Nintendo Switch Official Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
you can't build a PC with the equivalent specs of a PS4 for $250-300 and have it run at the same optimization

A PC? No. A Steam Machine? Yes.

How to build a Steam Machine for less than the price of a PS4 | TechRadar

There was Steam Machines from 2 years ago around the same price point and more powerful than the XBOX1 and the PS4.

CyberpowerPC Steam Machine Beats PS4, Xbox One In Price, Performance - CINEMABLEND

Cats need to realize consoles aren't that difficult to outperform.

Fred.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The Wii U costed as much as a PS4/X1 at the time yet had nothing standout besides some classic titles that came out within a span of almost a year or so apart with nothing in between.
It wasn't impossible for a system with a slow start to recover it just didn't happen because Nintendo was behind the system.

Nintendo's best case scenario is the Switch existing as more of a successor to the 3DS than than being seen as their next home console. The problem is if the price is too high in comparison to the 3DS then the buyers of that will shy away.

This thing can't be priced as a home console it has to have that cheaper portable price. Really you don't want a price higher than $200. The 3DS really struggled at the $250 price tag this has been rumored to be coming in at. Nintendo had to drastically drop the 3DS' price and have that ambassador program to appease people.

If I'm Nintendo I market this as a portable with the option for TV play because I want that portable audience to buy it and I price it as aggressively as possible to appeal to them. They can't allow the hybrid nature to drive up the price because most home console gamers aren't interested in their platforms.

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps

There was Steam Machines from 2 years ago around the same price point and more powerful than the XBOX1 and the PS4.

CyberpowerPC Steam Machine Beats PS4, Xbox One In Price, Performance - CINEMABLEND

Fred.

You're still not accounting for optimization

A console with the exact specs of a PC/steam box will still perform much better

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Fred.

Da King knows what he's talking about, he shut me down already with his special set of skills.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You're still not accounting for optimization

A console with the exact specs of a PC/steam box will still perform much better

:dwillhuh:

You got it backwards. The PS4 came out 3 years ago, the dev kits were out in 2012. The dev kit was based on AMD’s A10 APU series of processors which came out around 2011.

PS4: new kits shipping now, AMD A10 used as base | VG247

The processors used in consoles are dumbed down versions of their PC equivalents. The PS4 technology was 2+ years old when it was new to console gamers. :mjlol:

If you knew what you were doing, right now today, you could build a PC that blows a PS4 or XBOX1 out of the water. For roughly the same price. Again, the PC parts you'd use as the base would be cutting edge 5 years ago.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Okay here's my thing. Nintendo got some piff exclusive content that I can ONLY get on Nintendo. That will always be intriguing to me. I own the PS4 I own the One S so it's not about an "either or" for me right now.

However, Nintendo must deliver on two things.

1. We NEED a variety of titles AT or close to launch. No more bullshyt waiting around for two years and shyt.

2. This needs to look good. Am I expecting PS4 levels no because I already know Nintendo Switch ain't gonna be that powerful. It's unfortunate but it is what it is. That's not to say they can't make beautiful looking games. The games need to be reaching at least 1080p no bullshyt right? Is that too much to ask?

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
2. This needs to look good. Am I expecting PS4 levels no because I already know Nintendo Switch ain't gonna be that powerful. It's unfortunate but it is what it is. That's not to say they can't make beautiful looking games. The games need to be reaching at least 1080p no bullshyt right? Is that too much to ask?

No.
The rumor is 1080p docked and 720p in portable mode. I think we'll see plenty of pretty games.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
that insider just said Zelda is still a launch game, 100% dropping in March

and Mother 3 will be announced for VC next week too :banderas:
that rumor about Zelda being delayed was never confirmed right?? Makes sense that it's droppin in March, that shyt been getting showed a lot.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I feel that the leaks are gonna get heavy since the event is in 10 days.:lupe:

Thinking about avoiding all Switch threads but I can't leave it alone.
d6e828d8210ae0f87772a39bb2706d50.jpg

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
One take away from the Switch event is that after the console is released we won't have to hear from that disgusting tranny on twitter anymore. It will wither away into oblivion with all the other forgotten sodomites.