Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
at the end of its life span, this switch is officially the greatest console I’ve ever owned. I’m an adult and more of a casual gamer so miss me with that comp shyt :pachaha: . I just wanna race some karts and play animal crossing
As someone that used to game as a kid (Genesis, SNES. N64.) I'm glad I went with the Switch. It allowed me to see modern versions of the game characters I grew up with and play games from my childhood.

There were a few games I wish came to Switch like the FF7 remake but I guess Switch graphics are not as good as PS4.

I'm from the 8-bit/16-bit era and the graphics on the Switch look fine to me.

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
Any more rumors about the Switch 2 being as powerful as a ps5
It's not as powerful, it won't even be as powerful as Series S but it won't need to be to get ports of most of those games.

We're looking at it being about 1/3 the power of PS5 which is amazing for a hybrid console and it will have DLSS to push it to be comparable in some ways. If this thing is capable of running the Matrix demo in a respectable state we're looking at a very solid piece of HW. But being portable with a smaller form factor while running on battery, it's just going to have to make some sacrifices with power.

But given what Nintendo did on the Switch, they will blow minds on that kind of HW.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
It's not as powerful, it won't even be as powerful as Series S but it won't need to be to get ports of most of those games.

We're looking at it being about 1/3 the power of PS5 which is amazing for a hybrid console and it will have DLSS to push it to be comparable in some ways. If this thing is capable of running the Matrix demo in a respectable state we're looking at a very solid piece of HW. But being portable with a smaller form factor while running on battery, it's just going to have to make some sacrifices with power.

But given what Nintendo did on the Switch, they will blow minds on that kind of HW.
:ohhh: for that llittle ass thing, this is actually pretty damn impressive

I'd like to see Nintendo make something that can rival the ASUS or Steamdeck

Hopefully at a sllightly better price too :wow:

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
:ohhh: for that llittle ass thing, this is actually pretty damn impressive

I'd like to see Nintendo make something that can rival the ASUS or Steamdeck

Hopefully at a sllightly better price too :wow:
I think this thing is gonna be at least $400.

I don't see Nintendo going much higher than that.

It will be a far more efficient device than both the ASUS Ally and Steam Deck due to the more modern architecture and the ArmCPU we heard about from the leaks. The Deck and Ally have to use x86 architecture in order to play PC games and that stuff is power-hungry and straining on a battery. Power-wise wise it will be hard to gauge since the Ally in particular is pretty powerful and sells for twice the amount that the Switch 2 will probably be priced at. So on paper Ally might have the higher numbers... But unlike the Ally, Switch 2 will have games tailor-made for it and optimized.

Really crazy that Nintendo is going to be making a 4k-capable device with ray tracing. I can't wait to see what they do with that shyt.

:whew:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
I think this thing is gonna be at least $400.

I don't see Nintendo going much higher than that.

It will be a far more efficient device than both the ASUS Ally and Steam Deck due to the more modern architecture and the ArmCPU we heard about from the leaks. The Deck and Ally have to use x86 architecture in order to play PC games and that stuff is power-hungry and straining on a battery. Power-wise wise it will be hard to gauge since the Ally in particular is pretty powerful and sells for twice the amount that the Switch 2 will probably be priced at. So on paper Ally might have the higher numbers... But unlike the Ally, Switch 2 will have games tailor-made for it and optimized.

Really crazy that Nintendo is going to be making a 4k-capable device with ray tracing. I can't wait to see what they do with that shyt.

:whew:
yeah im sold lmao

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
at the end of its life span, this switch is officially the greatest console I’ve ever owned.

ultimately it will be recognized as such sales-wise…wonder how far off it is from the PS2 sales record

*edit*

they’re at roughly 130M consoles sold so they’re off by about 25M consoles…I just checked and it recently took them about 3 months to sell roughly 3-4M switches…so staying on that average it might surpass PS2 in sold consoles in about 2 years…there’ll probably be spikes in console sales when heavily anticipated games drop especially if they drop a metroid prime 4 or a follow up to super mario odyssey

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

:usure:

1/3rd of PS5's power?

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
super mario rpg looks lit, i downloaded the rom and have been playing on my phone to scratch the itch, but this looks right wouldve been a first day if they added 2 player