No thread on the 60 Minutes piece on Saudi 9/11 ties?

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
you know who would call them on their bluff?

trump :jawalrus:

and goddamnit, i want to see this happen. take your pick; is not passing this bill corruption, or cowardice? we're talking about nine fukkin eleven here :what:

"Divest in American assets we'll nuke you". -Donald J. Trump

A new era of American foreign policy, a new nuclear winter.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Divest in American assets we'll nuke you". -Donald J. Trump

A new era of American foreign policy, a new nuclear winter.
do you agree that this bill must be passed? i dont give a fukk whos in the white house

MrSinnister

Delete account when possible.
Daps
They have to find a buyer of all of these assets, no? Who's really holding the cards here?? Does anyone know the effects of them dropping the petrodollar though?

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
They have to find a buyer of all of these assets, no? Who's really holding the cards here?? Does anyone know the effects of them dropping the petrodollar though?

The US could simply blacklist any prospective buyer of those bonds

Saudis talking mad shyt and can't write the check. They are desperate.

MrSinnister

Daps
The US could simply blacklist any prospective buyer of those bonds

Saudis talking mad shyt and can't write the check. They are desperate.
What about the petrodollar though. Let's say the Saudis decide to go with the Chines Yuan (they're already giving them a bad economy discount). Would that jack our gas prices back to the 3-4 range?

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
What about the petrodollar though. Let's say the Saudis decide to go with the Chines Yuan (they're already giving them a bad economy discount). Would that jack our gas prices back to the 3-4 range?

Russia wouldn't allow but if it did.....interesting. Prices will shoot up, maybe beyond 3-4 a gallon. Thats really the only downside. It would get us out of the middle east. China and Russian relations would be frayed. More emphasis on alternative fuel sources which will benefit our society in the long wrong.

The Saudis would be surrenduring any chance at US protection against Islamists attempting to overthrow the KSA

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
You're saying it sarcastically but its actually very similar to past and current US policy :sas2:
I honestly don't know what the law entails are we trying to make them responsible for lawsuits due to terrorism?

Yeah they'd have to find buyer... the numbers are out of the realm I can comprehend

The US is from what I can tell.

what are they going to trade in other than the dollar? lol

Also so say they sell all these treasuries what are they going to back up their own currency/debt with.

I remember people were worried if China had a big selloff years ago and they eventually did overtime, from what I remember it had no effect on the US.

I think I have a decent grasp of economics :yeashrug:

@Domingo Halliburton @alybaba @Futuristic Eskimo

MrSinnister

Daps
Russia wouldn't allow but if it did.....interesting. Prices will shoot up, maybe beyond 3-4 a gallon. Thats really the only downside. It would get us out of the middle east. China and Russian relations would be frayed. More emphasis on alternative fuel sources which will benefit our society in the long wrong.

The Saudis would be surrenduring any chance at US protection against Islamists attempting to overthrow the KSA
So they kind of got us by the balls in the short term, but would actually be fuming themselves even harder in the mid and long term.

I say fukk em and let them pass the bill. Would be very interesting to see how the victims would be able to sue a government based on some individuals actions. I just want to see what comes from the exploratory phase :lupe:.

We would likely find out that a lot of shot going on is state-sponsored somehow.