No Poison No Paradise - The Official Detroit Lions 2014 Offseason Thread

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Im warming up to the TE from NC if he is a legit vernon davis clone. Run two TE like NE did with gronk and hernandez with CJ wouldnt be bad. Not sure if ebron can block though

We gotta stop falling in love with the offensive side. They need to roll with fauria and michael Williams and sign a cheap veteran. They need linebackers and a safety. If they resign suh this will be fairley last year and they need a pass rushing de. We need to pray that those young corners can step up.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
We gotta stop falling in love with the offensive side. They need to roll with fauria and michael Williams and sign a cheap veteran. They need linebackers and a safety. If they resign suh this will be fairley last year and they need a pass rushing de. We need to pray that those young corners can step up.
With burleson gone, they have only one legit pass catcher if they let pettigrew go. Fauria is great in redzone but dont know if he is a every down player and williams has never played. If they could sign someone like bolden or nicks in FA and draft ebron, our offense would be set. Biggest needs on the team in order are wr, s, cb. Other than maybe haha clinton dix there is no db or lb i would take in the top ten. Safeties are easier to find in later rds and in todays nfl a third lb is really not that important unless you want a replacement for tulluch. The pass rush is fine. Ansah and taylor are only going to get better and they get jason jones back. Suh is suh and fairley is going to be playing for a new contract, so he should be motivated.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

With burleson gone, they have only one legit pass catcher if they let pettigrew go. Fauria is great in redzone but dont know if he is a every down player and williams has never played. If they could sign someone like bolden or nicks in FA and draft ebron, our offense would be set. Biggest needs on the team in order are wr, s, cb. Other than maybe haha clinton dix there is no db or lb i would take in the top ten. Safeties are easier to find in later rds and in todays nfl a third lb is really not that important unless you want a replacement for tulluch. The pass rush is fine. Ansah and taylor are only going to get better and they get jason jones back. Suh is suh and fairley is going to be playing for a new contract, so he should be motivated.

:ehh:well played on both ends, stalemate

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
The biggest problem on the lions last year besides stafford was the pass rush. How many times did we see quarterbacks having all day to go thru their reads. The lions been making bums look like pro bowlers for years. When you got the best wr in the game you shouldn't need no other top 10 players in your receiving core. Plus bush and bell both are pass catchers. A middle rd pick and a affordable veteran should be enough. Defense is what wins in the nfl. It doesn't matter who is catching passes if stafford is gonna be a unreliable b*stard. Good teams find all players in the middle rounds. Tight ends and wideouts are probably the easiest players to find later in the draft for good teams. Good defenses bring in multiple pass rushers not just the starters. Jason jones a ok run defender and a decent rotational player, but homeboy ain't a pass rusher. Stephen Tulloch is a nice guy and a good player but he's not a 3 down linebacker, and Ashlee Palmer is not a starting linebacker. Defense been lacking a playmaking safety forever. Stafford is the key to that offense.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
The biggest problem on the lions last year besides stafford was the pass rush. How many times did we see quarterbacks having all day to go thru their reads. The lions been making bums look like pro bowlers for years. When you got the best wr in the game you shouldn't need no other top 10 players in your receiving core. Plus bush and bell both are pass catchers. A middle rd pick and a affordable veteran should be enough. Defense is what wins in the nfl. It doesn't matter who is catching passes if stafford is gonna be a unreliable b*stard. Good teams find all players in the middle rounds. Tight ends and wideouts are probably the easiest players to find later in the draft for good teams. Good defenses bring in multiple pass rushers not just the starters. Jason jones a ok run defender and a decent rotational player, but homeboy ain't a pass rusher. Stephen Tulloch is a nice guy and a good player but he's not a 3 down linebacker, and Ashlee Palmer is not a starting linebacker. Defense been lacking a playmaking safety forever. Stafford is the key to that offense.
It honestly is gonna depend on what kind of defensive attack they wanna run. Ashlee Palmer was a very occasional player since they played nickel so much. I would love a big playmaking safety as well, but I'm on the fence on a lb early. If they gonna use the lb's more aggressively than Schwartz regime did than I'm all for it. I want yo see a more aggressive defense out there with much more blitzing. Time to stop only relying on our front 4 for pressure. Change that shyt up.

