Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
Yea... I need a pro controller.

Been playing Zelda in docked mode, my joy cons done lost power. Wasn't in the mood to play in portable mode with it charging so I just cut the game off and reattached the joycons to the Switch so they can charge. Might as well get the more comfortable pro rather than the charging grip.

Bless the Switch for offering me the choice to want to play in portable mode though

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Being unable to back up and transfer saves is unacceptable in the year 2017 where on almost every other console you can. There is no rational explanation for why your save files are stuck on the Switch's internal memory unable to be accessed by end users except for loading in games.

http://kotaku.com/nintendos-reggie-fils-aime-on-switch-voice-chat-lack-o-1796147494
On the risk Switch owners take that if they lose their system, they will lose their save files, which currently can’t be backed up.
Totilo: We at Kotaku have heard the feedback—and I’ve even worried about it myself–that the lack of cloud save and even the back-up option I can do with my 3DS [can cost people their save files if they lose their Switch]… do you guys hear that message?

Fils-Aime: We do.

Totilo: Can you say that there’s a solution coming?

Fils-Aime: I can’t say there’s a solution coming, but we do hear the message.
I swear Nintendo has to always find a way to mess something up. There has to be some dumb archaic decision they have that they won't change on.

If he can't say there is a solution coming when his customers ask for a solution to a problem but acknowledges he hears them then what is he saying? fukk you I don't care?

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
so it seems like the campaign for Splatoon 2 gonna be like the last one in terms of game play and the way the enemies function. It's basically a mode to help you get used to playing but at the same time with a story. I hope the final boss is a great as the one in the first one thou.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Being unable to back up and transfer saves is unacceptable in the year 2017 where on almost every other console you can. There is no rational explanation for why your save files are stuck on the Switch's internal memory unable to be accessed by end users except for loading in games.

http://kotaku.com/nintendos-reggie-fils-aime-on-switch-voice-chat-lack-o-1796147494

I swear Nintendo has to always find a way to mess something up. There has to be some dumb archaic decision they have that they won't change on.

If he can't say there is a solution coming when his customers ask for a solution to a problem but acknowledges he hears them then what is he saying? fukk you I don't care?

Your saves are on the cloud. If your switch breaks or you lose it. You can call Nintendo and they can migrate your saves.

People don't want that though. They want to be able to have 5 switches and not worry about where they saved what and where, which is silly on their part. You can't have 2 iPhones simultaneously receiving texts messages and logging your calls and data. Just choose one device and use it :manny: it's not what people want to hear but it is what it is.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Your saves are on the cloud. If your switch breaks or you lose it. You can call Nintendo and they can migrate your saves.

People don't want that though. They want to be able to have 5 switches and not worry about where they saved what and where, which is silly on their part. You can't have 2 iPhones simultaneously receiving texts messages and logging your calls and data. Just choose one device and use it :manny: it's not what people want to hear but it is what it is.
I had 2 Xbox Ones. Plugged my external up to one system and my profile is loaded. Move that external to a separate system in my bedroom and the profile and all saves are loaded.

I have 2 PS4s now and I can upload my save data to PSN and download it on either and it works.

I have 2 PCs Steam backs up and cloud restores my saves.

These features are industry standards. And I have an iPad Air 2, iPhone 7 and Galaxy S8 and through Google hangouts and Google Voice I can receive calls or text on all of them and pick up which ever I choose.

It's absurd that I can't manage my own user data as I see fit and you're chastising me about it like I'm wrong. If I want 5 Switches on 5 different TVs with the same user data why shouldn't they accommodate that when all I wanna move is digital save data that's easily movable?

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I had 2 Xbox Ones. Plugged my external up to one system and my profile is loaded. Move that external to a separate system in my bedroom and the profile and all saves are loaded.

I have 2 PS4s now and I can upload my save data to PSN and download it on either and it works.

I have 2 PCs Steam backs up and cloud restores my saves.

These features are industry standards. And I have an iPad Air 2, iPhone 7 and Galaxy S8 and through Google hangouts and Google Voice I can receive calls or text on all of them and pick up which ever I choose.

It's absurd that I can't manage my own user data as I see fit and you're chastising me about it like I'm wrong. If I want 5 Switches on 5 different TVs with the same user data why shouldn't they accommodate that when all I wanna move is digital save data that's easily movable?

Im not chastising you. Look at it from nintendos perspective, hell even Sony and Microsoft don't intend for you to have multiple consoles in the same house, its a benefit that they allow you to do that. The switch is a portable system, they didnt build it with the intention of 1 user having multiple switches or using them in-tandem (one strictly for tv/at home usage and one for off tv/outside the house usage).

There are reasons that a person would need to have their data on more than one unit, i.e a work unit/home unit or for people with more than one home, the ps4/xbox isnt designed for you to carry and go so that added luxury or ease of convenience makes sense. With nintendo all isn't lost. if your original wii breaks and you downloaded a bunch of games, you can get them back. If your wii u breaks and you downloaded a bunch of games, you can get them back. If you switch breaks and you downloaded games or have saves you can get them back.

I understand the saves should be able to be copied from profile to profile (i dont want people playing my zelda save) but for people that have multiple switches in one house it wasnt designed for you to access anywhere as it is a portable (personal) system.

ive downloaded games back on to the wii after resyncing a nintendo profile, and back to the wii u after i got it back from nintendo. There is a video youtube who got his switch back and when he clicked on zelda he had an option of downloading save from the cloud, he did and his save was back. So all these false fires about being fukked when you lose/trade/upgrade/break your system are false.

Switch <-------------------click here for video
Reddit user Patsuann sent their Switch out to Nintendo for repairs, and upon receiving and booting up the console, they noticed that while their account was on the system, none of their game saves were stored on the system memory. However, on starting up The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Patsuann noticed there was a small cloud icon next to the game.

swtich1-1489782507668_610w.png

The user was then prompted to download an update, and after the download was complete, all of the their saves were restored on the system. Patsuann uploaded footage of the process here, screenshots of which you can find above and below.

switch2-1489782854446_610w.png

Last edited: