Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If this thing can't play NBA2k, Madden, COD, Battlefield and Rockstar games then its going to flop right along the lines of other nintendo systems.

like liquid said this thing has a small chance of being successful.

Its way too expensive right now and barebones af.

And this is coming from a person who copped this day 1

299 really isn't expensive. If they were starting at 399 then it's a gamble.

nikkas couldn't afford to pay rent and cop ps4/xb1. Nintendo isn't putting anyone in that situation. Ever.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
If this thing can't play NBA2k, Madden, COD, Battlefield and Rockstar games then its going to flop right along the lines of other nintendo systems.

Well, 2K18 & FIFA 18 have already been announced. So Madden is certainly a possibility. COD, idk, but people don't buy that type of game on Nintendo systems anyway.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Well, 2K18 & FIFA 18 have already been announced. So Madden is certainly a possibility. COD, idk, but people don't buy that type of game on Nintendo systems anyway.
There's not enough system buyers " don't buy Nintendo for those games" to make a system successful

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about seeing as how the 3DS had none of those games and yet it was successful.
:mjlol:

The Market when the 3ds was in its prime is vastly different from today's market

Kids have tablets now and parents aren't in a hurry to buy them mobile gaming devices

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about seeing as how the 3DS had none of those games and yet it was successful.

but 3DS also had a price cut within the first 6 months of its release...you can't deny that helped generate more sales. It picked up steam afterwards

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Deltron said:
but 3DS also had a price cut within the first 6 months of its release...you can't deny that helped. It picked up steam afterwards
But the point still stands the 3DS didn't flop. Dude is talking like the switch about to flop because of right now.

This is my thoughts from this video. The first year for the switch is much better too.

Last edited:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
i don't see how this will flop , since it seem to have elements of the orginal Wii , portability, and decent enough power/graphics to match PS4

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The reason I feel it'll sell well is because unlike the Wii U, it seems like much more people were warm to the Switch unlike the Wii U. At my job two other coworkers bought a Switch day 1 with Zelda whereas these guys didn't even buy the Wii U and I don't think they bought the 3DS either. One bought it despite him saying he doesn't like handhelds but being able to just put it on a stand and pull the controllers out solves that issue. Anecdotal evidence but more people know/are interested in the Switch than the Wii U.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK

exactly.. they have to get those yearly titles.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
it's close enough on most games, pS4 and Xbox one are more powerful but it isn't a significant gap - perhaps i worded it wrong but "decent enough power/graphic" still.
Your point is correct. This isn't the situation that Nintendo was in with the Wii where the hardware was so far behind that devs had to make entirely new games for ports.