No Man's Sky (PC, Xbox One, Switch, PS4, PS VR2)

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
we can build bases now brehs

Hello,

This week Hello Games will be releasing an update to No Man’s Sky. We’re calling it The Foundation Update, because we have added the foundations of base building, and also because this is putting in place a foundation for things to come.

Detailed patch notes will follow, and release will be soon.

Coming from five years of intense development, immediately after No Man’s Sky released the team spent six weeks updating the game with 7 patches across both platforms (the last of these was 1.09 on Sept 24th which you can read about them all here http://www.no-mans-sky.com/log/). These fixed many of the most common or critical bugs and issues post-release.

In the nine weeks since then our small team has been hard at work on development, testing and certification for the Foundation Update. It won’t be our biggest update, but it is the start of something.

The discussion around No Man’s Sky since release has been intense and dramatic. We have been quiet, but we are listening and focusing on improving the game that our team loves and feels so passionately about.
Positive or negative feedback, you have been heard and that will truly help to make this a better game for everyone.

This update will be the first small step in a longer journey. We hope you can join us.

Thank you,
Hello Games

i might have to come back.... shyt a few more updates and we might witness the greatest comeback of a game ever

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Build a base for fukking what? :dwillhuh:

Just to look at it?
So at first nikkas was angry there was no base building as promised

Then they say they are adding bases and you don't want that either :stopitslime:

I'm hoping you can set up defenses and go attack nikkas bases and shyt. I'm hoping they add in all the shyt they promised

nikkas complain about everything

MeltzerDirtySprite

MC RIde Stan
Daps
Reppin
North Side of Chicago

Then they say they are adding bases and you don't want that either :stopitslime:

I'm hoping you can set up defenses and go attack nikkas bases and shyt. I'm hoping they add in all the shyt they promised

200_s.gif

AINT NO NETCODE SWAY
HOW YOU GUNNA SEE OTHER nikkaS SWAY
GAME IS SINGLE PLAYER SWAY

MeltzerDirtySprite

MC RIde Stan
Daps
Reppin
North Side of Chicago

Just read this nikka name.
:deadmanny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Nobody gave a fukk about base building. That's not what they promised.

With no multiplayer, and no meaningful enemy encounters what the fukk am I supposed to do with a base?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

With no multiplayer, and no meaningful enemy encounters what the fukk am I supposed to do with a base?
people definitely asked for it. I'm not sure how it would work in this game, since there's not a lot of reason to return to any planets. but I guess there's always people that just want to build some crazy shyt just to do it

if they're gonna do that in this game, they at least need a better system for navigating back and forth to star systems you've already been to. it can be done now, but it's not 'easy' or intuitive

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin

people definitely asked for it. I'm not sure how it would work in this game, since there's not a lot of reason to return to any planets. but I guess there's always people that just want to build some crazy shyt just to do it

if they're gonna do that in this game, they at least need a better system for navigating back and forth to star systems you've already been to. it can be done now, but it's not 'easy' or intuitive
200_s.gif

AINT NO NETCODE SWAY
HOW YOU GUNNA SEE OTHER nikkaS SWAY
GAME IS SINGLE PLAYER SWAY
I don't fukking know son. I know they promised it. I know they also promised if you found another player, you can meet up with them

So what you want me to do. I already spent my money

I have two options. bytch and moan or hope for the best.

They added in one promise. They said the rest are coming. Can a nikka hope for the best?

MeltzerDirtySprite

MC RIde Stan
Daps
Reppin
North Side of Chicago
I don't fukking know son. I know they promised it. I know they also promised if you found another player, you can meet up with them

They added in one promise. They said the rest are coming. Can a nikka hope for the best?
This post is the embodiement of
:mjgrin:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

I'm all for optimism. I would love for them to come through in their original vision.

I'm just saying base building at this point seems pointless. There's no real reason to stay on any one planet. Nobody can see/join/invade my base, and the way the crafting works now building a base would be painstakingly boring. And after you leave it would be damn there impossible to find your base again

I hope this update is good, but it's gonna have to be a lot more than just the ability to make a base.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Build a base for fukking what? :dwillhuh:

Just to look at it?
hey dont ask me. thats what people wanted before the game dropped. "can i build bases?" was the questioned asked right after "can me and my friends meet up?"

building bases means nothing to me unless they do something. like what if you can build a mining base to mine resources better/faster. doing this would obviously provide you with a lot of resources. but it could also be used to sell stuff to everyone else who lands their and tries to buy stuff off of your mining base.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
patch is out

No Man's Sky

• Explorers can now decide to play with different rule sets, across three game modes:
  • Normal mode is the original chilled exploration experience
  • Creative mode allows players to explore the universe without limits, and build a huge base
  • Survival mode really changes the game, creating a much more challenging endurance experience

Base Building, Farming, Freighters, waypoints, new materials, new UI, and a bunch of changes. it's a pretty significant update. I wanna try the Survival mode