Nintendo Switch Official Thread

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Good looking out on the map. I owe you some rep once i'm off 30's. Been out here playing blind this whole time :dwillhuh:
:salute:
It's like playing the original. Makes the game way more tedious than it needs to be cause you don't know where the fukk you're going.
Then again, drawing up maps on looseleaf for games like Zelda and Metroid was part of the fun

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
:salute:
It's like playing the original. Makes the game way more tedious than it needs to be cause you don't know where the fukk you're going.
Then again, drawing up maps on looseleaf for games like Zelda and Metroid was part of the fun

Yeah, the main thing was going in and out of those caves without really having any direction, it was getting tedious lol.

RT, all these games have been fire, for my intended uses at least. I've been playing master blaster and fast rmx in bed for the last two hours, while my wife was working on her laptop.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Yeah, the main thing was going in and out of those caves without really having any direction, it was getting tedious lol.

RT, all these games have been fire, for my intended uses at least. I've been playing master blaster and fast rmx in bed for the last two hours, while my wife was working on her laptop.
I agree 100%.
Took my Switch to bed with Binding of Isaac and wound up staying up till 3 playing :merchant:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Saw somebody asking this on Reddit but have any of you had to consciously charge the joycon after the first time when you took it out the box?
Several weeks now and not once for me. Maybe if you got extra joycon you've had to

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I'm seeing Switch Starter Kits back in stock in several places so if you're in the market for a really good case, you should at least take a look cause I've heard nothing but good things about the case. It comes with some other shyt (ear buds, screen protector, thumb stick grips and joycon armor guards) that I've heard is hit or miss.
Don't take too long though cause they sell out really quick.

@Dre Space Age you should look into copping this case. Doesn't look so "dorky" since you're worried about that. Just a plain case that holds the Switch in place well with velcro. Also, it holds the most games of any case I've seen yet. It holds 19 games and 2 sd cards. There's a net in the front inner side of the case you can put more shyt in too like a charge cord and ear buds. It comes in 3 colors too and they're all really plain, boring and inconspicuous so you should have nothing to worry about

Being real, what's cool about this case is it's actually a revision. This company put out a case at launch that people had issues with so they redesigned it and had a new version out in less than a month.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
i have a case. i even mentioned it in the post that i originally got quoted on before we ran off on a tangent.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Playing Zelda at 60% brightness, I was able to get a 13% positive charge during an hour of play, using my anker powercore+ w/ the QC3.0 port

Relldaproblem

Heart Breaker
Daps
Reppin
Nipple Light Specials
Take this with a grain of salt but this the supposed April Nintendo Direct leak.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door HD
A remaster of the GameCube classic for Nintendo Switch. In addition to bringing back the features fans loved about the original, some things are tweaked and balanced, like the back tracking in Twilight Town. The game is scheduled for release in October.

Super Mario Maker for Nintendo Switch
A port of Mario Maker is coming to Switch with the Wii U features intact. This includes Amiibo support, Costume Mario, and uploading levels to Course World. A couple new course features are introduced as well, like slopes.

Breath of the Wild DLC
Gameplay is shown of the Cave of Trails, which was announced back in February. The new feature in the map shows players when enemy camps are nearby.

Splatoon 2
A new trailer is shown detailing the game’s story mode. Agent 3 must defend Inkopolis from the Octarians as they invade Inkopolis and try to steal back the Great Zapfish. Bill also talks about the game’s ranked modes, which include the returning Splat Zones and Tower Control, along with a new mode. In addition, all 3 modes can be selected separately at any time, and are not tied to a time rotation like the stages. The game will also be compatible with the Splatoon series of Amiibo, and the Amiibo challenges from the first game are returning.

Virtual Console
Virtual Console will be starting up soon. NES and SNES titles are planned to start being released in May. Gamecube Games are indeed coming to the Virtual Console. Certain games that required Analog Triggers will have the option to configure the shoulder buttons to indicate a light, or full press. For example, pressing R will indicate a light press, or ZR will indicate a full press. Super Smash Bros. Melee will be available in early June, with Super Mario Sunshine and Mario Kart Double Dash coming in late June.

Indie Games
Bill passes it over to Damon Baker, who announces release dates for some of the Indie Games described in the Indie Presentation back in February. Runner 3 will launch on October 12th, SteamWorld Dig 2 will launch on June 8th, Overcooked: Special Edition will launch on May 18th, Stardew Valley will release on July 13th, and Shakedown Hawaii will release on April 6th.

