Nintendo Switch Official Thread

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Finally playing the final boss of Splatoon 2 after being all in on Sonic Mania the past 2 weeks.

Total bullshyt that I have to use the wack ass Hero Shot on the last boss. I can't even do damage to this motherfukker. If they let me use my roller, they wouldn't stand a chance

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Switch has been good for me since I got it in mid May.

BOTW was great with my only problem with it was getting all the Shrines. Getting the last 20 or so Shrines felt like work. Beside that though it was a great game.
MK8D was what I expected it to be. A great local multiplayer game, but really not too much replay value after unlocking everything. Considering I didn't have much interest in battle mode, it wasn't worth the $60 price for just the new characters. (Although using GCU I had it for $48.)
I didn't play Splatoon on the Wii U. But Splatoon 2 is a fun game. But just finishing the single player mode, I didn't enjoy the online portion enough. I have always liked single player type of games more tbh.

I got Mario + Rabbids yesterday. Hopefully I can play a little bit of it over the weekend. Obviously with school starting this week, it will harder to get time to play games.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Switch has been good for me since I got it in mid May.

BOTW was great with my only problem with it was getting all the Shrines. Getting the last 20 or so Shrines felt like work. Beside that though it was a great game.
MK8D was what I expected it to be. A great local multiplayer game, but really not too much replay value after unlocking everything. Considering I didn't have much interest in battle mode, it wasn't worth the $60 price for just the new characters. (Although using GCU I had it for $48.)
I didn't play Splatoon on the Wii U. But Splatoon 2 is a fun game. But just finishing the single player mode, I didn't enjoy the online portion enough. I have always liked single player type of games more tbh.

I got Mario + Rabbids yesterday. Hopefully I can play a little bit of it over the weekend. Obviously with school starting this week, it will harder to get time to play games.

Mario + Rabbids will be a good game for your situation cause of the way the game is structured. It's a good game for pick up and play small doses.
I would recommend Puyo Puyo Tetris too if you like puzzle games at all. Basically two games in one and has an unexpectedly great story mode. And same as Mario + Rabbids, it's a great pick up and play small dose game

2k18 on the switch is identical to the other console versions but it's running at 30FPS. That's a good tradeoff imo.

Very interesting

Will people prefer the way EA did it with FIFA where the game is missing some content in the story mode and pro clubs but runs at the full 1080/60 & 720/60 or will they prefer the way 2K did it NBA where the game is content complete but takes a big performance hit?

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Looks like a pretty good port, shame the framerate took a hit but as long as it has all the features present on the PS4/XB1, people shouldn't be too upset.
2k18 on the switch is identical to the other console versions but it's running at 30FPS. That's a good tradeoff imo.

Mario + Rabbids will be a good game for your situation cause of the way the game is structured. It's a good game for pick up and play small doses.
I would recommend Puyo Puyo Tetris too if you like puzzle games at all. Basically two games in one and has an unexpectedly great story mode. And same as Mario + Rabbids, it's a great pick up and play small dose game

Very interesting

Will people prefer the way EA did it with FIFA where the game is missing some content in the story mode and pro clubs but runs at the full 1080/60 & 720/60 or will they prefer the way 2K did it NBA where the game is content complete but takes a big performance hit?

Online? I'm assuming right? I haven't played bb videogames in over a decade. I did play the NBA jam for wii, but no basketball simulations. This could possibly be cool....right?

Iblazegunz

Rookie
Daps

Game looks legit on the Switch! Does anyone know if all the multiplayer features are included in this version?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Kinda sucks that with NBA 2K18 you have to download mandatory files to play it. They need a solution to games being larger than 32GBs other than required downloads.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I bought a Switch specifically for Zelda BOTW. After beating that game and being disappointed by it, I feel like I could have easily waited a full year or more before buying a Switch. I should have trusted my gut. Oh well. I know more games I like will come out eventually.

Is rabbids worth it?

I got street fighter,Mario kart,Zelda need more games

Buy Mario + Rabbids if you enjoy RPG's at all. I'm only like a quarter of the way through the story (and there's still a lot of other side content outside the main story), but unless it just completely falls off hard which seems unlikely from reviews, it's a must have.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
My bro brought over his pro controller yesterday. :wow::wow::wow: my splatoon experience was amplified. Only thing I had to get used to (which didn't take long) was the right analog stick being a little more to the left in the controller.

Controller is blessed tho.

Told him it's the best controller now. hit me with the :stopitslime: "stop it"

:russ: he's an Xbox dude.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps

I'm eventually gonna have to give in and just get a SD card for some future games I'm probably gonna want on this thing. It's what I bought into when getting the Switch so it is what it is. I was fully not expecting shyt like red dead or Anthem. :yeshrug: