No Poison No Paradise - The Official Detroit Lions 2014 Offseason Thread

MercuryHayes

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Stationed in Antarctica, Coldest Niggga Alive
They shouldn't have all their eggs in the basket of that safety from the ravens.

I hope slay and greenwood can step up. That would be a nice combo

Real talk though, the potential Clinton Dix fukkery always comes to mind. Everytime he gets an INT off us, sports radio call in scumbags will remind everyone he was available, regardless of if Ebron does well or not.

FaygoMI

All Star
Daps
Just wanna have a little dialogue about the draft

LOL who listen to Kiper? Would you rather they take Odell Beckman at 10? Denard went into the late 20's for a reason. Same with Pryor going before HA HA.

James is a nice stop gap player, we can't go fixing everything wrong with the team in one year. I would much rather have van noy/ james than ha ha/ palmer . This new defense needed a lb more than a safety.

Greenwood and Slay will be better because we will be blitzing more.... that get to the qb with 4 shyt is not working when you best pass rushers are dt's and not de's.

How many Titans players were getting the job done back in the day? Gotta give that credit to Washburn in my eyes. Yes they had an elite DE but the rest of those guys were coming from god knows where.

I think a big part of the problem with the old coaching staff is they didn't improve any players...

I think the Wr Jones makes the team....... And if Reid played at a bigger school he would have been a 3rd rounder.

Who did you want them to draft at 10 the way the draft fell?

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
LOL who listen to Kiper? Would you rather they take Odell Beckman at 10? Denard went into the late 20's for a reason. Same with Pryor going before HA HA.

James is a nice stop gap player, we can't go fixing everything wrong with the team in one year. I would much rather have van noy/ james than ha ha/ palmer . This new defense needed a lb more than a safety.

Greenwood and Slay will be better because we will be blitzing more.... that get to the qb with 4 shyt is not working when you best pass rushers are dt's and not de's.

How many Titans players were getting the job done back in the day? Gotta give that credit to Washburn in my eyes. Yes they had an elite DE but the rest of those guys were coming from god knows where.

I think a big part of the problem with the old coaching staff is they didn't improve any players...

I think the Wr Jones makes the team....... And if Reid played at a bigger school he would have been a 3rd rounder.

I hate when people say player x woulda been a "reach" at a certain draft position. We know over half the first round is gonna be trash once these guys get on the field.

Supposedly they want a more aggressive, attacking defense, with the corners pressing more. Uh, isn't that Dennard's bread and butter? How is he not a perfect fit for that? Who the fukk cares if they pick him earlier than other teams would have if he's a stud?

Van Noy and the kicker are the only picks I like right now, as I don't see a lot of immediate help from this draft. Can't say I'm surprised at all.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Real talk though, the potential Clinton Dix fukkery always comes to mind. Everytime he gets an INT off us, sports radio call in scumbags will remind everyone he was available, regardless of if Ebron does well or not.
Yup. Not just dix the safety the ravens took right after we took Swanson and the tight ends the packers and ravens took in the 3rd rd.

People gonna be callin in turning red as hell in the face:pachaha:

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
:russ:
I hate when people say player x woulda been a "reach" at a certain draft position. We know over half the first round is gonna be trash once these guys get on the field.

Supposedly they want a more aggressive, attacking defense, with the corners pressing more. Uh, isn't that Dennard's bread and butter? How is he not a perfect fit for that? Who the fukk cares if they pick him earlier than other teams would have if he's a stud?

Van Noy and the kicker are the only picks I like right now, as I don't see a lot of immediate help from this draft. Can't say I'm surprised at all.
the whole reach thing just comes from what they say on tv.
Mayhew said he wanted 3 starters out of the draft, I hope he was including the kicker in that:mjlol:

eastside313

Superstar
Daps

If Washburn was the main reason Titan lineman was playing so well he would've became a d coordinator. I'm not knocking him but to say he's gonna make somebody a player cause that's what he do seems a little far fetched.
This defense needed a safety and a linebacker and they could've had both, then get staffords new toy in the 3rd. Having ebron was not a necessity for a team that had the 3rd most passing yards in the nfl last year.

FaygoMI

All Star
Daps
:russ: the whole reach thing just comes from what they say on tv.
Mayhew said he wanted 3 starters out of the draft, I hope he was including the kicker in that:mjlol:

Its not just from Analyst. Its obvious the way players get drafted.

If the scouts and talent evaluators rate ebron as a 8 prospect and Denard as a 6.5 you take the 8.

The oc had Ebron above Evans. I don't like the pick at all but at least the stay true to THEIR philosophy.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Its not just from Analyst. Its obvious the way players get drafted.

If the scouts and talent evaluators rate ebron as a 8 prospect and Denard as a 6.5 you take the 8.

The oc had Ebron above Evans. I don't like the pick at all but at least the stay true to THEIR philosophy.
Which has been so successful. :comeon:

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
How about kaeppernick got his deal done in one day of negotiations:sas1:

But mr suh done had months:sas2:

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How about kaeppernick got his deal done in one day of negotiations:sas1:

But mr suh done had months:sas2:

One day,huh? :aicmon: you down on Suh at the moment, cant say that I blame you. But one day of negotiations is wrong lol. Truthfully we don't know whtats holding up the extension.

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes, we do. Suh sees the team is not serious about winning. He will get paid anywhere.

:youngsabo:

Suh is dragging his feet, I dont doubt this.

I disagree with them not being serious about not winning. They want to win, just that they dont know how. :pachaha: they have a good mix of players. and hopefully Caldwell is the right man for the job

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
One day,huh? :aicmon: you down on Suh at the moment, cant say that I blame you. But one day of negotiations is wrong lol. Truthfully we don't know whtats holding up the extension.
It's been reported that they had one day of hard negotiating to get the deal done.

Suh is gonna have the locker room all fukked up with his antics

Lol lions have been saying they wanna make suh one of the highest paid players in the league. But suh wants to be a free agent. He is what is holding up the extension. They can't even sign Ebron cause they don't have cap space.