Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Don't buy an amibo ya'll

I honestly wouldn't have a problem with amiibos if nintendo didn't continue the ridiculous practice of making them all limited runs.
Nintendo doesn't even bother selling the in game items the amiibos unlock as DLC.
It would seem they actively encourage the scalping people do online with these toys.
I wanted to get the BOTW ones but I'm not gonna sit on a site refreshing the page all day in hopes to get a $15 - $20 toy that unlocks an in game sword.
If you have an android phone with nfc you don't even need those cards. There are already apps that let you use the phone itself as an amiibo.
I'm on iPhone so I think I'll end up just buying the cards from somewhere online.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
wait, who made those?

I want the Splatoon Amiibos or cards when the game comes out.
You can find them online. They aren't official. The ones she has are just decent quality.
I've seen links to people selling them on pintrest, ebay, craigslist.
You can buy NFC cards anywhere online and then google how to get the amiibo data on them.
With an android phone you don't even need the cards.
Some people (like the girl in the vid) just go ahead and pay for cards someone has already made, especially when they're cheap enough.
You'll find those same cards online without artwork on them as well.

Here's a link to some that look decent and come in different sizes.
18 pcs/lot ZELDA Amiibo NFC Tag Cards set 20 Heart Wolf SSB BOTW OOT Card | eBay

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
I saw that amiibo option in the game and just turned it on without knowing what the hell it does. Tried googling shyt and is still left me confused. Watching that video above has cleared everything up now. lol

How does one create their own cards?