No One Showed Up to Rally for Rieka Boyd

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
There are many more like her that will never get the recognition that they deserve. You can't even use the excuse that her death wasn't recorded because neither was Brown's and the response to him was massive. People just don't want to discuss police brutality against black women.
Those people are white media.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Those people are white media.
You've been in the Meagan Hockaday thread. How many posts does that have compared to posts about black male victims of police brutality on this site? When people discuss police brutality against blacks they usually never mention the black female victims. I've even seen black women do this.

Blackout

Daps
You've been in the Meagan Hockaday thread. How many posts does that have compared to posts about black male victims of police brutality on this site? When people discuss police brutality against blacks they usually never mention the black female victims. I've even seen black women do this.
I agree that they should be mentioned more but we need the police to be stopped as well and measures are being discussed for that as well which will benefit black women.

What I'm trying to say is what in this shows that not much people care about black female victims?

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I agree that they should be mentioned more but we need the police to be stopped as well and measures are being discussed for that as well which will benefit black women.

What I'm trying to say is what in this shows that not much people care about black female victims?
Low recognition means that people care less, and honestly what solutions could you all possibly come up with besides the ultimate one which none of us are willing collectively to do?

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Just like the police weren't charged in the deaths of Tanisha Anderson and Meagan Hockaday both of which happened this year, but I can guarantee you don't know their names, but let's pretend like black female victims of police violence get anywhere near the attention as black male victims of police violence. You can call me a troll all you want. I write nothing but truth.
There are literally numerous other black men and black women who have been killed by police under shady circumstances that you haven't heard of too. As sad as it is, you aren't saying anything listing two random black women who have been killed by police that didn't garner national attention. You can say that more attention is given to black men victimized by police and I can say that black are more frequently victimized by police. That argument is nothing but divisive, detrimental to the black community. It's a deflection to the real enemy, white supremacy. The sad part is, I think that you're well aware of that.

Blackout

Daps
Low recognition means that people care less, and honestly what solutions could you all possibly come up with besides the ultimate one which none of us are willing collectively to do?
Well I did agree that we need to agree more,

Solution would be to get armed legally so if a mistaken cop shoots we can react accordingly

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
There are literally numerous other black men and black women who have been killed by police under shady circumstances that you haven't heard of too. As sad as it is, you aren't saying anything listing two random black women who have been killed by police that didn't garner national attention. You can say that more attention is given to black men victimized by police and I can say that black are more frequently victimized by police. That argument is nothing but divisive, detrimental to the black community. It's a deflection to the real enemy, white supremacy. The sad part is, I think that you're well aware of that.
There is a divide, and you all pretending that it isn't there is what will be the ultimate downfall. To get the unity needed to combat white supremacy some things need to be fixed. Pretending that everything is all peaches and cream will only make the division wider. It's why many women ultimately left the Black Panther Party. Black women shouldn't have to feel ostracized in their own movement. No one is going from one society where they are marginalized to another where they are also marginalized.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Well I did agree that we need to agree more,

Solution would be to get armed legally so if a mistaken cop shoots we can react accordingly
That's not the ultimate solution at all. White supremacy Will be around as long as whites are around. You aren't defeating it with whites present. The only solution is to create a society independent of theirs, and we aren't willing as a collective to do that. So, we'll sit here on message boards, go out to our community to try to enact change, but ultimately things will remain as they are as they have been for the last few hundred years.

Blackout

Daps
That's not the ultimate solution at all. White supremacy Will be around as long as whites are around. You aren't defeating it with whites present. The only solution is to create a society independent of theirs, and we aren't willing as a collective to do that. So, we'll sit here on message boards, go out to our community to try to enact change, but ultimately things will remain as they are as they have been for the last few hundred years.
It will help while those who are woken up work on black businesses in various areas.

Ive noticed more and more people waking up lately to racial matters of today.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
It will help while those who are woken up work on black businesses in various areas.

Ive noticed more and more people waking up lately to racial matters of today.
What will you do with the asleep blacks? They far outweigh those who are awake and those who will be awoken. A small viewing of the history between blacks and whites should be all a black person needs to wake up, yet we clearly see that isn't the case.This girl on social media summed it up nicely when she said that she "didn't want to be a martyr for 'our' cause". Most people don't want to struggle, or put in the work that it would take to create our own independent society. They just want to live their lives. With such an enormous segment of our population feeling this way the only viable plan to combat white supremacy (creating our own independent society outside of it) is doomed.

Blackout

Daps
What will you do with the asleep blacks? They far outweigh those who are awake and those who will be awoken. A small viewing of the history between blacks and whites should be all a black person needs to wake up, yet we clearly see that isn't the case.This girl on social media summed it up nicely when she said that she "didn't want to be a martyr for 'our' cause". Most people don't want to struggle, or put in the work that it would take to create our own independent society. They just want to live their lives. With such an enormous segment of our population feeling this way the only viable plan to combat white supremacy (creating our own independent society outside of it) is doomed.
We need to shun the c00ns.

Cull the fat as an african brother once told me then it will be possible.

Blackout

Daps
You're going to shun 50+% of black people?
fukk yea. Once we start shunning many will act right or get left behind. Its the only way at this point.

This is the time where we gotta survive, we are being killed out here.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
It's true this should be getting more attention, but what will a protest do? People protested for Trayvon Martin, Eric Garner, and Mike Brown. Zimmerman and the cops still got off and are free men. Yes we need to highlight all of these wrongful deaths, but more importantly we need to come up with a game plan to stop these murders from happening continuously.

The point in not what it will do, the point is the people who cared enough to show up. Right it didn't change anything in the cases you mentioned, but they cared to show up and show solidarity.

I read this yesterday but I didn't want to be the one to make the thread... I shared a flyer last week but I'm in Texas and most of who I know is in Texas or the south. I was truly saddened by the article and the message it sends. Honestly gives "black feminist" a talking point. What can you really say to excuse this?

Granted there are countless black deaths, missing, injustices happening that most don't hear about male and female. I don't see how anyone can explain this away. This is not to be turned into a gender war either. Just should be a wake up call and a mirror.