Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Blazing Star is fun as shyt, and I don't even like that type of game. It's cheap as hell at like $8, or something like the, and it's well worth it. Great in portable mode :wow:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
The problem is the back bone of the story portion of the game is the divine beasts and none of those moments feel epic. They give a million random shrines and seeds to find but 4 "real" levels to complete that amount to giving you 4 powers you don't need to defeat anyone. Zelda games were about the need to beat one place to gain a certain weapon or tool that would bring you ever so closer to being able to defeat the next area. Making Zelda completely open world hurt the experience imo.

But this is the thing people wanted out of the next Zelda title, and that's how Nintendo went about it. Nintendo is all about innovation and they took it to whole diff level with their second biggest franchise. Anything else would have been linear fashion, like you said, not needing the 4 powers to beat any which enemy. But they are used to make certain things in the less stressful and easier to some degree.

I do agree the game has flaws even being completely open, no game is perfect imo, but I also think some people (not you, necessarily) are really discrediting how much shyt Nintendo allowed the player to do in this game you couldn't really do in a normal Zelda.

I guarantee the same will happen with the new Mario in regards to what you could do in 64 and Galaxy.

Also, I guess Bandai isn't putting the new DBZ fighters game on Switch to kill the momentum of Xenoverse 2 for Switch? That or they really believe the Switch can't handle that game, which I still find hard to believe. Anyway, Xenoverse 2 since I've never played it, is something I'm really looking forward to getting.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
But this is the thing people wanted out of the next Zelda title, and that's how Nintendo went about it. Nintendo is all about innovation and they took it to whole diff level with their second biggest franchise. Anything else would have been linear fashion, like you said, not needing the 4 powers to beat any which enemy. But they are used to make certain things in the less stressful and easier to some degree.

I do agree the game has flaws even being completely open, no game is perfect imo, but I also think some people (not you, necessarily) are really discrediting how much shyt Nintendo allowed the player to do in this game you couldn't really do in a normal Zelda.

I guarantee the same will happen with the new Mario in regards to what you could do in 64 and Galaxy.

Also, I guess Bandai isn't putting the new DBZ fighters game on Switch to kill the momentum of Xenoverse 2 for Switch? That or they really believe the Switch can't handle that game, which I still find hard to believe. Anyway, Xenoverse 2 since I've never played it, is something I'm really looking forward to getting.
They definitely tried to stray from what was starting to become a formula. Whether that made the game better or not is certainly up for debate

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
They definitely tried to stray from what was starting to become a formula. Whether that made the game better or not is certainly up for debate

it's like a new direction in its base form. They really can only add to this with future titles.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
The Switch is FINALLY getting its first app
ec.nintendo.com/JP/ja/titles/70010000000725
Granted, it's Japan only nut hopefully it's a sign of things to come and YouTube, Netflix, Hulu aren't too far behind

Not even gonna lie. I'm at the point where I really don't need youtube or netflix on this thing, my phone is usually right beside me as I use it. I know some will say it's a standard or a norm, but I'm using this thing like I used to use my Gamecube, just for games. The only thing I would like thou, is something like a share button. link my Switch account with my youtube account and upload gameplay or stream gameplay.