Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
that TD to VD doesnt happen against a good team btw.
a good team scouts our offense and knows on the goal line we either run the ball up the gut, or throw to VD on a play fake or have an option bootleg for kaep (possibly for VD rolling out). thats about it. back to the playcalling discussion

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Yeah, the only positive (offensive wise) about this game is that it may work as a confidence booster for Kaep, that's it. Roman is a lost case at this point, I don't see us getting much better.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
that TD to VD doesnt happen against a good team btw.
a good team scouts our offense and knows on the goal line we either run the ball up the gut, or throw to VD on a play fake or have an option bootleg for kaep (possibly for VD rolling out). thats about it. back to the playcalling discussion
Yeah, the only positive (offensive wise) about this game is that it may work as a confidence booster for Kaep, that's it. Roman is a lost case at this point, I don't see us getting much better.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

I'm not going to be as pessimistic.

At least we attempted to run a screen to LMJ (Bad design on the play; Anquan in the backfield on a fake hand-off?!?) and we hit some slants. McDonald got into the game with a catch and Rio had 4 catches for 45 yards...albeit all in the first half.
Hopefully we can build on this moving forward. For as much as the Niners like to run 2 TE sets, if we can get McDonald a few more targets a game, I think it would help out tremendously. Now, he has to catch it for them to ultimately be effective, but if he can become a threat, then that'll help everybody out.

Also, Kap needs to know where the check down receiver is. On his almost interception, Hunter was wide open in the flat. Maybe he doesn't get a first down, but at least it's not a negative play.

Daps
I personally still think we beat Seattle at home, I don't believe they're as good as their record states and they don't beat us in SF, but they have won the west already

Our defense shuts down their offense and we run on them for the W

The game in AZ got me more concerned, hell even the TB game is starting to make me wonder

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
@feelosofer @Dat916nikka @B90X @FaTaL @yseJ @Jmare007 how yall feel about seattle now with the suspensions and the overall NFC playoff picture I feel like we could hit a good stride after the 2 losses and really make a run at this thing

We're not gonna catch up to the Seahawks and we still need to be on the lookout for Arizona, St. Louis and we can lose at home to Seattle. These are all solid teams

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I personally still think we beat Seattle at home, I don't believe they're as good as their record states and they don't beat us in SF, but they have won the west already

Our defense shuts down their offense and we run on them for the W

The game in AZ got me more concerned, hell even the TB game is starting to make me wonder

Yea but this game Was game aside we are not the great run stoppers we were in years past, we allow an avg of 103 yds on the ground. Seattle can play our game better than we can on top of that if Percy Harvin gets going, we're done.

DirtyDee

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
"Seattle will sign former 49ers CB Perrish Cox if he passes his physical today and team also is considering placing CB Brandon Browner IR."

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
@feelosofer @Dat916nikka @B90X @FaTaL @yseJ @Jmare007 how yall feel about seattle now with the suspensions and the overall NFC playoff picture I feel like we could hit a good stride after the 2 losses and really make a run at this thing
It all comes down to what our offensive gameplan is going to be, honestly. If we're hitting on all cylinders (screens, slants, play fakes, etc) then we can win that game.
Well, let me scale it back...the Seattle game will hinge on what we do against the Rams this next week. If we they sell out to stop the run and we burn them with the pass, then we'll be good going against Seattle because they'll have to defend both. If we continue to try and be stubborn and run against 9 man fronts, then it'll be a defensive struggle.

Either way, I still think we win at home.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
"Seattle will sign former 49ers CB Perrish Cox if he passes his physical today and team also is considering placing CB Brandon Browner IR."
I knew that was going to happen. They had looked at him like 2 weeks ago but decided against signing him. Perrish is a solid CB. Hated we had to cut him, but it is what it is.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I'm not going to be as pessimistic.

At least we attempted to run a screen to LMJ (Bad design on the play; Anquan in the backfield on a fake hand-off?!?) and we hit some slants. McDonald got into the game with a catch and Rio had 4 catches for 45 yards...albeit all in the first half.
Hopefully we can build on this moving forward. For as much as the Niners like to run 2 TE sets, if we can get McDonald a few more targets a game, I think it would help out tremendously. Now, he has to catch it for them to ultimately be effective, but if he can become a threat, then that'll help everybody out.

Also, Kap needs to know where the check down receiver is. On his almost interception, Hunter was wide open in the flat. Maybe he doesn't get a first down, but at least it's not a negative play.
I dont think we're even pessimistic, its just this team has shown it can beat crappy teams just by superior talent. D will always keep us in a game until theyre tired.
we have boatload of 1st round picks playing for us, and we are stacked with talent for the most part

we havent shown we can go against good teams, those who also have talent, and have outcoached us, plain and simple, on our offense.
skins are a shytty defensive team with a very limited offense. we eat these teams for breakfast, first by stuffing them on D and forcing mistakes, then building up lead, then force them to be one-dimensional as we play with the lead.

what happens if we fall behind, as we probably will to better teams ? did we even come from behind this season ? sure doesnt feel like it. just checked- the biggest lead we've *came back* from was 4 points against the packers. this is offense before kaep last year territory.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
that sucks. and we're one injury away from playing an unknown corner...I bet if brown went down with injury a week earlier we wouldnt cut cox

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
we wont catch seattle

and while I think we *can* win against them at rocking candlestick...I dont really see why or how we would do that. like Ive said, the D is suspect against the run, but we mask that well against good teams by forcing them to pass most of the time. marshawn will get his especially with ray mcd out. seattle will follow suit and stay with the gameplan of putting 8 in the box and daring kaep to beat them. and so far he has looked absolutely horrible in two games against them, and so has our previous qb last year at home.

the game will prolly come down to VD being healthy and willing to become physical, as it weird as it sounds.

Daps
we wont catch seattle

and while I think we *can* win against them at rocking candlestick...I dont really see why or how we would do that. like Ive said, the D is suspect against the run, but we mask that well against good teams by forcing them to pass most of the time. marshawn will get his especially with ray mcd out. seattle will follow suit and stay with the gameplan of putting 8 in the box and daring kaep to beat them. and so far he has looked absolutely horrible in two games against them, and so has our previous qb last year at home.

the game will prolly come down to VD being healthy and willing to become physical, as it weird as it sounds.

Seattle isn't as good as they seem.

They been biting fingernails to get by lesser teams (St. Louis, Tampa Bay) so I don't see why we can't put them away at home.

With the added weapons and fighting for our playoff lives, I just can't see us dropping to Seattle at home.

I simply don't think Seattle is that good, that's all it comes down to. You make valid points about our teams inefficiencies, I just don't see us losing at home if we take away the pass, which I think we will

DirtyDee

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Seattle isn't as good as they seem.

They been biting fingernails to get by lesser teams (St. Louis, Tampa Bay) so I don't see why we can't put them away at home.

With the added weapons and fighting for our playoff lives, I just can't see us dropping to Seattle at home.

I simply don't think Seattle is that good, that's all it comes down to. You make valid points about our teams inefficiencies, I just don't see us losing at home if we take away the pass, which I think we will

Not to mention that both Thurmond and Browner are done for the year, which puts a nice dent on their secondary.