No More Breakfast Club? iHeartMedia files for Bankruptcy: Over $20billion in debt

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
How the fukk is Sirius not bankrupt:deadmanny:

because people actually pay for it.

Yeah but it is so bad u can literally negotiate what u want to pay

They charge $120 a year for it and I only pay $20 and honestly it's not even worth that

Yeah, I've had Sirius for two years now and I only pay $13 per month...and got it in four cars and on my phone for that price. It's well worth it to me.

Yeah, me and my wife travel alot and often drive, especially in the Southeast...I still scan for radio stations in new towns, especially those old R&B or smooth jazz stations.

Plus, I listen to other cities' radio stations through iHeart when I'm at work, or on the beach....

They have 256 million paid subscribers. It's what every business uses. Also a lot of the older generation are laid back listeners and dont care whats playing as long as it fits their tastes.

Sirius got mad paper, theyve paid Howard stern so much damn money over the years. Plus it's subscription based

Its partially the subscriptions and just Sirius being like cable radio. BUT a few things happened for them to gain a profit. The beginning was really the merger between Sirius and XM because there were strong components missing from both. Sirius did have the paper and the administrative down but their equipment wasn't as strong as XM's at the time. They saved money doing that. XM, quite the opposite, since they were out more beforehand.The merger happened and Howard was and still is a big deal. What really saved it all was the car dealerships. See, with those right there...it seals the deal with damn near solidified subscriptions instead of just people ordering radios they have playing the whole team. And there is also still paying advertisers that have commercials run in between the sports games (which is another contract or two or three that kept the company going) that most people do not consider even though Howard Stern pretty much took over. But Sirius XM got hit by the internet effect, too. Once that happened, they went hard with the car dealership accounts and kept developing more online interaction.