No stanning but is the new xbox dead like last generation?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You could list some instead of saying shyt to say it. Imo if there isn't new games to play or exclusives, there's not a sufficient reason to buy a game playing console for shyt you can already play. Anything else and you're just throwing money away for it to hopefully pay off in 2 years. Throw that shyt in the stock market it'd be better off.

I love that it's a highly controversial opinion to suggest you shouldn't waste money on a high end gaming console with no new games. Coli got too many shills
There’s value to having new hardware and features.

Reducing it to games available per generation is missing the point.

It’s not NES days anymore, games are scaleable and there’s no reason to arbitrarily exclude “old” hardware.

But the benefits of new hardware are clear.

Just to give a quick example Cyberpunk is available on last gen and current, but the last gen version is trash to the point it’s barely playable. The current gen Xbox version is a great game.

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
All shyt you can already play without dropping 500 bucks dumbass lmao

My point isn't Sony is over Xbox but the people in this thread are stuck in 2007.

My point is why pay 500 dollars to play some shyt you can already play? There is no reason to own either console other than I like it because it's pretty and has better hardware. And even then, 500 dollars? At least make these companies work for it by dropping new games first lol

It's like paying for a ps5 or series X to play the witcher 3. Think about it. You mentioned Grand theft auto 5. The game that came out when last gens consoles dropped. How could you type that shyt and think you made a good point. That game was 7 years ago and you said "Duuuuuhhh you can play it on this shiny new console". Retarded ass shyt. Stop splitting hairs and use reading comprehension.

That is not a good reason to own a new console. Neither are worth it ATM

Your goof ass came in here talking about playing 360 games on gamepass.

And faster more powerful hardware is a solid reason for upgrading. These console generations aren't yearly updates they're substantial improvements.

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Man im not a hard-core gaming nikka and I got one. If you can get one with a little effort why not.
Hard to believe you stumbled upon a ps5 or series x with little effort. Even the series s is still somewhat hard to find

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
This generation is going to be a repeat of last generation. Just stick to buying what you prefer when you see something you want to play.
This

Ive actually held off on any next gen console because there’s nothing that makes me want to go through scalpers and get one

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Last gen that shyt was super dead though and I don't want a console none of my friends will have.
Most multiplayer games are releasing with cross platform play so I think owning the same console to play with friends will matter less going forward this gen.

You can own an Xbox and join friends playing on playstation on nearly every big multiplayer game released in the past 2 years.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
If all you play are sports games or cod might as well get an xbox and Gamepass will hold you over casual

If you are looking for a next gen system with next gen games ps5 clearly has the upper hand right now on different genres - demon souls(rpg), miles morales (action/adventure), returnal (shooter) and ratchet and clank (platformer) are all next gen experiences in 4k 60 fps

Ps5 also gives you 20 of the biggest ps4 hits for free with the psplus collection if you missed them

I actually only play warzone and 2k. But spiderman is a game I would play.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
If he's playing games with friends he's probably playing multiplats for the most part anyway.

Just hit up the homies and see what they're copping.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
lies. It was above 50 million back at the beginning of 2020 And even then 50 million is more than any other “failed” console by far. You claim they will “never sell consoles like Nintendo” when 50 mill+ means they sold just as much or more than the majority of Nintendo consoles.
As you would say, lies. Only 4 consoles nintendo consoles out of the 11 manufactured have sold less than 50 million. Snes, N64, Cube, Wii U. And according to any source i find, xboxone is at around 48 million. (They were at 46 million last may according to Forbes.) nintendo released a console four years later and it has surpassed the xbone in sales figures. Dont you ever disgrace the good name of Nintendo when trying to prop up a Microsoft product.

now, back to the topic. I would def see what friends are getting. Also, i always prefered the Xbox controllers to sonys, but the ps5 controller is pretty sick. Has good weight to it, unlike the previous ones.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
As you would say, lies. Only 4 consoles nintendo consoles out of the 11 manufactured have sold less than 50 million. Snes, N64, Cube, Wii U. And according to any source i find, xboxone is at around 48 million. (They were at 46 million last may according to Forbes.) nintendo released a console four years later and it has surpassed the xbone in sales figures. Dont you ever disgrace the good name of Nintendo when trying to prop up a Microsoft product.
NES is 60 and again Xbox one was well past 50 late 2019

Xbox One Sales Reach 50 Million In New Turtle Beach Earnings Call | SegmentNext

Not trying to split hair over a few consoles, my only point was that claiming a 50-60 million selling console is a “failure” doesn’t stand up to history.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Might cop a new console cause video card prices never coming down ,but I prefer the xbox controller over the PlayStation.

Last gen that shyt was super dead though and I don't want a console none of my friends will have.
That's funny, cause I only really have a Series X cause of my friends (and maybe the Bethesda games that I'm guessing won't land on PS5). But they're also casual ass COD/Madden/2K-only types.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Series X is fire. 5 seems good too. If it's all about what your friends are getting, have a meeting, I guess. Other than that, you can take advantage and get like 3 years of Game Pass Ultimate for like 150. AMAZING deal.