No matter how hard I try, I just can’t get into the Witcher 3

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I think I explored everything on the first section like a damn expedition. Got all the special armors and beat the game. Haven’t got around to the DLC though.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Play both…… you must!!!! Blood and wine is absolutely amazing:picard::picard:
I did it on PC though which I don't have anymore and the only cross save is on Switch.

I'm just waiting for the next gen patch on the Series X at this point and I'll just have to start over:skip:

Made Man

All Star
Daps
I felt the same way until I tried it for like the 3rd time. Once the world opened up and once I got away from the Baron and the Crones quest, it really took off for me . The story is what grabs you and that doesn’t really kick in until you catch up with yennifer if I remember correctly .

I think the thing that was off-putting to me at first was that I wasn’t able to edit my character . Wasn’t feeling running around as some white dude, especially after playing Skyrim,Mass Effect, Dragon Age etc.

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
I bought the game on release in 2015, put in about 15 hours and dropped if for 5 years.

Picked it up again last year during lockdown and now have to say it's one of the greatest games I've ever played. Ended up completing the main storyline, side quests and all DLC's which combined took about 120 hours.

It's hard to say where the "turning point" in the game is but it might help to watch recap videos on YouTube of the older games because the story can be very confusing at the start of the game as they don't really do a lot to explain the history of the characters and give context to the political aspects of the story.

Edit: Forgot to mention that a big thing for me was focusing on getting the different witcher gears. I absolutely hate the random pieces of armor you find in the game because they make Geralt look like a clown which just breaks the immersion for me :hhh:

The_witcher_3_wild_huntbear_armour.jpg

Bear School gear was by far my favourite :banderas:

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I bought the game on release in 2015, put in about 15 hours and dropped if for 5 years.

Picked it up again last year during lockdown and now have to say it's one of the greatest games I've ever played. Ended up completing the main storyline, side quests and all DLC's which combined took about 120 hours.

It's hard to say where the "turning point" in the game is but it might help to watch recap videos on YouTube of the older games because the story can be very confusing at the start of the game as they don't really do a lot to explain the history of the characters and give context to the political aspects of the story.

Edit: Forgot to mention that a big thing for me was focusing on getting the different witcher gears. I absolutely hate the random pieces of armor you find in the game because they make Geralt look like a clown which just breaks the immersion for me :hhh:

The_witcher_3_wild_huntbear_armour.jpg

Bear School gear was by far my favourite :banderas:

Cat school :ufdup:

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The west can make a good story, but when it comes to that melee combat. It's basura.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
:comeon: Bruh it's all high fantasy. It is not real lol. You sleeping on shyt out of an allegiance to your... blackness? I can understand not being into the controls/combat of Witcher 3 since a lot of people complained about that. They patched it a few times though if I'm not mistaken. I personally loved it. The story is great. Have it on every platform, even Switch. Gonna do a playthrough once the next-gen upgrade drops next year :manny:.
My blackness doesn’t compel me to control charters from the Middle Ages, I’m not declaring the game as bad. It just doesn’t appeal to me and this is after trying it. If I played games based solely on black factor I wouldn’t be playing many games at all :francis:

I play more games than most people and always have. I got kids so often they dictate what I play. I have my perspective, theirs/etc so I look and play for reasons bigger than just myself.

A hat in time for instance is better than super Mario galaxy…and its on Xbox. Possibly other platforms too but go cop that if you like games :win:

Genos

Superstar
Daps
I treated it like a TV show where I would play for 1-2 "episodes" then come back later. It took me like a year to beat. Its really good but you can't zone out and play. The combat is kind of trash too.

Daps
Anybody have experience with the Complete Edition? It’s currently 9.99 on the PlayStation store and it sounds like a good deal. I feel like it wouldn’t be the worst $10 I’ve ever spent but reading through this thread makes me think the actual gameplay for this game isn’t necessarily great and I could see myself not ever finishing it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Anybody have experience with the Complete Edition? It’s currently 9.99 on the PlayStation store and it sounds like a good deal. I feel like it wouldn’t be the worst $10 I’ve ever spent but reading through this thread makes me think the actual gameplay for this game isn’t necessarily great and I could see myself not ever finishing it.
It's more than worth $10.