Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Who is tagging you and calling you crazy?? Why are you creating some scenario that I'm not apart of to argue against?? I'm not the one you should be quoting, quote whoever/post the posts of the people saying otherwise.

Where have I been constantly saying otherwise?? I said I think it's silly to brag about gaming being smaller this gen compared to last gen when it's obvious mathematics if one that sold a lot last gen suddenly selling like crap this gen. It ain't like numbers came out last night. We've known this since like the first year how things were going over in MSFT/Nintendo land. I always said that PS4 selling great but the others not. I never said console gaming will be just as big as last gen. Whether or not I said this today or 3 years ago it would've still been accurate. There's nothing to be feeling vindicated about.
The first year of Xbox 1 was higher selling than the 360,stop with the revisionist history.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Looking back at the Wii U's launch year compared to the Switch, I dont think people remember how :flabbynsick: the Wii U's first year was in comparison. Here's how the first year went for the Wii U:

Nov/Dec: New Super Mario Bros U, Nintendoland, Zombi U and 28 half assed late ports and cash grabs from months/years ago.

Jan: Nothing

Feb :Nothing

March:Lego City Undercover and Need For Speed

After March it was NOTHING until August with Pikmin 3, which was suppose to be launch window and I think Wind Waker HD came out around this time.

September:The Wonderful 101 and Rayman Legends, two niche games which were both suppose to be launch window games and Rayman was suppose to be Wii U exclusive. Both sent to die being released days before GTA5.

October: Sonic Lost World *crickets*

November had the Wii U's biggest game in ELEVEN MONTHS with Super Mario 3D World and even then it sold less than it should have. Hell even Knack beat Mario in launch sales the UK. KNACK!:mindblown:

December I dont even fukking know cause we we're all still playing GTA5.

What's even worse is that even worse is that they're wasn't even any good downloadable indie titles sprinkled in.

The Switch is lucky to have the first year it has with seemingly one big game coming out every month for it with some good indie games sprinkled in. It's month 3 and I still haven't seen one in stores yet but I remember seeing stacks of Wii U's on it's 3rd month.
I've been saying this. Forget about 3rd party support. 1st party support was :scust: for the Wii U year one. By the time they got the games out, PS4 and XB1 were already launching, completely ruining their full year head start

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The first year of Xbox 1 was higher selling than the 360,stop with the revisionist history.
:mindblown:

you completely ignored everything I said to bring up a point, that I didn't say.

and what revisionist history?

The XB1 SHIPPED 10M by Nov 2014 according to MS.
On November 12, 2014, Microsoft announced it had shipped almost 10 million units to retailers worldwide. The company also revealed that a price cut had tripled U.S. sales of the console over the previous week.[6]

X360 shipped 11 Million 360's according to MS
Current Sales Figures for These Consoles
Microsoft have shipped over 11 million Xbox 360's since its launch in November 2005 (Microsoft Corporation, 2007).
Market Prediction for the Sony PlayStation 3

Unless you have the exact WW sold to consumers number then Idk what you're talking about. Didn't the 360 have shortages?

My goodness. Ight fam you win. That's what you wanted, a internet victory. shyt ain't that serious breh wow you all ready to break something.

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
We've known this since like the first year how things were going over in MSFT/Nintendo land.

The Xbox 1 was already seen as flop since day 0.

you completely ignored everything I said to bring up a point, that I didn't say.

and what revisionist history?

The XB1 SHIPPED 10M by Nov 2014 according to MS.

X360 shipped 11 Million 360's according to MS

Market Prediction for the Sony PlayStation 3

Unless you have the exact WW sold to consumers number then Idk what you're talking about.

My goodness. Ight fam you win. That's what you wanted, a internet victory. shyt ain't that serious breh wow

Are you high? You literally just claimed I'm boasting about useless facts because everybody knew Xbox 1 was a flop since day 0.

If XB1 and xb360 are neck and neck in sales the first year how the fukk did everybody know XB1 was a flop since day 0 :mindblown:

You're not even making sense within 3 posts.

EDIT: Where's your link for when Microsoft announced 11 Million 360 sold. You didn't put a date or a link. It says 2007,no month,which is 2 years after launch.

Last edited:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Are you high? You literally just claimed I'm boasting about useless facts because everybody knew Xbox 1 was a flop since day 0.

If XB1 and xb360 are neck and neck in sales the first year how the fukk did everybody know XB1 was a flop since day 0 :mindblown:

EDIT: Where's your link for when Microsoft announced 11 Million 360 sold. You didn't put a date or a link. It says 2007,no month,which is 2 years after launch.

That's the thing Xbox is not a flop Sont just sold Outrageously but it's slowing down. Don't argue with these fanboys man

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
believe MS is at 26 mill for Xbox1 in 2017
I predicted this gen (ps4,XB1, Wii u) would do about 150 million,less than the 2 previous gens.

