Noomi Rapace will not reprise her role as Elizabeth Shaw in Alien: Covenant

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Other people's joy makes you angry
I understand that by and large the dumber you are the easier it is to attain joy. You aren't distracted by deeper thoughts and don't have silly things like intelligence getting in your way.

Congrats on going to Aliens Vs. Predator V starring Lance Henriksens hologram and Ja Rule and enjoying it in the future.

I salute you,you dumb fukking b*stard.

:salute:

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
I understand that by and large the dumber you are the easier it is to attain joy. You aren't distracted by deeper thoughts and don't have silly things like intelligence getting in your way.

Congrats on going to Aliens Vs. Predator V starring Lance Henriksens hologram and Ja Rule and enjoying it in the future.

I salute you,you dumb fukking b*stard.

:salute:
You take yourself way too serious
LOL @ a neg from you and an alias named @The M.A.C. confirming this...people enjoying things you don't is that upsetting to an elitist, huh?

Last edited:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Well here's the quesrion tho: are those the better performances because they're more iconic or because they're just better? I'm not disagreeing but it's something I've been thinking about since the homie @Sensitive Blake Griffin brought it up. Part of what made those performances iconic is that they were in great movies. Prometheus isn't great therefore the memory of a great performance is a bit muddled.
Aliens has some very memorable characters and I love Bill Paxton and Michael Biehn but neither of those roles are particularly challenging in my opinion. Ian Holm was great as Ash but ask yourself if any of those characters could've carried the entire film on the level that fassbender did.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Aliens has some very memorable characters and I love Bill Paxton and Michael Biehn but neither of those roles are particularly challenging in my opinion. Ian Holm was great as Ash but ask yourself if any of those characters could've carried the entire film on the level that fassbender did.
The film isn't well received, where did he carry it? Bill Paxton is quotable 30 years later is Fassbender after what 4?

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The film isn't well received, where did he carry it? Bill Paxton is quotable 30 years later is Fassbender after what 4?
I'm not talking about having quotables, I'm talking about overall performance. And if we're still not accepting the fact that fassbender carried the film with his performance then I dunno what to say. No one other then Sigourney weaver could've been placed into Prometheus and carried the film for the full run time

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I'm not talking about having quotables, I'm talking about overall performance. And if we're still not accepting the fact that fassbender carried the film with his performance then I dunno what to say. No one other then Sigourney weaver could've been placed into Prometheus and carried the film for the full run time
Nah man. Bill Paxton was a tour de force in Aliens. Other actors aspire to be Bill Paxton in Aliens.

:troll:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
No one is saying he didn't carry the film, but who cares if it isn't that good?

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Nah man. Bill Paxton was a tour de force in Aliens. Other actors aspire to be Bill Paxton in Aliens.

:troll:
Again, people cannot separate their overall love for a film from analyzing individual performances. I'm well aware Aliens had classic support characters but take them all out and Sigourney could've easily carried the film by herself, it would've been more in the vein of Alien but it still would've worked.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Again, people cannot separate their overall love for a film from analyzing individual performances. I'm well aware Aliens had classic support characters but take them all out and Sigourney could've easily carried the film by herself, it would've been more in the vein of Alien but it still would've worked.
Why are you harping on an individual performance in a sub par movie?

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Overall Prometheus is a good film with flaws, you all act like it was the worst reviewed film of all time. It's polarizing I will say that, especially on the internet.
Polarizing is the best word to use. The people that hate it have a tendency to try to make you believe it was universally hated. It wasn't. Use any metric available on the internet and more people liked it than did not.

Myself I thought it was a flawed film with some great aspects but altogether mediocre.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Why are you harping on an individual performance in a sub par movie?
:why:
This entire conversation has been about individual performance in a film and not the film. What exactly are you even getting at? If you don't understand the point of the conversation why are you even in it?

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Polarizing is the best word to use. The people that hate it have a tendency to try to make you believe it was universally hated. It wasn't. Use any metric available on the internet and more people liked it than did not.

Myself I thought it was a flawed film with some great aspects but altogether mediocre.
People like to forget that there were a lot of people in here propositioning theories and discussing the film ad nauseum on here, it was one of the more fun movie threads. I remember reading and researching different things after the movie, I'm not going to act like part of that wasn't lindelof not fully explaining things but the movie had subtle clues throughout the film, I sorta enjoyed that everything wasn't overtly explained (even though in some aspects it was also a problem with the film). Plus I love the ancient astronaut theory, I also honestly thought the Jesus aspect was extremely fascinating as well even though they didn't dive very deep into that aspect. All of my friends really thought it was a badass movie but obviously we tend to surround ourselves with like minded people.