Nintendo knew what they were doing.

They about to sell gangbusters again.

Zelda
MK8
Spla2oon
Mario Oddysey
Smash
Pokémon

And here's the thing people dont realize.

Mario Kart has history of being a big seller, up there with the AAA games.

MKWii sold over 36 mill
MK7 is up there with the Pokemon 3DS games
MK8 sold 8 million, at the time where the console was pretty much dead

For alot of people, the Wii U either never existed or it didn't appeal to them, so as far as Mario Kart on consoles in concerned, MK8D is the first Mario Kart game for them in almost a decade.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And here's the thing people dont realize.

Mario Kart has history of being a big seller, up there with the AAA games.

MKWii sold over 36 mill
MK7 is up there with the Pokemon 3DS games
MK8 sold 8 million, at the time where the console was pretty much dead

For alot of people, the Wii U either never existed or it didn't appeal to them, so as far as Mario Kart on consoles in concerned, MK8D is the first Mario Kart game for them in almost a decade.
two of my coworkers bought a Switch day one with Zelda and bought Mario Kart 8 Deluxe today also. One of them bought two copies. They know about the Wii U, they just didn't care to buy one.

Daps
I was too fukking high to play Snipper Clips with my girl last night. We couldn't even beat the third level :dead:

I finally tried 1-2 Switch with her too. The game is trash. It should have been a pack-in with the console. I regret buying it. Don't buy it brehs

Thanks, I've been looking to get more games I think my girl would enjoy. I'll avoid this.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Copped a switch today on a spur of the moment thing. Picked up Zelda with it. Game is pure piff so far. The switch feels more flimsy than I expected and the controls are tiny. I'll have to get that pro controller asap. I was gonna wait on buying a switch but I have a week long trip to Germany and figure it would be great for the flights

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Copped a switch today on a spur of the moment thing. Picked up Zelda with it. Game is pure piff so far. The switch feels more flimsy than I expected and the controls are tiny. I'll have to get that pro controller asap. I was gonna wait on buying a switch but I have a week long trip to Germany and figure it would be great for the flights
Pro Controller is available at a lot of places right now with the restock, including best buy. Grab it quick because they sell out fast as fukk

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Wii U's library became underrated around 2014. WOuldn't say it's as deep as the 3DS, but it's solid, which is why I hope they get some of those titles on the switch in the Eshop at reasonable prices for people who haven't experienced them, to enjoy.

I copped MK8D this morning. Played it at work, was fun, and just as I thought, the CPUs are just as good as they were in the Wii U version. :mjlol: Laying bananas right next to the weapon cubes, and even circling 3 of them around the damn thing too.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Breh, get a pro controller asap. The joy-cons are way too small for my hands...it almost made zelda not feel fun, cuz the controllers were so fukking small and I kept hitting the wrong buttons. I moved over to the pro and....goddamn...a much better experience. :wow: It changed the game for me. I can finally do everything I want without making mistakes.

It's pricey, but so well worth it

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Breh, get a pro controller asap. The joy-cons are way too small for my hands...it almost made zelda not feel fun, cuz the controllers were so fukking small and I kept hitting the wrong buttons. I moved over to the pro and....goddamn...a much better experience. :wow: It changed the game for me. I can finally do everything I want without making mistakes.

It's pricey, but so well worth it

I've been perfectly fine without the pro controller so far. the grip is ok imo. and loving MK8 in handheld mode atm. I know for sure I'm gonna need that pro controller for the best experience in ARMS and Splatoon thou, especially splatoon. I lose my mind in that shyt sometimes lol, and know probably everyone gonna have a pro controller when playing it. It's like 100 bucks here thou, so I'm gonna hold up a bit.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I've been perfectly fine without the pro controller so far. the grip is ok imo. and loving MK8 in handheld mode atm. I know for sure I'm gonna need that pro controller for the best experience in ARMS and Splatoon thou, especially splatoon. I lose my mind in that shyt sometimes lol, and know probably everyone gonna have a pro controller when playing it. It's like 100 bucks here thou, so I'm gonna hold up a bit.
$100 is steep, but it's so worth it. I have big hands, I can't be fooling around with those little ass joy-cons. It's better on the go (I can't stand the grip...it should have been wider). I only dock my switch and play like that. I can't imagine playing 2 player MK8D with just one joy con. It'd be impossible for me. I use the pro controller and let my gf and friends play with the grip.