no matter what i try i can never bulk up fml..

Iamnoone

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Eat more, watch scale. Not going up? Eat more.

I know, I know. Novel approach, right? But hey, your not eating as much as you think you are. Otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation :manny:

If you eatin veges or high fiber foods, lessen em.

If you're eating in a condensed time window, spread out your food.

Liquid calories (blends, etc) are prolly the easiest way to up calories with minimal hunger blunting.

Please point me in the direction where you read/heard this.

Red meat 40% digestibility? :rudy:

Hell, even 85% for chicken is :rudy:

All the stuff i talk about i learned through years of clinical trials, personal experience, years of experience in training others, and busting my ass to get this degree. My credentials are BS in Kinesiology with a focus in sports medicine. PT certs in ACE, NASM, ACSM and NSCA. I know my science. The scenario I threw out about poultry vs red meat is just a simple way to understand that poultry is easier to digest and metabolize than red meat. You will gain more useable protein from poultry over red meat. And with fish you get omega 3s as a bonus, but too much you have to worry about mercury! crazy stuff. Lets all be civil in this discussion and keep it cool with out any smart ass remarks, I dont claim to know more than anybody or feel lik eim better, im open to any of yalls knowledge but come correct with it and state why anyone should take your word for it. its all cool :hug:

sknk80

Rookie
Daps
5000 is probably way too much unless your some 6'5 active as fukk dude.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
Eat more, watch scale. Not going up? Eat more.

I know, I know. Novel approach, right? But hey, your not eating as much as you think you are. Otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation :manny:

Jack-Nicholson-Creep-Mode.gif

you can take my getfatfast genes any time you want brehski.

Iamnoone

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
All that science is good but whats your phsyique like (pause)

You strong? You lean? Lot of folks get too caught up in the details and miss the big picture

im 6'3 217lbs and 13% body fat. I said this already. I am strong. Im no hulk or anything. My max on incline DB press is 120s. My max on bench is 315. most ive ever done on squats is 405, i just casually squat 225 now, no need to do excessive weight. Im not a super monster, but im above average. And despite what I look like the science still holds true. If you follow it, it works. The details matter because everyone is unique and "settings" have to be tuned to that specific person and their life

Iamnoone

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
What works for one person might not work for the next... which is why a suggestion as extreme as a 5000 cal/day diet for someone who weighs 178 seems a lil silly

Thats been clarified already. Since you are finding it extreme, what are you basing that belief off of?

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
All the stuff i talk about i learned through years of clinical trials, personal experience, years of experience in training others, and busting my ass to get this degree. My credentials are BS in Kinesiology with a focus in sports medicine. PT certs in ACE, NASM, ACSM and NSCA. I know my science. The scenario I threw out about poultry vs red meat is just a simple way to understand that poultry is easier to digest and metabolize than red meat. You will gain more useable protein from poultry over red meat. And with fish you get omega 3s as a bonus, but too much you have to worry about mercury! crazy stuff. Lets all be civil in this discussion and keep it cool with out any smart ass remarks, I dont claim to know more than anybody or feel lik eim better, im open to any of yalls knowledge but come correct with it and state why anyone should take your word for it. its all cool :hug:

...of training.

Protein quality is a non issue. Digestibility of animal protein is extremely high (>90%) and animal proteins are close enough in BV and PDCAAS to not care. It really doesn't matter when you take an entire day's diet into account.

This is usually one of those "missing the forest for the trees" topics.

Eat your protein and KIM :manny:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Thats been clarified already. Since you are finding it extreme, what are you basing that belief off of?
Dude only weighs 178 and isnt even counting calories. Plus at his size 5000 calories a day will probably amount to a weight gain of at least 2lb a week... people generally cant put on more than .5lb of muscle a week, and thats ideal (26lb of muscle in a year! noob gains). So that will be a lb and a half of fat he will have to waste time and strength cutting anyway. Naw your approach doesn't make sense. I flip it back to you. What does he stand to gain by eating so much, besides fat?

Reign X

Pro
Daps
5000 cals at 179 is too much, unless u do a crazy amount of cardio... but basically you have to eat more and limit the cardio