Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
WIIU
WII
Gamecube
N64

all ended up with the same path. Strong first party titles but ended up collecting dust because there was not enough games
I see people expecting this to be a huge success but I'm still skeptical. I have Disgaea, Mario Kart, and Zelda and two of those games I already own on other platforms.

I know the non-Wii U owners are happy to get ports but I still have my Wii U so I want to see more new Switch games. I'm pretty much done with games except maybe Splatoon until Mario comes out. We'll see next year but I'm expecting the same typical Nintendo long software droughts that plagued all their other recent systems.

I think Nintendo has proven that alone they can't maintain enough software output to keep fans entertained for the life of a system. Everyone is in the honeymoon phase now but 2 years in will this still be their darling?

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Nintendo to ramp up production of Switch as demand soars

Estimated 12 million sold in one year.

But don't worry brehs, the Switch going to flop. :russ: @CrimsonTider

And console gaming dying as well. :russ:
@Prodigal Syndicate
You guys really need to stop getting excited about first year sales while ignoring that sales are more front loaded than ever in history. Matter of fact this isn't even sales. You took something labeled as a rumour from neogaf behind a locked subscription and it's a hopeful projection :deadmanny:

Don't be so desperate to make a point. How's that fastest selling Xbox console ever thing going for Xbox one :bryan:

Ffxv is the fastest selling ff Game ever. Does anyone think it will end as the largest selling ff game?:bryan:

You want to make a point,do it at the end of the console gen when what I said was the console market will have shrunk from last gen. If it hasn't feel free to tag me then. Until then you guys need to stop falling for the fastest selling shyt again and again and again because if I am right you just make yourselves look dumber for falling for the shyt I keep saying is happening.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Of course the console gaming market will have shrunk, the damn Xbox 1 is a flop compared to the 360 and the Wii U was a flop. The PS4 is the only console that's really holding it down so this isn't anything revealing. Switch is doing it's thing so far.

I feel like folks boasting about irrelevant facts like duh of course there will be less consoles sold at the end of the day if the other two aren't what they used to be. This isn't even an argument :dahell:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Of course the console gaming market will have shrunk, the damn Xbox 1 is a flop compared to the 360 and the Wii U was a flop. The PS4 is the only console that's really holding it down so this isn't anything revealing. Switch is doing it's thing so far.

I feel like folks boasting about irrelevant facts like duh of course there will be less consoles sold at the end of the day if the other two aren't what they used to be. This isn't even an argument :dahell:
Except I've been saying this since the beginning of the gen before anybody could claim the Xbox 1 flopped and all anybody could say was but but but fastest selling!!!

People here still still think ps4 is going to do ps2 level sales :mjlol:

And last I checked you guys are the one tagging me and dapping eachother up here boasting about rumored projections desperate to make some kind of point.:mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Except I've been saying this since the beginning of the gen before anybody could claim the Xbox 1 flopped and all anybody could say was but but but fastest selling!!!

People here still still think ps4 is going to do ps2 level sales :mjlol:
Well, that's a 12 year total during a time where gaming was different.(PS2 at 155 million as of March 2012, 12 years after release and you know the rest)

I don't know what it'll be like in 2025 for a PS4 to sell 155 million but things are different today than back then. other factors contributed to that happening. Sales aren't in a vacuum undeterred by other spending/lifestyle changes.

Apples and oranges :yeshrug:

and Xbox 1 being called a flop wasn't exactly a hard guess after that reveal. Folks that went "fastest selling!" were just defense force linemen. Everybody(mostly) called the Xthot 1 a flop before it stepped it's foot in the door.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Well, that's a 12 year total during a time where gaming was different.(PS2 at 155 million as of March 2012, 12 years after release and you know the rest)

I don't know what it'll be like in 2025 for a PS4 to sell 155 million but things are different today than back then. other factors contributed to that happening. Sales aren't in a vacuum undeterred by other spending/lifestyle changes.

Apples and oranges :yeshrug:

and Xbox 1 being called a flop wasn't exactly a hard guess after that reveal. Folks that went "fastest selling!" were just defense force linemen. Everybody(mostly) called the Xthot 1 a flop before it stepped it's foot in the door.
When it's all said and done this current gen will be the lowest selling gen since ps1/n64/Saturn.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Wait, so after years of you guys claiming I'm crazy for saying what I'm saying,now you're going to pivot to "we'll it's obvious it was going to be lower selling,why are you boasting about obvious shyt"

Get directly the fukk outta here

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wait, so after years of you guys claiming I'm crazy for saying what I'm saying,now you're going to pivot to "we'll it's obvious it was going to be lower selling,why are you boasting about obvious shyt"

Get directly the fukk outta here
Dude, calm down :dahell:

Anyway, yes it's useless boasting about irrelevant facts.

The PS4 is selling better than PS3 even to this day.

The Xbox 1 was already seen as flop since day 0. This wasn't some $400 Xbox with perfect marketing flopping day 1.

