No Poison No Paradise - The Official Detroit Lions 2014 Offseason Thread

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
0cb8e74acd1c501b79f320f213f81368-japan22.gif

This is why we are the Lions. Let a sidearming QB hit the lotto, then bring in crazy talent to mask the flaws. We need defense.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
This wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. :beli:

I didn't know they made that hard of a push for Peterson though. Should have offered their entire draft, because they didn't get shyt out of it anyway.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
North Carolina TE Eric Ebron expects to be a Lion
Former North Carolina tight end Eric Ebron told a team he recently visited that he expects to be drafted by theDetroit Lions.

The Lions hold the No. 10 overall pick in the NFL draft and are reportedly in strong consideration of drafting a receiver, perhaps former Texas A&M star Mike Evans. But with his gifted receiving skills and potential as a slot tight end, Ebron could be what Detroit is looking for in a receiving weapon, even if not technically a wide receiver.

Ebron's expectation was reported at mmqb.si.com.

It certainly would come as no surprise to NFL Media analyst Bucky Brooks, who projected Ebron to be the Lions' choice in an April 15 update to his mock draft.

That Ebron believes he'll be taken by Detroit is certainly no assurance -- frequently, players reveal after they are drafted that their new teams showed little pre-draft interest -- but it would figure to be a strong indicator of the feedback Ebron, and/or his agent Bus Cook, have received from the club. The Lions' most productive tight end last season was Brandon Pettigrew, who made 41 catches for 416 yards and a pair of touchdowns. Detroit re-signed Pettigrew in free agency for four years at $16 million, although that wouldn't necessarily preclude Ebron as a draft pick if the club planned to use Pettigrew more in a hand-on-ground blocking role.

Follow Chase Goodbread on Twitter@ChaseGoodbread.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
If we use ebron like NO used Graham in slot or out wide majority of time it can work. If evans, mack, barr or watkins arent there, i wouldnt mind ebron. The closer we get to draft it seems the dbs are falling. cj tate on outside with ebron in slot, with two quality rbs and pettigrew becoming less involved in pasing attack can work. Might also mean new coaching staff is not that confident in fauria becoming everydown TE.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Report: Detroit Lions' Ndamukong Suh to skip minicamp
When the Detroit Lions begin their three-day voluntary minicamp on Tuesday, they will be minus Ndamukong Suh, according to the Associated Press.

Suh did not attend the first two weeks of conditioning workouts which were also voluntary.

A source told the Associated Press that Suh won’t participate in minicamp this week, but will attend the voluntary workouts in May and the mandatory minicamp in June.

In the past two weeks coach Jim Caldwell has made it clear he would like Suh to be in attendance at the voluntary sessions. Not only has the team worked on strength and conditioning, they have done classroom work with the new coaching staff to get familiar with the new schemes.

The Lions and Suh’s agent are working on a contract extension.

The Lions have been clear they expect it to get done. Suh's 2014 salary counts $20 million against the salary cap. When Matthew Stafford signed an extension in 2013, it didn’t happen until early July. Stafford, though, did not miss any voluntary workout sessions.
:comeon:

Captain of ya defense

I would be shocked if suh resigns

Ticker: ESPN writer wonders why aren't Detroit Lions upset at Ndamukong Suh?
Should we be more upset that Ndamukong Suh skipped the Lions’ voluntary workouts?

Jeffri Chadiha of ESPN.com says the Lions should be.

He writes: “The most disturbing aspect of Suh’s absence isn’t that he isn’t there. It’s that his team doesn’t have the courage to forcefully question that choice. This essentially is one more example of why this franchise has enjoyed only two winning seasons in the past 16 years. ...

“Apparently, Suh plans on doing whatever he wants until he absolutely has to be with his teammates. That’s an acceptable stance for a player who has enjoyed postseason success or is able to show off at least one Super Bowl ring. For a young star such as Suh, it sounds very much like a player who still doesn’t know what it takes to win. And the saddest part of all is that the people around him aren’t willing to call him out on that.”

