No matter how hard I try, I just can’t get into the Witcher 3

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The game is outdated if you didn't play it in 2015 its gonna be trash, the gameplay is too clunky, there aren't any good boss fights , the size and detail of the map was uncommon for a game back in 2015 that's why it was so hyped and so praised, just surface stuff

If cyberpunk came out in 2015 without all its problem would've been praised just the same

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
I loved it from jump

but if you play it later on it didnt age well, personally its perfect for me.
if you played it day 1 it would have held you better

its not gonna wow you graphically in this age
its not gonna be unique anymore
the size and traveling wont feel as special compared to games now
etc
you'd have to really enjoy it and feel the layers of the game

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
I'm going to try it again over the Christmas holiday. It took me a few tries to get into Skyrim, and my 1st comments about RDR2 on here were how boring it was for me.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you get into the Bloody Baron storyline, you might enjoy it from a story/character viewpoint.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Got it release week and tapped out during the first fight with the Griffon(?) Downloaded it again on some humbug shyt two years later and didn't play anything else for nearly the duration of the spring. There are countless of gamers who experienced something similar. For me personally, it didn't jump out and grab me from the beginning but once it got ahold of me, it didn't let go. The side quests were deep and sometimes even tied into the main quest, the storytelling was mature, and even Geralt (who I initially panned for exhibiting a try hard, off brand Batman impression) grew on me and became one of my favorite protagonists. The choices and consequences felt substantial. RDR2 did it too if I remember correctly but Geralt's beard growing gradually if you neglected a trim was such a little thing but added an extra layer of customization and immersion that I appreciated.

And the DLCs?

Hell, Blood & Wine alone had enough content that it could have been its' own game. HoS and B&W are the gold standard of DLC that 99% of devs don't come close to matching, much less topping. TW3 is one of my top five gaming experiences from last gen. Literally my only gripe was the combat. Begrudgingly, I was forced to remedy that issue by cranking the difficulty down. The characters and narratives are the pillars that held this game up for me. It took two years but I'm glad I gave it another shot.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Got it release week and tapped out during the first fight with the Griffon(?) Downloaded it again on some humbug shyt two years later and didn't play anything else for nearly the duration of the spring. There are countless of gamers who experienced something similar. For me personally, it didn't jump out and grab me from the beginning but once it got ahold of me, it didn't let go. The side quests were deep and sometimes even tied into the main quest, the storytelling was mature, and even Geralt (who I initially panned for exhibiting a try hard, off brand Batman impression) grew on me and became one of my favorite protagonists. The choices and consequences felt substantial. RDR2 did it too if I remember correctly but Geralt's beard growing gradually if you neglected a trim was such a little thing but added an extra layer of customization and immersion that I appreciated.

And the DLCs?

Hell, Blood & Wine alone had enough content that it could have been its' own game. HoS and B&W are the gold standard of DLC that 99% of devs don't come close to matching, much less topping. TW3 is one of my top five gaming experiences from last gen. Literally my only gripe was the combat. Begrudgingly, I was forced to remedy that issue by cranking the difficulty down. The characters and narratives are the pillars that held this game up for me. It took two years but I'm glad I gave it another shot.

The witcher 3 and its two DLC’s are honestly its own trilogy

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Same. I bought this in like '17, died to some drowners in the first area, and went back to playing Rocket League. Finally picked this back up and finished it a few weeks ago. The game is very well done. The mechanics are well thought out and in sync. It's a game where if you really dive deep into the strategic aspects of the game, and min/max certain stats, you can bring down enemies well above your level (indicated by a red skull above the enemy's head). Or if you don't want to put much thought, you can wait to tackle a mission when you get around the suggested level, and spam the attack button ... though, this probably won't always work.

The only flaw I'd point out was that some of the quests start to feel samey... Seems like every other mission you're turning on detective mode ala Arkham Knight, following footprints or a scent or some other visual effect you can only see whilst holding down R2, then killing some enemy at the end of the trail.

Still a 9/10 game though. The world felt alive and looked good. Story was decent enough to keep my attention over the 80+ hrs. And every item had some purpose or benefit.

Just have to get around to playing the DLC at some point.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s not for everyone it took me a year or so after release to get into the game, and when I finished it I felt like it was a solid 8/10 but I can see why others have it rated higher

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Same. I bought this in like '17, died to some drowners in the first area, and went back to playing Rocket League. Finally picked this back up and finished it a few weeks ago. The game is very well done. The mechanics are well thought out and in sync. It's a game where if you really dive deep into the strategic aspects of the game, and min/max certain stats, you can bring down enemies well above your level (indicated by a red skull above the enemy's head). Or if you don't want to put much thought, you can wait to tackle a mission when you get around the suggested level, and spam the attack button ... though, this probably won't always work.

The only flaw I'd point out was that some of the quests start to feel samey... Seems like every other mission you're turning on detective mode ala Arkham Knight, following footprints or a scent or some other visual effect you can only see whilst holding down R2, then killing some enemy at the end of the trail.

Still a 9/10 game though. The world felt alive and looked good. Story was decent enough to keep my attention over the 80+ hrs. And every item had some purpose or benefit.

Just have to get around to playing the DLC at some point.

Although a lot of the quest do basically come down to “go here and search here, follow footprints or smell trail, fight monster” they usually offset it by having really good mini stories attached to them that make them feel unique in some way. It’s fun uncovering some mystery and coming across some dark twist at the end, its well written.

And yeah…don’t sleep on the DLC, Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine are incredible. IMO better than the actual main game

Last edited: