None of Most Popular PlayStation Games Are Made by Sony.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Again the best selling game of 2023 didn't make that list. By your argument it isn't popular even though it sold more than every game on that list.
I didn’t say it’s not popular. I said the top 10 most played games are more popular.

Starfiled is a single player game, and it’s on xbox most played list :ehh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I didn’t say it’s not popular. I said the top 10 most played games are more popular.
Or maybe games that are built to be played constantly over and over again long term by many players are going to be favored in a list for most played games over games that maybe top out at 40 hours for the most extreme players and probably under 20 hours by everybody else. Spider-Man 2 was the 4th best selling game of 2023 and it's not on that list either.

I bet Helldivers 2 makes the list in 2024.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Or maybe games that are built to be played constantly over and over again long term by many players are going to be favored in a list for most played games over games that maybe top out at 40 hours for the most extreme players and probably under 20 hours by everybody else. Spider-Man 2 was the 4th best selling game of 2023 and it's not on that list either.

I bet Helldivers 2 makes the list in 2024.
Or maybe the games yall stan aren’t as popular or important as you think :ohhh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Or maybe the games yall stan aren’t as popular or important as you think :ohhh:
I mean you tell me how a $3 trillion dollar company can put out hardware and not have it sell better than a company with a $106 billion market cap? Outside those exclusive games the libraries are the same and as you say Sony games aren't so popular on their hardware even as the last notable one has gone on to sell millions of copies.

Something not adding up here.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I mean you tell me how a $3 trillion dollar company can put out hardware and not have it sell better than a company with a $106 billion market cap? Outside those exclusive games the libraries are the same and as you say Sony games aren't so popular on their hardware even as the last notable one has gone on to sell millions of copies.

Not sure what the market cap of each company has to do with anything.

I see what games people are playing most in the OP. :ehh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Not sure what the market cap of each company has to do with anything.

I see what games people are playing most in the OP. :ehh:
It has to do with the level of power and influence. One company is barely worth over $100 billion and the other has more than $80 billion in cash so like 76% of their entire worth just in cash sitting around.

I'm sorry but when Phil Spencer effectively says the games they make are better than ours we lost the console war to them he carries more weight than you.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It has to do with the level of power and influence. One company is barely worth over $100 billion and the other has more than $80 billion in cash so like 76% of their entire worth just in cash sitting around.

Microsoft could out price sony and sell more consoles, just to win the “console” war, but they wouldn’t make any money that way.

Only ones who care about the console war are you stuck in the 90s sony stan’s.
I'm sorry but when Phil Spencer effectively says the games they make are better than ours we lost the console war to them he carries more weight than you.
Sure if we make up our own quotes anything is possible :ehh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Microsoft could out price sony and sell more consoles, just to win the “console” war, but they wouldn’t make any money that way.

Only ones who care about the console war are you stuck in the 90s sony stan’s.

Sure if we make up our own quotes anything is possible :ehh:
It's in official court documents. Microsoft admits "many" PlayStation exclusives "better quality" than those on Xbox
"Sony has more exclusive games than Microsoft, many of which are better quality".
I guess your argument is the division he runs putting out that statement isn't him saying it or cosigning it?

Here's him directly admitting Xbox took that L.

The company itself admitting it

Why can't you?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So did you read the list in the op?
I did and like I said those are a bunch of multiplayer, live service, and repeat gameplay loop centric games. Of course they'll get more play time than a 15 hour single player experience.

Like I said the best selling game of 2023 didn't make that list either so the argument being made here is faulty to begin with.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I did and like I said those are a bunch of multiplayer, live service, and repeat gameplay loop centric games. Of course they'll get more play time than a 15 hour single player experience.

Like I said the best selling game of 2023 didn't make that list either so the argument being made here is faulty to begin with.
There’s all types of different genres and styles of games on most played games lists. Both of the other consoles have their single player exclusive games on their most played list.

Playstation does not.

That’s a FACT that doesn’t reconcile with your long time stan angle so you are having a problem accepting it.

Not my fault :manny:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

Microsofts gaming division does enough revenue that it doesn’t need the same model as Sony to be a success. Does that mean they wouldn’t like to sell more consoles? Of course not.

But they can put their most popular products on other platforms without worrying too much.

If you’d like an analogy, just look at o365. It’s consistently been the biggest product on Apple devices.

Or take it a step further:
Windows is now housed under m365