No Poison No Paradise - The Official Detroit Lions 2014 Offseason Thread

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
I ain't gonna shyt on the man just cause he was a terrible owner, but hopefully this will work out like a reverse situation of what happened with the Pistons when Bill Davidson died. Does Jr. take over? They always would report that he had completely opposite views on what to do with the team than his father as far as moves to improve.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
I ain't gonna shyt on the man just cause he was a terrible owner, but hopefully this will work out like a reverse situation of what happened with the Pistons when Bill Davidson died. Does Jr. take over? They always would report that he had completely opposite views on what to do with the team than his father as far as moves to improve.
Hopefully now the organzation can be given a enema. Cause they been doing the same shyt for 30 years.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
All Detroit owners are going to die within a couple years of eachother. Illitch on his deathbed too :to:
They gotta win a WS before he croaks. He's done everything he could to make the Tigers a winner.

As fukked up as it sounds, I have a sliver of hope for the Lions for the first time since I was a naive child.

Maizeandbluekid

Early 2010's OG
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Honestly.... I am not that saddened by the death of William Clay Ford, Sr. He was 88 years old, lived a long life, and was a billionaire. Yeah, thoughts and condolences to his family and all, but that's about it.

I know you should rarely ever celebrate someone's death, but remember how Cleveland Browns fans felt when Art Modell kicked the bucket? Well, this is what Detroit Lions fans (non-slaps) have been dreaming of for YEARS. In his 56 years of ownership, the Lions became the go-to punchline in terms of awful and inept sports franchises.

They gave away a Hall of Fame Quarterback (Bobby Lane), and their incompetence lead to one of the greatest RBs ever (Barry Sanders) to say "fukk it" and retire via fax machine because he was sick of the losing. And while it was a bit coincidental, their idiotic and dreadful way of hiring coaches, front office personnel, and drafting players lead to the first ever 0-16 season in NFL history.

And here's the kicker: if WCF, Sr. "loved his team more than anybody else.", then why on God's green earth would he hire, employ, and actually re-sign to a contract extension perhaps the WORST General Manager in the history of professional sports.... for nearly EIGHT. YEARS.

And the crowning jewel of achievement in the WCF experience was that during his tenure as owner, which was 56 years, the Lions had a grand spanking total of.... One. Playoff. Victory. No Conference titles. No Super Bowl trophies. Just One. Single. Playoff. Win.

Enough said.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
He'll be a clear upgrade over Delmas though. Factor in a drafting of Dennard with their 1st rounder and we might have a decent secondary for once. :lupe:

I doubt if they taking denard at 10. I think they gonna go wr I would rather then take the te cause it would kill 2 birds with one stone. He would give them a #2 option they want and he' ran a 4.6 while Evans ran a 4.53. He's versatile enough to play out wide. And they wouldn't have to overpay pettigrew.

Upgrade over delmas. That ain't saying much:skip:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Honestly.... I am not that saddened by the death of William Clay Ford, Sr. He was 88 years old, lived a long life, and was a billionaire. Yeah, thoughts and condolences to his family and all, but that's about it.

I know you should rarely ever celebrate someone's death, but remember how Cleveland Browns fans felt when Art Modell kicked the bucket? Well, this is what Detroit Lions fans (non-slaps) have been dreaming of for YEARS. In his 56 years of ownership, the Lions became the go-to punchline in terms of awful and inept sports franchises.

They gave away a Hall of Fame Quarterback (Bobby Lane), and their incompetence lead to one of the greatest RBs ever (Barry Sanders) to say "fukk it" and retire via fax machine because he was sick of the losing. And while it was a bit coincidental, their idiotic and dreadful way of hiring coaches, front office personnel, and drafting players lead to the first ever 0-16 season in NFL history.

And here's the kicker: if WCF, Sr. "loved his team more than anybody else.", then why on God's green earth would he hire, employ, and actually re-sign to a contract extension perhaps the WORST General Manager in the history of professional sports.... for nearly EIGHT. YEARS.

And the crowning jewel of achievement in the WCF experience was that during his tenure as owner, which was 56 years, the Lions had a grand spanking total of.... One. Playoff. Victory. No Conference titles. No Super Bowl trophies. Just One. Single. Playoff. Win.

Enough said.

:lawd:

I doubt if they taking denard at 10. I think they gonna go wr I would rather then take the te cause it would kill 2 birds with one stone. He would give them a #2 option they want and he' ran a 4.6 while Evans ran a 4.53. He's versatile enough to play out wide. And they wouldn't have to overpay pettigrew.

Upgrade over delmas. That ain't saying much:skip:

I always thought Quin was more of a cover guy. I'm saying Ward should be a CLEAR upgrade over Delmas. If they signed him and took Dennard, they'd be looking good in the secondary.

Watkins is the WR I'd want in the first round but he won't be there at 10. They could finally fix the secondary this offseason. They better not fukk it up. :ufdup: