Nintendo Switch Ring Fit Adventure **VID**

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You in the us where you find one ?

I bought it a while back. My lady's aunt picked one up for the nieces and cousins that come over during the day, because the beginning of March was still cold. She was like "I don't know if this is good but I think the kids could get some exercise"

She's like 71 and ain't down with everything but the kids that go to her house during the day are 6 - 8. One of them has his own switch and I usually leave mine over there so they can play Minecraft, fortnite, or smash together.

I told her I'll take ring fit (didn't tell her I had it....) And I'm probably going to put it on eBay tomorrow.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I might buy it for the kids. I still use fitness boxing. And since my regimen consists of running, sit ups and squats, with fitness boxing...I'm concerned it might not take off for the kids ages 6 to 9.
What is this fitness boxing you speak of :leostare:

golds gym boxing on the Wii was my shyt along with that barber game on Wii-ware :to:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

golds gym boxing on the Wii was my shyt along with that barber game on Wii-ware :to:

Start at like 2 minutes and play on 2x

Basically you hold a joy-con in each hand and throw punches. The game teaches you how to do the movements.

I had pictures of it and my heart rate monitor which were in sync but the hosting site went down. Granted I put in 100% effort cause boxing is cool and fun too, when the game said I burned 623 calories in 45 minutes my heart rate monitor was saying the exact same thing. Which is great because you really don't expect a real workout, but this is real.

13 different punches
  • Jab
  • Step in jab
  • Body jab
  • Left/right uppercut
  • Left/right body uppercut
  • Left/right hook
  • Left/right body hook
  • Straight
  • Body straight
8 different defensive motions
  • Duck
  • Left/right duck
  • Left/right weave
  • Sway back
  • Left/right block
They also teach you how to step left/right, forward/back.

The combo system starts light then progresses. Which is good, although if you're like me it kinda started out slow but once you hit the moves, it puts more on you and opens up more combos and stuff.

It's not just an open system where you can jump in and start doing anything and everything all at once. Which is good, gives you something to look forward to. It tracks and monitors workouts, calories and milestones which is good.

The only "achievements" are clothes for the trainers and songs, but there's something cool about hitting 5000 punches, 10000 punches and more. I'm not going to hit 100,000 punches before my game fly is up but i feel it'll be cool to do.

I use my own heart rate monitor as opposed to the games calorie calculator.

Edit: I've noticed after a month of the game that it's not as finicky as I might have thought or possibly led others to believe. As I continue to do the workouts and exercises I've now consistently hit 97-99% on some of the workouts and exercises that I thought were finicky or that struggled with. For instance I got my ass kicked on side steps, for the life of me I always got like an 83%, Id hit the punches but it wouldn't register the side steps. I kept at it, monitored my form. And now I'm very good at side steps (3 stars, high 90 percentage). The game didn't change but I became better and more efficient at my movements.

:yeshrug: I can't tell you about the music or songs because the very first thing I did was go into settings and turn the music volume to 0. I don't like working out to music. And the instructions are good, if you listen to them. There will be times when you're tired (from working out) and you might throw a straight but you just throw your arm rather than put your body behind it, one of the trainer instructions is to "make sure you aren't just using your arms" when throwing a hook it'll say "make sure to twist your core" rather than just throw the arm and to "keep your elbows tight" on uppercuts and "keep your elbow at 90 degrees" on hooks. All very good tidbits to make sure your form isnt sloppy.

Theoretically you could just shadowbox, or youtube a Billy blanks tae bo tape but the game actually feeding you combos and you feeling the controller shake when you complete a punch, getting a score and hitting milestones like 15,000 punches thrown is inspiring and motivating in a way the other ways can't provide.

There are also workouts and goals you can set
  • Biceps
  • Chest
  • Core
  • Legs
  • Calves
  • Full body
For the goals. There's
  • cardio (weight loss)
  • Strength and conditioning
  • Maintenence
All in all if it goes lower than $40 and you actually like boxing and like working out. There's not really a reason to not have the game.

