Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

Daps
Not to mention that both Thurmond and Browner are done for the year, which puts a nice dent on their secondary.

That would get me excited if I had any faith whatsoever in our passing game.

I think their D is really benefiting from the front line play moreso than those corners this year.

DirtyDee

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
That would get me excited if I had any faith whatsoever in our passing game.

I think their D is really benefiting from the front line play moreso than those corners this year.

I dunno, man. I'm looking at a secondary that held Brees to barely over 200 yards passing, even though they weren't getting much pressure on him until the end of the game (which coincidentally lost the game for them). In the firs three quarters, Brees had all day to throw.
QBs aren't shredding the Niners D because the secondary coverage is good, hell, in some games the front seven haven't gotten any pressure on the QB, and they still hold these cats to minimal passing yards.

C-NICE

Jiggy is the lifestyle
Daps
Reppin
From Atlanta to San Fran to LA 4now
We're not gonna catch up to the Seahawks and we still need to be on the lookout for Arizona, St. Louis and we can lose at home to Seattle. These are all solid teams
To be honest I know this may sound crazy but i think we could catch the seahawks I can see them losing to new orleans, us, stl, or arizona even at home. I just got a feeling there not gonna look to strong down the stretch with the injuries/suspensions to the secondary. I think seattle is shaky at best they've played and won alot of games playing bad football.

• Dap
Reactions: dza
Daps
I dunno, man. I'm looking at a secondary that held Brees to barely over 200 yards passing, even though they weren't getting much pressure on him until the end of the game (which coincidentally lost the game for them). In the firs three quarters, Brees had all day to throw.
QBs aren't shredding the Niners D because the secondary coverage is good, hell, in some games the front seven haven't gotten any pressure on the QB, and they still hold these cats to minimal passing yards.

I was saying Seattle benefits from the pressure from the front, not SF

Daps
To be honest I know this may sound crazy but i think we could catch the seahawks I can see them losing to new orleans, us, stl, or arizona even at home. I just got a feeling there not gonna look to strong down the stretch with the injuries/suspensions to the secondary. I think seattle is shaky at best they've played and won alot of games playing bad football.

We have to win out and they have to lose 3 out of the last 5.

It isn't happening, i`m perfectly fine going the wild card route, so many teams get hot that way anyway and make the run, maybe that's the route we have to go to finally get this thing done and get 6

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@feelosofer @Dat916nikka @B90X @FaTaL @yseJ @Jmare007 how yall feel about seattle now with the suspensions and the overall NFC playoff picture I feel like we could hit a good stride after the 2 losses and really make a run at this thing
seattle is the hardest game by far, last game they literally had 10 man fronts, now they lose their 2,3 cb and sign cox

i mean this game will be different for sure but the niners gotta throw it to win it because until they loosen up that defense they aint gonna respect them.

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@feelosofer @Dat916nikka @B90X @FaTaL @yseJ @Jmare007 how yall feel about seattle now with the suspensions and the overall NFC playoff picture I feel like we could hit a good stride after the 2 losses and really make a run at this thing

seattle still has good CB depth. i don't think losing browner and thurmond means their secondary will take a huge hit. browner didn't play the last two games the seahawks faced us and we still got blown out both times. that said, i think we'll get revenge when they come to the 'stick mainly because of the defense playing at a championship level

as far as the playoff picture, the division race isn't over but it's a longshot at this point so chances are that we'll get a wild card spot. i think that we'll hold off AZ for the 6 seed. as long as we get in the playoffs, anything can happen

i think that we can make a deep playoff run IF kaep continues to play like he did last night. we already know what the defense/running game can do but if kaep can play at a high level, this team will be very tough to beat

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and crabtree has officially been activated but he's listed behind manningham on the depth chart. gonna be interesting to see how many snaps he gets sunday

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Im still kinda worried about seattle. Even when we play these fools down here on Dec. 8th. Im gonna be at that game for sure. Now we gotta worry about the gatdam Cardinals now :sadcam:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Seattle isn't as good as they seem.

They been biting fingernails to get by lesser teams (St. Louis, Tampa Bay) so I don't see why we can't put them away at home.

With the added weapons and fighting for our playoff lives, I just can't see us dropping to Seattle at home.

I simply don't think Seattle is that good, that's all it comes down to. You make valid points about our teams inefficiencies, I just don't see us losing at home if we take away the pass, which I think we will
seattle isnt as good, especially on the road

the problem is we also arent good. we go our weakness to their strength, and its not pretty.

we arent good on offense. I also dont really see why taking pass away will do anything. they havent really passed on us that much over last two meetings. they will run at us, a lot. they'll run at TJE a ton, since McDonald will be out. again, low-key we kinda suck against the run this year.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
seattle is the hardest game by far, last game they literally had 10 man fronts, now they lose their 2,3 cb and sign cox

i mean this game will be different for sure but the niners gotta throw it to win it because until they loosen up that defense they aint gonna respect them.
if we come out throwing we lose the game, easily; this isnt even for debate in my mind.
seattle goes heavy box against most teams because theyre that confident in their secondary and their weakness is the run game.

browner being out doesnt mean much, they whooped our offense without browner the first game

I have zero trust in Vernon being able to physically match the seattle D. VD is great against soft defenses that dont bump him.
there's only one guy Id trust to throw to one on one and thats Boldin. if kaep gotta throw, throw to Boldin and pray he makes the catch over sherman.

either way, thinking ahead to seattle now might be a bit too much. the rams game needs more attention. stacy is a problem

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Yeah, Rams game looks to be a pain in the ass now that Bradford isn't gonna be there to help us. I think it'll be one of those "fukk you Roman" type of games.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if we come out throwing we lose the game, easily; this isnt even for debate in my mind.
seattle goes heavy box against most teams because theyre that confident in their secondary and their weakness is the run game.

browner being out doesnt mean much, they whooped our offense without browner the first game

I have zero trust in Vernon being able to physically match the seattle D. VD is great against soft defenses that dont bump him.
there's only one guy Id trust to throw to one on one and thats Boldin. if kaep gotta throw, throw to Boldin and pray he makes the catch over sherman.

either way, thinking ahead to seattle now might be a bit too much. the rams game needs more attention. stacy is a problem

when i say pass im not saying pass every down but they need to have early success with some passes to loosen up that d. losing browner doesnt mean much, they didnt have him the past 2 games vs sf losing thurmond is a hit for them. they got new orleans next, lets see how they play vs them

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
Looking to next year, the training camp battle for roster spots on the D Line is going to be epic. We'll have:

Justin Smith
Ray Mac
Glenn Dorsey
Ian WIlliams
Tony Jerrod-Eddie
Tank
Demarcus Dobbs
Quinten Dial

We'll probably bring a few more into camp (Maybe take a flier on Dominique Easley like we did Tank?), but if we stand pat, I don't think Dobbs makes the cut. We keep 7 linemen on the active roster. That being said, I don't know who you deactivate on game days.

At any rate, just thought it was interesting.