No One Showed Up to Rally for Rieka Boyd

thirdeye

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Sometimes I feel like people are just beat down from marching and protesting and carrying signs and seeing little to no progress as a result. every day, there's a new black life lost...it's almost too much to fathom.

Since Mike Brown and Eric Garner...how many more black lives have we lost? 332? By police...sometimes I feel like some of us have already just felt the agony of defeat...especially when it continues to happen.

:francis:

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If we were so truly together like you all would like to purport then things like this wouldn't keep happening. I bet you couldn't name 5 black women off the top of your head who suffered from police brutality, but you could do that 10 times over for black males.
You may be right. Probably because there are 10 times as Black male who are victims of police brutality.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
You really just messed the entire point. The reason Mike Brown became a major story and people came out across the nation for it is because the people of Ferguson was out on the street almost everyday. Therefore it gained more attention and people became invested. People forget the killing of Trayvon Martin was not a huge story at first. It took months for it to gain steam and it really blew up once Sharpton got involved. And yes I am talking gender out because you still haven't showed me real evidence that gender is the reason large numbers of people didn't come out for Rika Boyd.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
There are many more like her that will never get the recognition that they deserve. You can't even use the excuse that her death wasn't recorded because neither was Brown's and the response to him was massive. People just don't want to discuss police brutality against black women.
People like who don't want to talk?

I don't want to debate bUT where are the black women leading the charge??

For the boys that were Killed it , was men out there along with women.

I went to something discussing sisters killed and first thing I thought is, why tf is a man leading this :comeon:

I don't get the feeling that people don't want to discuss. .... I get the feeling that people discuss the shyt the media tells them to and the media mainly reports on the victims they can vilify and make look bad.

Even the ignorant black girl who embarrassed herself at the travon martin trial as gotten more coverage and has been spoken about more than all the black female deaths combined! ! (Not including renisha Mcbride)

shyt crazy, but blame the media , don't find a way to attack black men @Raedawn07

Because % wise the women killed have gotten more attention than the men.... based on numbers . Math doesn't lie

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Not going to be possible to save 50% of AAs, and that's just bare minimum. Hell 90%-95% of us might be toast.

Eventually these marches will fizzle and stop happening. Then blacks will just worry about their number not getting called and not caring. The percentage that doesn't give up, are going to have to make some very hard choices.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see some BW on my timeline who are appalled and disgusted by this(rightfully so) and they are RT and responding to others who feel the same way. I fear this is just going to further the divide within the community, and thats the last thing we need right now. We got to get our shyt together otherwise we are goners.

Digga38

The seperation between what's fake and what's real
Daps
Reppin
Dub-C
why have the rally in NYC for an incident that happened in chicago?

Digga38

The seperation between what's fake and what's real
Daps
Reppin
Dub-C
rekia-boyd-1.jpg

New York City's Union Square, a modest crowd of about 100 people (depending on who you ask) showed up to rally for Rekia Boyd and Black women and girls who've been killed by police. The rally, organized by #BlackLivesMatterNYC , reflects much of what we already know about the value placed on Black women's lives.

The narrative on deadly police violence continues to exclude women, and precious few are willing to fight for justice both within the community and outside of it. A judge, this week, acquitted Rekia's killer, Dante Servin, of all charges. But Rekia's name will not spark a mass movement.

In the same city where thousands flooded the frigid streets months ago in the name of Eric Garner, few could be seen. We sent a photographer to capture the crowd. The images are a somber, moving reminder that the work is ongoing.
Thanks to Marino Mauricette.

Source:http://theculture.forharriet.com/201...#ixzz3YEbKQD2g
why was the rally in NYC?

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Semi misleading article the main reason being because Erica Garner was from NY, Rekia was from Chicago

Chicago had a big movement for her

Other cities across the country had rallys where hundred of people attended

Also have to keep in mind that she was killed 3 years ago, this latest big movment aganist cops only started last year

another small and less thing IMO is the fact that her family i dont think has been too vocal (they took a almost $5 million settlement , IDK if that plays a part or not)

Sad that feminist are trying to turn this into a gender thing

/thread