Nintendo Switch Official Thread

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
I highly doubt I'll ever have mine in an outdoor setting, but this is still interesting.

"When it comes to the display, the Switch is a huge improvement over the Wii U's dim and grainy gamepad. At 6.2 inches, it's the same size as the Wii U display, but it sports a much sharper 720p resolution. While the display was bright and bold indoors, it didn't fare well outdoors. It was no match for sunlight of any kind, and the screen's high reflectivity was an issue even when it was cloudy. I had a hard time making out anything during dark portions of Zelda, and I couldn't see myself actually enjoying the game even when I could see what was happening. This is one issue that could really hurt the Switch: Nintendo is selling it as a console that you can take outside to play with your friends. But what good is it if nobody can see anything?"

48 hours with the Nintendo Switch

Nintendo+Switch+preview+gallery+7.jpg

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
I highly doubt I'll ever have mine in an outdoor setting, but this is still interesting.

"When it comes to the display, the Switch is a huge improvement over the Wii U's dim and grainy gamepad. At 6.2 inches, it's the same size as the Wii U display, but it sports a much sharper 720p resolution. While the display was bright and bold indoors, it didn't fare well outdoors. It was no match for sunlight of any kind, and the screen's high reflectivity was an issue even when it was cloudy. I had a hard time making out anything during dark portions of Zelda, and I couldn't see myself actually enjoying the game even when I could see what was happening. This is one issue that could really hurt the Switch: Nintendo is selling it as a console that you can take outside to play with your friends. But what good is it if nobody can see anything?"

48 hours with the Nintendo Switch

Nintendo+Switch+preview+gallery+7.jpg

this sucks to hear. i'm still very tempted to buy one on launch or within a month or two of launch day:noah:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
this sucks to hear. i'm still very tempted to buy one on launch or within a month or two of launch day:noah:
Like most pasty nerds and basement nikkas really go outside tho...

I'm playing this shyt in bed, on the toilet, at work, in drive-thrus, on the airplane, public transportation, at other people's houses. Never planned on sitting outside with this shyt.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Like most pasty nerds and basement nikkas really go outside tho...

I'm playing this shyt in bed, on the toilet, at work, in drive-thrus, on the airplane, public transportation, at other people's houses. Never planned on sitting outside with this shyt.

haha that's true. i'm the same with my vita. i guess it's just a nice option to be able to and hardware in 2017 shouldn't have this problem. still all good with me.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The only negative im hearing about the Switch is that there's seem to be some connectivity issues with the left Joycon for some people. Hopefully Nintendo sorts this out with a update on launch day otherwise it wont look pretty.

Other than that, impressions about the system seem to be positive overall.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
haha that's true. i'm the same with my vita. i guess it's just a nice option to be able to and hardware in 2017 shouldn't have this problem. still all good with me.
playing it outside will probably make your battery go down faster due to turning up the brightness. at least its sorta pocketable