Ever Oasis
Damon them pases it back to Bill to talks about upcoming 3DS games. This section starts with talking about Ever Oasis, which releases on June 8th.

Lady Layton
Lady Layton is coming to the US, and is planned for a 2018 release date.

Fire Emblem Echoes
Details on the special edition of the game are given, as well as a deeper look into the game’s world, and what the Alm and Celica Amiibo do. The Amiibo can allow you to summon certain characters from past Fire Emblem titles to add to your party. You can also scan previously released Amiibo of FE characters and add them.

ARMS
The direct ends with the new trailer for ARMS. It details the game’s story mode, and announces 4 new characters. The game releases on May 29th.

Rell Shyt

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Take this with a grain of salt but this the supposed April Nintendo Direct leak.

A remaster of the GameCube classic for Nintendo Switch. In addition to bringing back the features fans loved about the original, some things are tweaked and balanced, like the back tracking in Twilight Town. The game is scheduled for release in October.

A port of Mario Maker is coming to Switch with the Wii U features intact. This includes Amiibo support, Costume Mario, and uploading levels to Course World. A couple new course features are introduced as well, like slopes.

Breath of the Wild DLC
Gameplay is shown of the Cave of Trails, which was announced back in February. The new feature in the map shows players when enemy camps are nearby.

Splatoon 2
A new trailer is shown detailing the game’s story mode. Agent 3 must defend Inkopolis from the Octarians as they invade Inkopolis and try to steal back the Great Zapfish. Bill also talks about the game’s ranked modes, which include the returning Splat Zones and Tower Control, along with a new mode. In addition, all 3 modes can be selected separately at any time, and are not tied to a time rotation like the stages. The game will also be compatible with the Splatoon series of Amiibo, and the Amiibo challenges from the first game are returning.

Virtual Console
Virtual Console will be starting up soon. NES and SNES titles are planned to start being released in May. Gamecube Games are indeed coming to the Virtual Console. Certain games that required Analog Triggers will have the option to configure the shoulder buttons to indicate a light, or full press. For example, pressing R will indicate a light press, or ZR will indicate a full press. Super Smash Bros. Melee will be available in early June, with Super Mario Sunshine and Mario Kart Double Dash coming in late June.

Indie Games
Bill passes it over to Damon Baker, who announces release dates for some of the Indie Games described in the Indie Presentation back in February. Runner 3 will launch on October 12th, SteamWorld Dig 2 will launch on June 8th, Overcooked: Special Edition will launch on May 18th, Stardew Valley will release on July 13th, and Shakedown Hawaii will release on April 6th.

Ever Oasis
Damon them pases it back to Bill to talks about upcoming 3DS games. This section starts with talking about Ever Oasis, which releases on June 8th.

Lady Layton

Fire Emblem Echoes
Details on the special edition of the game are given, as well as a deeper look into the game’s world, and what the Alm and Celica Amiibo do. The Amiibo can allow you to summon certain characters from past Fire Emblem titles to add to your party. You can also scan previously released Amiibo of FE characters and add them.

ARMS
The direct ends with the new trailer for ARMS. It details the game’s story mode, and announces 4 new characters. The game releases on May 29th.

Rell Shyt

Was gonna post this.

ARMS finally getting a release date will be great. Also gonna be nice to do Splatoon's story mode on handheld this time around. I enjoyed the first one's story mode a good bit. The final boss was really something else tbh. A difficulty setting for story mode would be nice.

Mario Galaxy 1 2 and Sunshine on Switch VC would be some :wow: shyt. There are legit some people in this world who haven't experienced the joy of those titles, yet have nerve to say "I'm waiting for Nintendo to make good games" :francis:

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Breath of the Wild DLC

Splatoon 2

Virtual Console

Indie Games

Ever Oasis

Lady Layton

Fire Emblem Echoes

ARMS

Rell Shyt

The date of this direct is April 1st which lands on a Saturday.

So yeah I think its true.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Reddit calling April Fools. lol

Haven't played Mario Maker on Wii U or 3DS. So I wouldn't mind picking it up at some point for Switch.

I picked up Paper Mario Colour splash instead. :mjlol: Game has just been sitting there for the longest. I may get back to it some day.

Should have gotten the Yoshi game instead.

Some great Wii U titles people have missed out on that I feel they would enjoy playing on Switch like DK tropical freeze, and Bayo 2 if ever, or even Wonderful 101