Nintendo Switch Official Thread

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Is Mario Odyssey really $99 in Canada? That's offensive :stopitslime:

Bruh, I don't know what the fukk is going on here anymore. I'm almost certain come next year when minimum pay increase, these games will be 150. I ain't doing day 1 cops anymore. This shyt is ridiculous. :mjlol: but I want Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey so bad.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Bruh, I don't know what the fukk is going on here anymore. I'm almost certain come next year when minimum pay increase, these games will be 150. I ain't doing day 1 cops anymore. This shyt is ridiculous. :mjlol: but I want Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey so bad.
I want to say it's just for Mario and Pokken cause retailers know they'll sell n don't wanna get burned from everyone mass preordering at a low price, so will eventually retail at 79.99... but sheeit :picard:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Not really fair to blame us for being cautious after the Wii U breh. Zelda looked fire, but I had to know Nintendo was truly committed.
I'm still cautious now and I bought a Wii U at launch and a Switch at launch. I won't even judge the Switch until we're starting year 3. Everything is all hunky dory right now but realistically do we expect Nintendo to release all these high profile games on their own 3 years in every few months like they've been doing? This had to happen because of the Wii U but how long does it continue before they've burned through all the big games they had in development when they decided to shorten the Wii U's life to 4 years?

Sony can put out 2-3 big games a year and spread them out because they can kick back and let third parties carry the load for months at a time. At some point Nintendo will slow down on the releases. The question is do third parties fill in the gap or will it be a drought?

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I'm still cautious now and I bought a Wii U at launch and a Switch at launch. I won't even judge the Switch until we're starting year 3. Everything is all hunky dory right now but realistically do we expect Nintendo to release all these high profile games on their own 3 years in every few months like they've been doing? This had to happen because of the Wii U but how long does it continue before they've burned through all the big games they had in development when they decided to shorten the Wii U's life to 4 years?

Sony can put out 2-3 big games a year and spread them out because they can kick back and let third parties carry the load for months at a time. At some point Nintendo will slow down on the releases. The question is do third parties fill in the gap or will it be a drought?
Didn't even stop to consider this. Gotta hope and pray that one of these games is able to last a long long time. Meaning it'll prob have to be MP. Pokémon?

I don't expect third party games stepping in and really filling in the gap. I'd be shocked really

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
I want to say it's just for Mario and Pokken cause retailers know they'll sell n don't wanna get burned from everyone mass preordering at a low price, so will eventually retail at 79.99... but sheeit :picard:

it's criminal, regardless. :mjlol:

kid: mom can I get that game?

mom: for your birthday

kid: but my birthday was yesterday

mom: :francis: ya damn right it was.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Didn't even stop to consider this. Gotta hope and pray that one of these games is able to last a long long time. Meaning it'll prob have to be MP. Pokémon?

I don't expect third party games stepping in and really filling in the gap. I'd be shocked really

yo, they said 80 games in development from partners. I shouldn't, but imma trust there won't be too many droughts seeing as it's also an indie gold mine, and VC will come, along with classic with the paid sub. it's mobile feature alone will keep this thing going.

Miyamoto did say the plan is to have this thing go longer than the normal console lifespan. so there may even be upgrades like the DS brand.

Of course it could all be :yeshrug: but one of the things I really do appreciate with the switch is the new form of marketing they're doing with the esport pushing, the major public ads, and the directs shedding some light on the indie or 3rd party titles being made for them.

Daps
Reppin
I have both Xenoblade games but never got through them...game was too massive for me at times. I still need to finish the OG port I have on my 3DS though.