Last edited:

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
All a bunch of talking head bullshyt imo. Suh been the only consistent player worth a damn on the d since he got there. I hate when writers make those lazy ass correlations, and fans just take that shyt and run with it. If the defense is sorry is it gonna be because Suh didn't show up to some involuntary workouts? Barry hadn't been coming to them shots since his rookie year. Clearly that's the reason we only won 1 playoff game during his time here. :comeon:

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Heath Evans claiming Suh was uncontrollable, bullying teammates, and kept doing things to show Schwartz he had more power after the season ended lol. I didnt even watch that video :russ:

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Schedule has leaked
Week 1 - Sept. 8 - vs. New York Giants (TBA, ESPN) Monday Night Game
Week 2 - Sept. 14 - at Carolina Panthers
Week 3 - Sept. 21 - vs. Green Bay Packers
Week 4 - Sept. 28 - at New York Jets
Week 5 - Oct. 5 - vs. Buffalo Bills
Week 6 - Oct. 12 - at Minnesota Vikings
Week 7 - Oct. 19 - vs. New Orleans Saints
Week 8 - Oct. 26 - at Atlanta Falcons (9:30 a.m., FOX) | In London, England
Week 9 - BYE
Week 10 - Nov. 9 - vs. Miami Dolphins
Week 11 - Nov. 16 - at Arizona Cardinals
Week 12 - Nov. 23 - at New England Patriots
Week 13 - Nov. 27 - vs. Chicago Bears (12:30 p.m., CBS) | On Thanksgiving
Week 14 - Dec. 7 - vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Week 15 - Dec. 14 - vs. Minnesota Vikings
Week 16 - Dec. 21 - at Chicago Bears
Week 17 - Dec. 28 - at Green Bay Packers

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
All a bunch of talking head bullshyt imo. Suh been the only consistent player worth a damn on the d since he got there. I hate when writers make those lazy ass correlations, and fans just take that shyt and run with it. If the defense is sorry is it gonna be because Suh didn't show up to some involuntary workouts? Barry hadn't been coming to them shots since his rookie year. Clearly that's the reason we only won 1 playoff game during his time here. :comeon:
idk breh Suh's best year statistically was his rookie year :manny:

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
New coaching staff new schemes and team is tryin to win now. Every healthy player is there except suh. Suh wanted to be a captain and a leader and this is how he leads.Didn't hire a agent in time to even attempt to get a new deal so the team can add more players in free agency.

Sapp aint a writer or a talking head, he's a player who put that work in that suh should be puttin in.

Last edited:

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
New coaching staff new schemes and team is tryin to win now. Every healthy player is there except suh. Suh wanted to be a captain and a leader and this is how he leads.Didn't hire a agent in time to even attempt to get a new deal so the team can add more players in free agency.

Sapp aint a writer or a talking head, he's a player who put that work in that suh should be puttin in.
Where you been? Sapp is definitely a talking head now, and one that's frequently left with his foot in his mouth. He one of them ol hatin ass nikkas who always try to shyt on other players while his glass house is crumbled all around his feet. He been talking out his ass for years.

Believe what you want homie. But I don't try and read into all that shyt. If he has a great season none of these folks who been running with this story will bring the fact that he didn't show up to some involuntary work out up at all. And no one will call them out for it. There's no accountability to an article like that, and that's my problem with sports "journalism" these days. That article and several other like it just speak to lazy ass writing technique of today's media. That "still doesn't know what it takes to win" and "winner", "heart of a champion", and all that other un-quantifiable bullshyt writers want to throw out there as support for their opinions, miss me with that shyt. I judge nikkas by what they do on they field, not what these writers try to spoon feed me.

The fact that one of those articles pointed out that Stafford didn't miss any of these workouts during his contract negotiations should say enough. Clearly that's the shyt that builds winners. If a player is winning superbowls then apparently that shyt is all good, but what if that was that players practice long before they started winning? Of course no one bother to mention that or research it, because then it wouldn't support their bullshyt narrative. Ol' "I'll conveniently cherry pick when it's a problem ass" writing.