@eastside313 I am starting to wrap my mind around rolling with the corners we got. Let them young nikkas develop with some better coaching and see what they can do. Safety is a bigger need. I still wouldn't be upset with a wer either. Outside of CJ we ate really lacking in the playmaker dept at wr. The corpse of Nate Burleson was supposed to be our #2 lay year. We haven't had 2 good wrs since Roy and Calvin were playing together.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
It honestly is gonna depend on what kind of defensive attack they wanna run. Ashlee Palmer was a very occasional player since they played nickel so much. I would love a big playmaking safety as well, but I'm on the fence on a lb early. If they gonna use the lb's more aggressively than Schwartz regime did than I'm all for it. I want yo see a more aggressive defense out there with much more blitzing. Time to stop only relying on our front 4 for pressure. Change that shyt up.

@eastside313 I am starting to wrap my mind around rolling with the corners we got. Let them young nikkas develop with some better coaching and see what they can do. Safety is a bigger need. I still wouldn't be upset with a wer either. Outside of CJ we ate really lacking in the playmaker dept at wr. The corpse of Nate Burleson was supposed to be our #2 lay year. We haven't had 2 good wrs since Roy and Calvin were playing together.
improved pass rush and safety play and those corners wouldn't look so bad. The wave of new versatile defense have a safety that can come down and play a slot man to man.

NAte gave us all he had it wasnt his fault mayhew drafted a looney toon and a injured wr to take his place:bryan:

one of the reasons they played nickel so much was probably because they knew palmer at linebacker was weakness.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
improved pass rush and safety play and those corners wouldn't look so bad. The wave of new versatile defense have a safety that can come down and play a slot man to man.

NAte gave us all he had it wasnt his fault mayhew drafted a looney toon and a injured wr to take his place:bryan:

one of the reasons they played nickel so much was probably because they knew palmer at linebacker was weakness.
I have to disagree. The pass rush was adequate, it was that if the dline did not get to the qb our dbs got torched. if anything the defense was too dependent on dline pressure. Makes it even worse when they never blitz. most teams stay in the nickel nowadays due to it being such a pass happy league.

And just because broyles and titus failed doesnt mean you should be afraid to draft a wr, charles roger and mike williams didnt stop lions from drafting Calvin. if a wr or te in this draft has opportunity to be elite, they should be drafted with no question.

While i would love to have a defense like Seattles or sf , lions are more built in the broncos, saints, packers mold. You can win in nfl with an elite offense and solid defense.

Lions invested heavy in stafford and CJ but they need help. just because cj is the best at what he does, doesnt mean he cant use some help. The offense cannot fall apart every time he is out of game. If you feel comfortable going into next season with cj fauria ross durham as top wrs, your retarded.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
I have to disagree. The pass rush was adequate, it was that if the dline did not get to the qb our dbs got torched. if anything the defense was too dependent on dline pressure. Makes it even worse when they never blitz. most teams stay in the nickel nowadays due to it being such a pass happy league.

And just because broyles and titus failed doesnt mean you should be afraid to draft a wr, charles roger and mike williams didnt stop lions from drafting Calvin. if a wr or te in this draft has opportunity to be elite, they should be drafted with no question.

While i would love to have a defense like Seattles or sf , lions are more built in the broncos, saints, packers mold. You can win in nfl with an elite offense and solid defense.

Lions invested heavy in stafford and CJ but they need help. just because cj is the best at what he does, doesnt mean he cant use some help. The offense cannot fall apart every time he is out of game. If you feel comfortable going into next season with cj fauria ross durham as top wrs, your retarded.[/quote]

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
The lions want pettigrew back. :snoop:
This is the problem with them. They always rewarding mediocrity. Yes pettigrew had a nice stretch last season but he been a below average player for 5 years. And of course the lions will wanna resign him and give him a raise.

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Them wanting Pettigrew back is almost as outlandish as them taking another tight end in the first round

I think they get a veteran wide receiver in free agency and one of the two/three first picks go to a wide out, everything else should be defense with mlb/corner(s), etcs

Johnson/free agent/ draft pick/Broyles/Ross/Durham ..plus Staff gets his shyt together lol and we'll be good to go. They have put up yards but not points these last two years. A lot of that is coaching/play calling

Wouldn't mind a safety at 10 if one presents himself. TJ Ward or Byrd would be fantastic pick ups but long shots

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
the streets need that
I got you when i get home breh.
0ceZIZq.gif