyt isnt finna fly.

This. It was a travesty that Mario didn't even get a target yesterday. Vance, either. In order for us to be hitting on all cylinders, we need to get everybody involved...
Mario should get at least 3-5 targets a game. Vance, right now, probably 2-3. LMJ needs to be on the field also, if for nothing else than to make defenses think about another option in the passing game (I understand he was sick yesterday, so I'm not counting that against this game).

I feel like when we do this, and are able to effectively use everybody, then we'll be at our max potential as an offense. Yesterday was good, and was another step in the right direction. I think we all feel that the Niners can do more, though. A lot more.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
This. It was a travesty that Mario didn't even get a target yesterday. Vance, either. In order for us to be hitting on all cylinders, we need to get everybody involved...
Mario should get at least 3-5 targets a game. Vance, right now, probably 2-3. LMJ needs to be on the field also, if for nothing else than to make defenses think about another option in the passing game (I understand he was sick yesterday, so I'm not counting that against this game).

I feel like when we do this, and are able to effectively use everybody, then we'll be at our max potential as an offense. Yesterday was good, and was another step in the right direction. I think we all feel that the Niners can do more, though. A lot more.
what bothered me is that the coaching staff basically KNEW we were finna utilize two receivers, lol. we only had 3 WRs active and only targeted two. we still lining up bruce miller wide...why ? theres nothing wrong with 2TE formations and power formations, but whats the point if personnel is the same ?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
:beli: at the Saints brehs.....these nikkaz don let the Seagulls home wrap up homefield unless the Giants and us stop them (road games). Hopefully Carolina can run the table then. Who'd own the tiebreaker if the Panthers and Seahawks both end up with 3 Ls?