Nintendo Switch Official Thread

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
this is funny as shyt. they have the best launch in years and no fukking games. they could easily lose their steam like xbox one did when their president kept saying stupid shyt

i think they'll have enough to carry them over until mario kart at the end of April and then sonic mania and splatoon. these other companies better get ready for mario odyssey. buildings will be crushed:takedat:

Last edited:

Here4Lauryn

Banned
Daps

It could happen. When the Wii was released those in the gaming community doubted the system; yet couldn't understand why the system was selling as much as it did. The same aura that the Wii had the Switch has in many ways. Thus far, the system launched being incomplete in many ways. The OS is dry, their is basically nothing there. There are very few quality games right now. However, by summer things will be very different for the system.

If Nintendo can deliver virtual console + a major update to the OS as they promised, along with delivering the games they promised on time such as Mario Kart, Splatoon, and Mario Odyssey; not including the fact Zelda has been reviewed by major publications as one of the best games of all time; with a Pokemon game on the horizon. Plus having 3rd party support. It might just be possible.

E3 will be a make or break moment for the system. Reggie promised new ip's... we will see.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
They'll be alright. They really did spread the top games through out the year very nicely. They probably have something planned for E3 real nice to take us to Mario Odyssey, as if Splatoon and Mario Kart won't already do so, along with other 3rd party games in between.

As for ARMS. I believe that game can do well, of course it ain't fukking with Splatoon 2 thou. But they need to handle it better than they did Pokken. I didn't pick up Pokken thou tbf.

Def gonna pick up ARMS thou.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps

props for this. i love reading behind the scenes stuff for anything, especially video games. polygon's ff7 behind the scenes was great so i'm gonna bookmark this to read for later.

bigger hit as in critically acclaim, sure. if they are talking sales then i highly doubt that. i think they can get to 50% and maybe even 75% to it if they continue to put out great games throughout the switch's life, add a smooth running VC and add features to the OS that'll make it sticky with apps like youtube, netflix, facebook, a good browser and other social media and streaming apps.

their online service is the wild card. they need to hit the nail on the head with that to boost and help continue to sell the console. plus the obvious of shipping more consoles:francis:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm wrapping up Zelda and not too interested in picking up Mario Kart at that price point. They should get the Virtual Console up soon, even low hanging fruit like SMB 3 will add value to the console

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
hate the light text used. I'll read it later.

If you have a Japanese Eshop you can test this game demo out.

I haven't checked a tutorial on how to get a JP account yet.

u don't need to create a jap account

Just change your account's region at http://accounts.nintendo.com/ by editing your country of residence in your profile. Your NNID will be unlinked after changing but you can relink later.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
I'm wrapping up Zelda and not too interested in picking up Mario Kart at that price point. They should get the Virtual Console up soon, even low hanging fruit like SMB 3 will add value to the console

It's a kick to the people who bought the Wii U version and paid for all the DLC (like I did) but they know a bunch of new people to the game will be getting it, so I can't fault them for it. Even thou the price for games in Canada an arm and a leg.

@Dre Space Age thanks.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
For real breh. I wanna get Lego City Switch for my son, but can't justify paying over $70 for an old ass game like that.:sadcam:Tetris gonna be over $50 too.

Truth.

I don't know how old your son is, but I got a paper route when I was 10. :mjlol: my dude if I wanted those expensive ass games before the B day and Christmas, I had to hustle.

:mjcry: My sister did the same to get games for her DS.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
anyone cop that shooter?

looks like an updated version of fantasy zone, especially being colorful

copped the neo geo shump though...classic shyt right there.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
4 Player Local Multiplayer Nintendo Switch Games

Snipperclips
Super Bomberman R
Fast RMX
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Overcooked
Ultimate Chicken Horse