To me it's another tool in the toolbox. Between cycling, jumping rope, it's another way to add cardio in the mix and it's fun. Time flies. 45-50 mins goes by like :whew: I think because I'm focused on getting 3 stars and perfecting some combos, just when you get into it it's over then you gotta run it back. Which isn't bad, cause if you were outside playing ball you might play for and hour or 2 if you're having fun.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

The same company that made gold's gym boxing for Wii made fitness boxing for switch.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Screenshot-2020-04-05-20-49-35.png

Gone. I didn't even have the listing up for an hour.

I had an auction. And a buy it now. Person bought it now. I watched a bunch of sales of it on eBay. The average price auctions ended at was 205 + shipping. So I adjusted my auction because I was going to start at $220. The buy it now has to be atleast 30%. I wasn't going to offer buy it now for $260. I should've. People are asking much much more.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Screenshot-2020-04-05-20-49-35.png

Gone. I didn't even have the listing up for an hour.

I had an auction. And a buy it now. Person bought it now. I watched a bunch of sales of it on eBay. The average price auctions ended at was 205 + shipping. So I adjusted my auction because I was going to start at $220. The buy it now has to be atleast 30%. I wasn't going to offer buy it now for $260. I should've. People are asking much much more.
COTDAMN, it's real outchere

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is why Nintendo will never go away they took something pretty simple and made it fun and enjoyable just like Wii Fit did years back.

Nintendo is really outside the box.

That labo shyt is serious. I didn't know for a long time that there's companies that produce cardboard kits for like chouses, doll houses, even a play area for cats. They sell big pieces of cardboard, you punch out the pieces and foMonday, April 06, 2020 them together and make a fort or what have you. A boat, car...

They dont necessarily re invent the wheel they just integrate things in very interesting ways.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
The same company that made gold's gym boxing for Wii made fitness boxing for switch.
Is switch easily moddable? Regardless, i have to get one now. I miss that shyt, my form was :ahh: a few years back. Im likely not as crisp, i still throw kicks to keep myself nimble.

I need tiger woods wii fitness board compatible version and im good. Thank you for this info :to:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is switch easily moddable? Regardless, i have to get one now. I miss that shyt, my form was :ahh: a few years back. Im likely not as crisp, i still throw kicks to keep myself nimble.

I need tiger woods wii fitness board compatible version and im good. Thank you for this info :to:

You can mod it and by a Chinese switch fitness ring

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

This shyt is hilarious.

All the "videogame reviewers" that played for 1 day, or 1 hour or 1 week to "test" it out, never even upped the intensity/difficulty. Then have the nerve to say "it's ok, kind of a gimmick, you wont really get fit...."

:stopitslime:.

I played the first boss on difficulty 21 out of 30. And had to do 75 squats.

Im used to doing squats. I do them every day just to live, and if I do a round of fitness boxing, I make sure to get my ducks in. Now ring fit is a Lil different. They make you do 25 squats and hold then do the remaining 10-15 rapid fire.

Do four rounds of that to beat a drageux (the boss) and that's not a bad leg workout.

I can't imagine level 30.

And shyt y'all see the final boss is a 40 some odd minute workout. Hell that's the same as most workout DVDs.....And it's not the same workouts. Squats, wide squats, overhead squats....

Them reviewers are jokes. I think it's buzzfeed dude was like "I did ring fit for 30 days" then took 2 weeks off, didn't have enough time one week, didn't do it on weekends. All in all he played it like 4 times and was like "it won't get you fit."

And having played the game, and watched the kids play it, ( think my niece is on world 3 or 4) she's a level 21 but her intensity is like a 3-4, kind of challenging for a 7 year old but not enough to make her want to quit. She likes getting new moves like bow pulls (since she actually does archery), she's really good atthe yoga stuff too.

Oh and people are speedrunning this game playing for 20 hours and shyt

Just Google ring fit speedrun and read the articles.