Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Depends if you plan on going heavy digital. You'll need it for sure then. I haven't bought one yet cause I like physical games and the hard drive is enough for the smaller digital games I own right now.
To me, the must have accessories are a screen protector and a case. You might not even be into hand held gaming right now but take it out once and you will be.

My main use of this will be travel outside of that i may casually play the switch or my XBONE whe. I dont have work to do at home.

Im not anti physical games Im just thinking about if i travel having to carry all of them around.

What is the avg game size? I know XBONE games take up a ton of storage and 500gb isnt crap. I assume switch games arent that big if dudes are getting by with 128 and 200gb SD cards, or it could be the fact there arent a ton of games out?

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
My main use of this will be travel outside of that i may casually play the switch or my XBONE whe. I dont have work to do at home.

Im not anti physical games Im just thinking about if i travel having to carry all of them around.

What is the avg game size? I know XBONE games take up a ton of storage and 500gb isnt crap. I assume switch games arent that big if dudes are getting by with 128 and 200gb SD cards, or it could be the fact there arent a ton of games out?

The Lego game is the largest currently out @ 13gb. Most are nowhere near this size though.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Yeah i dont use em on my phones so i doubt i will need it on this.
The screen is plastic, not glass, so it won't shatter. It can be scratched but you'd have to fukk up really bad.

Because I plan on buying a 2nd switch and giving this away or selling it once cloud save transfers are introduced, I've been nonchalant on purpose. So I carry it in my pocket (joycons in a separate pocket) and have dropped it over a dozen times. No scratches or dents yet. Except on one of the joycons.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Still don't get it. This won't be the console that puts them out of the console hardware business. Don't understand the 07 reference either.

After the January event, fanboys were going "DOA, Nintendo is doomed, this will sell worse than the Wii U, Nintendo has finally gonna pull a Sega etc." Nintendoom speak was at a all time high.

And 07 and 08 had fanboys going nuts at how much the Wii was selling despite being the weaker console vs the HD Twins. It's pretty much a "You had to be there" time.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Man, amazon is fukking me over. I preordered MK8D weeks ago, and they still haven't shipped it yet. If I don't get it tomorrow, I'm calling amazon and getting a free month of Prime (they actually do that if they fukk up, which is cool)
Best buy GCU but they dont hear me though :coffee:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
After the January event, fanboys were going "DOA, Nintendo is doomed, this will sell worse than the Wii U, Nintendo has finally gonna pull a Sega etc." Nintendoom speak was at a all time high.

And 07 and 08 had fanboys going nuts at how much the Wii was selling despite being the weaker console vs the HD Twins. It's pretty much a "You had to be there" time.
Oh ok you're being sarcastic. Yeah I remember but I only ignored the Wii at first cause I thought the controller set up was too weird. Didn't like the Wii-U setup either.

Zelda with the Pro Controller is the shyt tho.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

If you go physical, invest in a good case that carries a lot of games. I own one that carries 12 but there is one case (Butterfox) that carries 19 + 2 sd cards.

Best buy GCU but they dont hear me though :coffee:
Got mine paid and ready for in store pick up tomorrow :mj:

GCU :blessed:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you go physical, invest in a good case that carries a lot of games. I own one that carries 12 but there is one case (Butterfox) that carries 19 + 2 sd cards.

Got mine paid and ready for in store pick up tomorrow :mj:

GCU :blessed:

Other than Zelda, just Dance and bomberman...are there any other physical games out? Or are we copping game cases for the future?

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Other than Zelda, just Dance and bomberman...are there any other physical games out? Or are we copping game cases for the future?
I own Zelda, 1-2 Switch, Binding of Isaac and Has Been Heroes physical. After playing the demo today, I think I'm also copping Puyo Puyo Tetris physical and I'm picking up MK8 tomorrow. And yeah, definitely thinking towards the future with the cases

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Man, amazon is fukking me over. I preordered MK8D weeks ago, and they still haven't shipped it yet. If I don't get it tomorrow, I'm calling amazon and getting a free month of Prime (they actually do that if they fukk up, which is cool)
Same here. Tentatively set to arrive May 3rd-5th, when I preordered with Prime :hhh: