No Poison No Paradise - The Official Detroit Lions 2014 Offseason Thread

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Heard he was changing agents, didn't know it was Hov tho. The Lions are going to be facing cap priblems because of the bulk of those three, so Suh playing out his final year wiyhout an extension wouldnt be the eorst thing. I want him to stay though

Even with a Suh extendion that might put them under the cap, they have to cut Delmas, Burleson, and maybe guys like Palmer, and Owens. That would give them room to work in free agency

If they keep all three they gone have to draft like 2013 every year lol
Yup if they could go into the draft and get 5 starters then they could pay all 3. Or if they wouldn't have paid stafford last offseason :damn:

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yup if they could go into the draft and get 5 starters then they could pay all 3. Or if they wouldn't have paid stafford last offseason :damn:

That Stafford extension upset me as a Lions fan the second I heard about it. To give that money after a season lkke that was foolish. Mayhew looking at Flacco deal like "we're getting a discount" lol . They forgot to make the playoffs first, forget the Super Bowl. Would have loved to see him walking into this year with one year left on his deal and not four.

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn't wanna take a chance like the ravens did I guess:yeshrug:

Still jumped the gun by a year though. Whats done is done, I guess. Just need to get pieces/coaches around him that mask his flaws, which include leaning on the running game more and a great defense.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Still jumped the gun by a year though. Whats done is done, I guess. Just need to get pieces/coaches around him that mask his flaws, which include leaning on the running game more and a great defense.

I've always said this. If Stafford is passing for 3000 yards, that means we have a balanced offense. 5000 yards means too much dependence on his arm. We can't do that.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps

But his contract hinders putting the pieces around him. If you got a qb that needs 4 first rd picks surrounding him at the skill postions, then he shouldn't be making 17 mill a year.

The lions are hell bent on having stafford lead them with his arm. They brung in Caldwell who is a pass first coach and the saints qb coach who is coming from the pass happy saints.

Lions need to be drafting defense and a power center so they can run that pill.

If they resign suh this team will never be in salary cap hell

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
But his contract hinders putting the pieces around him. If you got a qb that needs 4 first rd picks surrounding him at the skill postions, then he shouldn't be making 17 mill a year.

The lions are hell bent on having stafford lead them with his arm. They brung in Caldwell who is a pass first coach and the saints qb coach who is coming from the pass happy saints.

Lions need to be drafting defense and a power center so they can run that pill.

If they resign suh this team will never be in salary cap hell

That's the big problem here. At Georgia, he had AJ Green, pros, Calvin Johnson. He needs others.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Report: Ndamukong Suh was 'uncontrollable' in power struggle with ex-Lions coach Jim Schwartz
NEW YORK -- For the second time in less than a year, Ndamukong Suh has been accused of insubordinate behavior at the Detroit Lions' practice facility.

Former NFL fullback Heath Evans, citing three unnamed Lions players,told 105.1 FM in Detroit that Suh would directly challenge former coach Jim Schwartz's authority as recently as last season.

Evans, now a Fox analyst after 10 years in the NFL, says Suh was "uncontrollable" in his power struggle with Schwartz.

"The consistent message that came out of there is that Suh was uncontrollable and that he would constantly do things to show his power over Jim Schwartz, whether it was showing up to team meetings late over whatever it may be," Evans said from the Super Bowl's radio row in New York.

"Three different people (told me) all the same story, about antics Suh would do just to show his dominance over a head coach."

Suh has a track record for questionable and sometimes dirty play on the football field. The NFL levied three fines totaling $139,375 for on-field antics last year. That includes a record $100,000 fine for a Week 1 hit against Minnesota.

But the stories of his off-field insubordination are more concerning for Detroit.

"The bottom line is he would just do things, whether it was show up late for meetings or different antics to kind of let the team know -- the team would just sit back and be like -- it was more or less Suh just trying to show his dominance, his power," Evans said.

"That he was basically untouchable and he could basically do what he wanted to do".

Evans played for four teams in his 10-year NFL career before retiring after the 2010 season. He was teammates with current Lions players Joique Bell and Reggie Bush during that final year in New Orleans.

Evans' comments follow a Fox Sports report last season that accused Suh of slamming and stomping teammates in practices.

"Even in practice, Ndamukong gives guys the business," Jay Glazer said on air in September. "He'll slam a guy's head against the ground. He'll stomp on a guy. He'll take little shots at guys. And guys are concerned, 'If he can't control himself even in practice with us, how can he control himself against someone else's jersey?'"

Suh and Schwartz strongly denied that report.

Evans said new Lions Jim Caldwell will need to have the "demeanor and intestinal fortitude to stand up to" antics such as Suh's to be successful in Detroit.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I find it hard to believe all that Suh stuff. If he was really that bad, I think even the Lions would have fined/suspended him for conduct detrimental to the team.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
I find it hard to believe all that Suh stuff. If he was really that bad, I think even the Lions would have fined/suspended him for conduct detrimental to the team.
I dont know but it was clear something was going on with the way they looked heading down the stretch.