Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
:ufdup:

Nintendo Switch reportedly coats game cartridges with bitter substance

Nintendo does not want anyone to put the gaming system’s tiny cartridges in their mouths and reportedly taken measures to prevent that from happening.

Jeff Gerstmann, the co-founder of the video game blog Giant Bomb, tweeted that he put one of the cartridges in his mouth and regretted the move instantly.

“I put that Switch cart in my mouth and I'm not sure what those things are made of but I can still taste it. Do not try this at home,” Gerstmann tweeted last week ahead of Friday’s worldwide Nintendo Switch release.

But why do the cartridges taste so awful? Apparently, it’s coated with a material that is purposely meant to keep gamers – bloggers and kids alike – from putting the object in their mouths.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Nintendo did their thing with this despite missing a lot of stuff at launch that the system should have had..it's a dope piece of hardware with a smooth OS. I was one of the ones saying I'd have it docked all the time but I'm finding myself using it more and more as a handheld.
Handheld is the only shot it has at succeeding...a small shot at that.

I think the writing is on the wall TBH, but hoping the best for Nintendo.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
uh oh the famous prediction. Now we know for certain the switch IS going to do #s :mjgrin:
I said the same thing about the Wii U and how did that turn out?

:sas2:

Are you still trying to play games on your surfacebook?

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Anyway, this isn't a thread for that. I figured I would just chime in to respond.

I think I am buying Zelda later on today. The games run off the cards so saved games/patches/DLC should not take up too much space correct? How much free space is available out of the 32GB that the console comes with?

Maybe I will order a 128GB MicroSD as well.