The Wii U was a flop within months and the first year(2013) it still was flopping.

It's not like you were going "Man next gen is going to sell less than this gen!" in 2011 or something way before PS4/XB1 and Wii U was revealed.

Not sure what's so hard to understand.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Looking back at the Wii U's launch year compared to the Switch, I dont think people remember how :flabbynsick: the Wii U's first year was in comparison. Here's how the first year went for the Wii U:

Nov/Dec: New Super Mario Bros U, Nintendoland, Zombi U and 28 half assed late ports and cash grabs from months/years ago.

Jan: Nothing

Feb :Nothing

March:Lego City Undercover and Need For Speed

After March it was NOTHING until August with Pikmin 3, which was suppose to be launch window and I think Wind Waker HD came out around this time.

September:The Wonderful 101 and Rayman Legends, two niche games which were both suppose to be launch window games and Rayman was suppose to be Wii U exclusive. Both sent to die being released days before GTA5.

October: Sonic Lost World *crickets*

November had the Wii U's biggest game in ELEVEN MONTHS with Super Mario 3D World and even then it sold less than it should have. Hell even Knack beat Mario in launch sales the UK. KNACK!:mindblown:

December I dont even fukking know cause we we're all still playing GTA5.

What's even worse is that even worse is that they're wasn't even any good downloadable indie titles sprinkled in.

The Switch is lucky to have the first year it has with seemingly one big game coming out every month for it with some good indie games sprinkled in. It's month 3 and I still haven't seen one in stores yet but I remember seeing stacks of Wii U's on it's 3rd month.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Dude, calm down :dahell:

Anyway, yes it's useless boasting.

The PS4 is selling better than PS3 even to this day.

The Xbox 1 was already seen as flop since day 0. This wasn't some $400 Xbox with perfect marketing flopping day 1.

The Wii U was a flop within months and the first year(2013) it still was flopping.

It's not like you were going "Man next gen is going to sell less than this gen!" in 2011 or something way before PS4/XB1 and Wii U was revealed.

Not sure what's so hard to understand.
:mjlol: okay breh.

I've been getting tagged by you guys for literally years now,everybody calling me crazy,saying I don't know what I'm talking about,and now that what I said is coming true you're pivoting to some other shyt.

fukk out of my face :mjlol:

Stop tagging me about this shyt if you guys can't eat crow when what I say comes true :mjlol:

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
Looking back at the Wii U's launch year compared to the Switch, I dont think people remember how :flabbynsick: the Wii U's first year was in comparison. Here's how the first year went for the Wii U:

Nov/Dec: New Super Mario Bros U, Nintendoland, Zombi U and 28 half assed late ports and cash grabs from months/years ago.

Jan: Nothing

Feb :Nothing

March:Lego City Undercover and Need For Speed

After March it was NOTHING until August with Pikmin 3, which was suppose to be launch window and I think Wind Waker HD came out around this time.

September:The Wonderful 101 and Rayman Legends, two niche games which were both suppose to be launch window games and Rayman was suppose to be Wii U exclusive. Both sent to die being released days before GTA5.

October: Sonic Lost World *crickets*

November had the Wii U's biggest game in ELEVEN MONTHS with Super Mario 3D World and even then it sold less than it should have. Hell even Knack beat Mario in launch sales the UK. KNACK!:mindblown:

December I dont even fukking know cause we we're all still playing GTA5.

What's even worse is that even worse is that they're wasn't even any good downloadable indie titles sprinkled in.

The Switch is lucky to have the first year it has with seemingly one big game coming out every month for it with some good indie games sprinkled in. It's month 3 and I still haven't seen one in stores yet but I remember seeing stacks of Wii U's on it's 3rd month.

Yeah the switch is having a decent lineup imo hell even the 3DS was strugglin its first year.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: okay breh.

I've been getting tagged by you guys for literally years now,everybody calling me crazy,saying I don't know what I'm talking about,and now that what I said is coming true you're pivoting to some other shyt.

fukk out of my face :mjlol:

Stop tagging me about this shyt if you guys can't eat crow when what I say comes true :mjlol:

Who is tagging you and calling you crazy?? Why are you creating some scenario that I'm not apart of to argue against?? I'm not the one you should be quoting, quote whoever/post the posts of the people saying otherwise.

Where have I been constantly saying otherwise?? I said I think it's silly to brag about gaming being smaller this gen compared to last gen when it's obvious mathematics if one that sold a lot last gen suddenly selling like crap this gen. It ain't like numbers came out last night. We've known this since like the first year how things were going over in MSFT/Nintendo land. I always said that PS4 selling great but the others not. I never said console gaming will be just as big as last gen. Whether or not I said this today or 3 years ago it would've still been accurate. There's nothing to be feeling vindicated about. Find me posts of me saying CONSOLE gaming(as in the whole) will be just as big. You'll find me saying PS4. If PS4 by the end of what 7 years is less than PS3 then you'd have something to talk about.