None of Most Popular PlayStation Games Are Made by Sony.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Your opinion on what games are fun/good don’t hold up to the numbers.

Arguing opinions is always an futile exercise.

Only reason any of this exists is because people want to make money.
Of course companies want to make money.

Some companies are more about the money than others.

Some companies have a track record of releasing good games, others don't.

As a consumer, none of that money companies are making matters if they put out a shyt product.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
r
Of course companies want to make money.

Some companies are more about the money than others.

Some companies have a track record of releasing good games, others don't.

As a consumer, none of that money companies are making matters if they put out a shyt product.
No company makes any decisions that aren’t about the bottom line.

You saying the top 10 most played games on playstation are not “good” :usure:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
r

No company makes any decisions that aren’t about the bottom line.

You saying the top 10 most played games on playstation are not “good” :usure:
Nope. I'm saying as a consumer it shouldn't matter that much.

If I go buy a car, I'm not asking if Ford has a higher profit margin than Dodge. I'm buying the better product.

When kids/parents decide to get a PS5, do they care about profit margins?

Half of the time we're not talking about games anymore. Folks worried about how much money said company has instead of the product they put out.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nope. I'm saying as a consumer it shouldn't matter that much.

If I go buy a car, I'm not asking if Ford has a higher profit margin than Dodge. I'm buying the better product.

When kids/parents decide to get a PS5, do they care about profit margins?

Half of the time we're not talking about games anymore. Folks worried about how much money said company has instead of the product they put out.
Apparently consumers LOVE xbox games. Despite your opinion on them :ehh:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Apparently consumers LOVE xbox games. Despite your opinion on them :ehh:
No, consumers enjoy COD. Which was already established before it became a "Xbox game".

Outside of that what you got? Starfield? If so read above.

see you in the next UK sales thread :salute:

Sure, I'll be in there talking about the reason PS5/Switch is selling well is because of superior games.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No, consumers enjoy COD. Which was already established before it became a "Xbox game".
Is it an xbox game today or naw?? :usure:
Outside of that what you got? Starfield? If so read above.
Pretty much all of xbox games recently have had at least 10 million players, some even 25+
Sure, I'll be in there talking about the reason PS5/Switch is selling well is because of superior games.
Crazy :wow:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony Stan's crazy

Y'all was telling me all throughout the PS4 generation and the last 4 years how 1st party titles are what people are playing and the reason PlayStation sales the hardware they sale is because of those 1st party exclusives.

I gave y'all numbers, reports and charts on how 3rd party games are what's important overall. But "Xbox has no games" was in full force. Most reg people buy a system to play with their friends or because their friends told them too.

Outside of that, like someone else mentioned early on in the thread Sony has always relied on third party games for their success. Yet when I mentioned over and over how Sony was locking Microsoft out of getting 3rd party games released on the Xbox, and how crippling that was Y'all answer was Microsoft should just focus on making their own first party great games and then people will come.

Now all of a sudden y'all are saying third party is the backbone of Sony.

So PlayStation gamers play way more 3rd party games than they own mega expensive movie games, And those 3rd party games make way more money :mjlol:

Sony doesn't have to make single player movie games, :mjlol: The MAU doesn't care if a game is single player or multiplayer.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
iu

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yeah, they def need to cut back on a lot of those stuff, which is why their profit margin is very low. Actually crazy when you think about it when they have that many consoles sold, but not much profit to show for it due to overspending
The price of hardware components not dropping is also hurting. The hardware is profitable but not nearly as much as I’m sure they predicted. By now the standard price should be no worse than 400 but that’s not the case anymore.

Problem is you can’t have your cake and eat it too. I fully expect game prices to be 79.99 standard next gen and This gen to ride out until 2028. Also expect in game advertisements to increase.

The worse thing Sony can do is start cutting corners too much on game production to where it affects the quality. They’ve established a standard similar to Apple as far as expectations of experience and quality. You gotta pay for top talent man and can’t get too cheap

Good thing is that they are the standard for home consoles worldwide and have always remembered that games is what makes you successful each and every gen. Third parties love them as well and will always cater to their user base for the same reasons.

They’ll be fine

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
nikkas love discussing games they dont even play

I dont remember any threads on these games that did numbers besides GTA5.

But all of a sudden now they're worthy of an in depth discussion and shyt

Lol

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The price of hardware components not dropping is also hurting. The hardware is profitable but not nearly as much as I’m sure they predicted. By now the standard price should be no worse than 400 but that’s not the case anymore.

Problem is you can’t have your cake and eat it too. I fully expect game prices to be 79.99 standard next gen and This gen to ride out until 2028. Also expect in game advertisements to increase.

The worse thing Sony can do is start cutting corners too much on game production to where it affects the quality. They’ve established a standard similar to Apple as far as expectations of experience and quality. You gotta pay for top talent man and can’t get too cheap

Good thing is that they are the standard for home consoles worldwide and have always remembered that games is what makes you successful each and every gen. Third parties love them as well and will always cater to their user base for the same reasons.

They’ll be fine
Yeah, being the go-to console allows them to spend because if 60% of install base of games like fifa, cod, madden, and others are on playstation. Then that 30% cut is funding Sony for their other endeavours. I think it's foolish to just dismiss how important it is to be market leader and getting 30% cut on games and MTX. I think marketing wise they most likely don't need to pay for exclusive content imo because the market has already chosen Playstation as the go to console. They just need to figure out first party budgeting because no way Spiderman 2 should cost $300m to make, but in the reality of things that is today's market

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yeah, being the go-to console allows them to spend because if 60% of install base of games like fifa, cod, madden, and others are on playstation. Then that 30% cut is funding Sony for their other endeavours. I think it's foolish to just dismiss how important it is to be market leader and getting 30% cut on games and MTX. I think marketing wise they most likely don't need to pay for exclusive content imo because the market has already chosen Playstation as the go to console. They just need to figure out first party budgeting because no way Spiderman 2 should cost $300m to make, but in the reality of things that is today's market
Agreed

But that’s the price of the brick nowadays. You not getting the same margins as past gen’s at these prices. The price of the brick has to go up or you cut costs. The latter is playing a dangerous game.

Even though Spideys budget was high, the game has already gone diamond and with it being a first party game they get damn near 100% of the revenue before giving their royalty cut to Disney.

Every game doesn’t and can’t get those kinda budgets. That should be reserved for PROVEN quality developers.