Nintendo Switch Official Thread

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
A legendary run for the Switch almost coming to an end. :mjcry:

what were some of y'all favourite games/moments for the switch?

Switch/BotW launch. The feeling you get from unboxing a brand new Nintendo system, and then seeing one of my favorite gaming franchises ever being unrecognizable yet so familiar.
March 3, 2017 was magic.:wow:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Switch/BotW launch. The feeling you get from unboxing a brand new Nintendo system, and then seeing one of my favorite gaming franchises ever being unrecognizable yet so familiar.
March 3, 2017 was magic.:wow:

there was definitely a lot of magic behind that launch. hard to recreate it. the community may be ass but man Smash bros run and the DLC announcements were always a joy.

especially when Banjo got revealed. :banderas:

Xenoblade C2 was also a great time. seeing that giant gorilla in the beginning and then after finishing the game coming back dripped out and almost maxed out to whoop his ass was blessed.

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
there was definitely a lot of magic behind that launch. hard to recreate it. the community may be ass but man Smash bros run and the DLC announcements were always a joy.

especially when Banjo got revealed. :banderas:

Xenoblade C2 was also a great time. seeing that giant gorilla in the beginning and then after finishing the game coming back dripped out and almost maxed out to whoop his ass was blessed.

Metroid Dread announcement and launch had a little pop of nostalgia for me and my friends as well.
Took me back to my pops picking me up from school and picking up a copy of Zero Mission day 1.:banderas::mjcry:

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps

Got the Switch three years ago, so I missed out most of the moments. However, I'll say is that Mario Odyssey and BOTW had me like :banderas: experiencing them for the first time.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mario Odyssey

great fukking game…what’s crazy is I lost interest in it early on then revisited it months later…had a hard time remembering where exactly I left off in the game and what my completion goal was for the level/area I was on but after a while I couldn’t put the game down…came close to completing almost everything except for that crazy ass bonus stage at the end…I think it was the moon shyt or something…great game tho…surprised there’s been practically no talks of a sequel

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Played a little F-Zero 99 last night. Pretty fun. I can see myself just hoping in to play ever now and then.

Saw some videos saying that Nintendo usually abandons these types of games after a while like what happened to Tetris 99.

Is that true?

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
great fukking game…what’s crazy is I lost interest in it early on then revisited it months later…had a hard time remembering where exactly I left off in the game and what my completion goal was for the level/area I was on but after a while I couldn’t put the game down…came close to completing almost everything except for that crazy ass bonus stage at the end…I think it was the moon shyt or something…great game tho…surprised there’s been practically no talks of a sequel
i remember wanting to cop this game BAD once i got my switch but got so distracted by smash bros and BOTW

gameplay on odyssey looks fun as fukk tho. Reminds me of Mario 64

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Played a little F-Zero 99 last night. Pretty fun. I can see myself just hoping in to play ever now and then.

Saw some videos saying that Nintendo usually abandons these types of games after a while like what happened to Tetris 99.

Is that true?
I don't think anything happened to Tetris 99. I still hop on that from time to time.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
As much as I love the Switch and it totally makes sense for Nintendo to just build off its success and just release a more powerful version of it next, there's part of me that wants to see some prime Nintendo fukkery and reveal some wild gimmick that has people going :what: :mindblown:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Too many to name. Easily my favourite console ever

-1st party output was almost perfect with only a few misses
-3rd party support was better but still a bit weak.
-So many great Indies being Switch exclusive or timed exclusive made up for that
-Monolith Soft emerging as a powerhouse with their work on Xenoblade and Zelda
-Metroid came back and sold very well

Nintendo seems more connected to their fans than ever, and seem to be fulfilling a lot of wishes with their IPs

Last edited:

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
:usure:

1/3rd of PS5's power?
I get the skepticism, it is Nintendo, but if them leaks from the hack are true Nintendo brehs will be eating good unless something has changed since 2021 when that shyt leaked lol. Remember, at the Switch launch in 2017, nothing was giving you those graphics in a handheld for $300.:mjpls:

Roughly 1/3 of PS5 on the GPU side, yeah, on the CPU side they are using a power efficient Arm CPU since that shyt will be eating off a battery so the CPU gap is much larger. PS5 is 10.28 TFLOPS. If you apply the same clocks from the Switch hardware to the rumored Switch 2 hardware you land around 3.4 TFLOPS when the machine is in docked mode and just around 1.7 TFLOPS when handheld. Keep in mind this is the best case scenario and the final number could be a bit lower.

Switch2.png

These comparisons are not always so straightforward since the architecture of the HW is mad different and these are ballpark estimates, but what do we know so far? We know it ran BoTW at 4K 60fps with instant loading, this is something that not even a base 1.84 TFLOP PS4 could do so that rumor about Switch 2 sitting around PS4 Pro power levels sounds a lot more plausible. To add to that, it also ran the Matrix Unreal Engine 5 demo that the devs said looked like it was comparable to the PS5 version.

This tells me if no one told them what it was running on they might've guessed PS5 even though side by side the PS5 version would probably smoke it visually. This is a good sign that might point to DLSS putting in that work to upscale the resolution/performance and the fact that Nvidia's ray-tracing tech is more advanced than the accelerated cores or whatever it is that AMD uses in the PS5/XSX. It will also have dedicated Tensor Cores for ray-tracing that the PS5 and XSX don't have due to having AMD SoCs.

I'ma be playing the next Smash Bros at 4K 60fps on my OLED TV brehs.
:blessed: