No More Breakfast Club? iHeartMedia files for Bankruptcy: Over $20billion in debt

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Advertising aint what it used to be.

I stream my local radio station in Mobile, and they play Tom Joyner in the morning.

Radio stations might be obselete in 2 years
That's not how it works. You know Aol dial up internet still has 2 million paying customers a year (paying $20 a month at that). Things do not go from 100 to 0 as you guys think. It'll be another 30+ years before radio becomes "obsolete".

Last edited:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
TBC will be around after iHeart goes bankrupt. Revolt will just pick it up. TBC is more likely to go under because of fukkery (ex: Michael Blackson, Desus & Mero) than bankruptcy.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Y'all are overstating just how popular they are. their celebrity is actually confined to a very small audience.

They're not Howard Stern, who actually pulls in millions a year because of his show.

It's really a show that gets ratings because of fukkery, and has already peaked.

You may only watch for fukkery but there are people who just like their interview style or their opinions.
They don’t have to be Howard stern popular to be successful. Charlamagne is a New York Times best seller that’s popular. He has several shows and can get another job easily. Envy as well. Yee can get work more behind the scenes, you can’t understate that just cause you don’t like them or just hate seeing black people succed. Or whatever y’all problem is.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Who all has he put on?
Taxstone (who fukked it up for himself), desus and mero, Nore, lil Duval. Dude pretty much had Carte Blanche at MTV. Angela Rye and Tiffany Haddish are two others who I won't say he necessarily put on but has probably definitely assisted behind the scenes and vouched for.

Last edited:

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
Monique probably cost $15k-$25k
Kevin Heart -$45k-$50k
Desus & Whoever the fukk - Free

Jay-z - $150k+ and that's out of love cause he from NYC
Beyonce - $250k on a good day.

:usure: Tell me next time you see Jay... or Bey... or Rih Rih on there.... don't worry, I'll wait.

They're going up there for free nikka to promo their shyt

You think they paid Monique 15k to 25k :russ::russ:

Jay and Beyonce haven't been up there in years they don't need them up there

Desus and Mero sitting at a million views less than a day later

Michael Blackson less than 48 hours ago 1.2 milli

Their radio show alone spans multiple countries outside of America

Show some proof that they're paying nikkas to go up there

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
Kevin Heart -$45k-$50k

:usure: Tell me next time you see Jay... or Bey... or Rih Rih on there.... don't worry, I'll wait.
This makes absolutely no sense. When was the last time Beyoncé or Rihanna did a traditional radio interview ever? Before the breakfast club even existed probably. The last time Jay did a traditional radio interview was in fact on power 105 and Hot 97. You have no idea what you are talking about, sto being a hater and get off the cocaine.

Superstar
Daps
Yeah but it is so bad u can literally negotiate what u want to pay

They charge $120 a year for it and I only pay $20 and honestly it's not even worth that

I don't know how much breakfast club charges advertisers, but podcast listeners are worth about .002-$.005/hour to advertisers. it depends on the users demographics; listeners who buy a lot w/ high income a lot are worth more to advertisers.

if the listener tunes in each weekday for a year that's only $0.52-$1.30 in earnings compared to sirius users paying $20-120

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Yeah but it is so bad u can literally negotiate what u want to pay

They charge $120 a year for it and I only pay $20 and honestly it's not even worth that
:myman:
Man I don't have it anymore but you're so right! I got Serius when is started and them nikkas were NOT straying off that 120 or more for a year of service.. I hated that shyt but I still paid.. Fast forward to 2015 and up, man they be getting they
hqdefault.jpg

on lol. Man I've got 6 months for 15 bucks before. Anyway Iheart is doing too much so I'm not surprised

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
they ask that question....... then wonder how songs get popular and where such and such artist come from
Radio will never die. It is needed... WTF would we do if the Internet died around the country? Radio and tv are not as big as the net right now but it's a great backup plan. There are still people out here that don't have internet.

Tommy Sheppard

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kevin Heart -$45k-$50k

where did you come up with this nonsense from?

Flawdaboi

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tampa
Taxstone (who fukked it up for himself), desus and mero, Nore, lil Duval. Dude pretty much had Carte Blanche at MTV. Angela Rye and Tiffany Haddish are two others who I won't say he necessarily put on but has probably definitely assisted behind the scenes and vouched for.

Oh okay cool, I honestly didn't know all that....
But didn't lil Duval kinda out himself on with the comicview shyt?

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
That's not how it works. You know Aol dial up internet still has 2 million paying customers a year (paying $20 a month at that). Things do not go from 100 to 0 as you guys think. It'll be another 30+ years before radio becomes "obsolete".

And AOL advertising arm is MASSIVE. That company actually isn't even close to 'dead' like people might think.