Looks like I'll be almost right on the money so I don't know why I'm being tagged about rumored switch projections.:francis:

But I'm done here :hubie:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Looking back at the Wii U's launch year compared to the Switch, I dont think people remember how :flabbynsick: the Wii U's first year was in comparison. Here's how the first year went for the Wii U:

Nov/Dec: New Super Mario Bros U, Nintendoland, Zombi U and 28 half assed late ports and cash grabs from months/years ago.

Jan: Nothing

Feb :Nothing

March:Lego City Undercover and Need For Speed

After March it was NOTHING until August with Pikmin 3, which was suppose to be launch window and I think Wind Waker HD came out around this time.

September:The Wonderful 101 and Rayman Legends, two niche games which were both suppose to be launch window games and Rayman was suppose to be Wii U exclusive. Both sent to die being released days before GTA5.

October: Sonic Lost World *crickets*

November had the Wii U's biggest game in ELEVEN MONTHS with Super Mario 3D World and even then it sold less than it should have. Hell even Knack beat Mario in launch sales the UK. KNACK!:mindblown:

December I dont even fukking know cause we we're all still playing GTA5.

What's even worse is that even worse is that they're wasn't even any good downloadable indie titles sprinkled in.

The Switch is lucky to have the first year it has with seemingly one big game coming out every month for it with some good indie games sprinkled in. It's month 3 and I still haven't seen one in stores yet but I remember seeing stacks of Wii U's on it's 3rd month.

I'm indifferent to being able to buy a Switch at a store. I already have one. What I'm looking for are unique experiences on it which so far it's been lacking IMO.

If you skipped the Wii U it's likely been impressive to you but if you owned one the best titles on the Switch are still Wii U games mostly.

The Switch is selling well. Good for Nintendo but we've seen that before from them. The Wii flew off shelves. Did that translate into a high amount of must have titles from third parties? Truth is until year 2 and 3 we probably won't see how this plays out. Don't think for a minute if Nintendo alone does the heavy lifting you'll continue to get the level of output you got these first few months unless it's more ports. Nintendo has proven they can't carry a system alone without long droughts.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Is the XB1 not a flop compared to the 360 presently?

You yourself loved to say "front loaded sales!" whenever someone mentioned it selling as fast as the 360 so what point are you making by arbitrarily closing the "flop" period between launch and the first year? It selling as fast as the 360 in the first year doesn't disprove that it's not a flop and it actually didn't.

As for the link
More on sales figures from Microsoft. The Vole announced that 10.4 million Xbox 360 consoles were sold last year, exceeding the originally stated target of 10 million units.
2006 console sales figures explored | TheINQUIRER
This article was from Jan 2007.

All I'm saying is it doesn't take a genius to predict that the end of the gen totals would be less than last gen when the two of the main sellers last gen released a mediocre product and that fact became clearer as time went on.

I'm done here no sense in continuing this. :hubie:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What I'm looking for are unique experiences on it which so far it's been lacking IMO.
I can't bring Zelda outside with me on the Wii U.

The whole point of the Switch can't be done with the Wii U so saying that it has Zelda and MK8(which doesn't even have some of the content that the Switch version has) isn't the same.

Last edited:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
I'm indifferent to being able to buy a Switch at a store. I already have one. What I'm looking for are unique experiences on it which so far it's been lacking IMO.

If you skipped the Wii U it's likely been impressive to you but if you owned one the best titles on the Switch are still Wii U games mostly.

The Switch is selling well. Good for Nintendo but we've seen that before from them. The Wii flew off shelves. Did that translate into a high amount of must have titles from third parties? Truth is until year 2 and 3 we probably won't see how this plays out. Don't think for a minute if Nintendo alone does the heavy lifting you'll continue to get the level of output you got these first few months unless it's more ports. Nintendo has proven they can't carry a system alone without long droughts.

You do understand that the Wii controller system prevented some of those 3rd party games from being developed for it.

You can make a game wit a unique controller or make a game that will sell on both Xbox and ps, which one do you make?

Switch gives the dev an opportunity to make same game for 3 consoles

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
I predicted this gen (ps4,XB1, Wii u) would do about 150 million,less than the 2 previous gens.

Looks like I'll be almost right on the money so I don't know why I'm being tagged about rumored switch projections.:francis:

But I'm done here :hubie:

My initial argument was trying to figure out what this "fate" of all the past Nintendo consoles were. you can search up the the console sales list and a quick search will show you these companies aren't losing.

in total

Nintendo: 699.46 million
Sony: 474.69 million
MS: 118 million

then you have all the games and accessories

I only know Nintendo wants 10 mill by the end of the year, so I'll with that, and see if they manage to pull it off. The initial goal was 7 mill I believe.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'm thinking of buying another switch dock for my other 4K TV that is in my bedroom. $89 though....I dunno :patrice:

But the convenience :jbhmm: