Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
What exact decline did Nintendo have? While the Wii U flopped and only sold around 13 million, their handheld console was selling 61 million units simultaneously. Matter of fact in Japan it sells more than the PS4 and the Vita. Nintendo haters generally want Nintendo to be like everyone else. Oh, just put a top of the line graphics card in, and package it as innovation. Be just like the other companies who do nothing but add a new graphics card, and sell their new consoles as something new while everything else remains the same. Let's just be stagnant on graphics and call it gaming innovation.
Are you referring to the leak that also had this info? After reading it, I think it has something to do with Nintendo's VR plans. The Switch enhancer would attach to the back of the Switch, and the VR head unit would come out from the enhancer itself. Pretty smart if they can somehow make it truly mobile without requiring it to be plugged in. More powerful than PS4 Pro tho? Damn. Nvidia ain't fukking around.

• "I've confirmed today that there will be a 4G version." - ? - see the follow up

• "I haven't played with the controller but from observation the key travel of LR buttons is probably very short."

• "Today I saw a colleague making some accessory with a network port. The main unit is now thicker, with 2 layers of back cover. The plan is to make 2,000 first. (This is the 4G version, we're making 2,000 as a trial, I didn't see the unit myself, heard it from some other guy in my dorm. I'll take another look the day after tomorrow when I go back to work. There's a new circuit board behind the back cover, I reckon it's an accessory. I'll check it out on Monday when I go back to the factory.)" - ? / ✓ - another misconception people had about the leak, while we can't confirm the existence of this developer kit / enhanced version we can confirm that he wasn't referring to a 4G version of the standard retail model.

• "Today I saw the enhancer. There are still many questions but I'll tell you what I know. The processor in the enhancer is even bigger than the main unit CPU, at 200mm2. Dimensions looked like 12x18, on par with GP106. There are 2 extra memory chips. (Pretty sure it adds 4 GB memory, for a total of 8 GB.) It connects to the back of the main unit motherboard via some sort of PCI bridge. There are 2 Wi-Fi [antennae], 1 HDMI, 1 Mini-DP, 1 network port, 2 unknown circular ports, 3 network activity indicator lights.

• "The enhancer is much more complex than the main unit. It also has 6 or 7 unknown storage chips. The enhanced main unit also looks different than the standard unit. It's got extra bits on the motherboard, including the bridging connector. What I don't know is whether this is a development unit or if it'll be officially announced, and of course I have no idea if it'll go on sale at all. The enhanced version doesn't have a base yet.The enhanced version can connect to a TV/display without the base. It also has a power input.

• I don't know if the processor on the enhanced version includes CPU. If it doesn't include a CPU, then it can at most upscale existing games to 4K, it won't bring any dramatic improvements. The weak CPU might be the bottleneck. If the main processor on the enhanced version only has GPU, then it'll be more powerful than PS4 Pro. At the moment our factory floor only plans to make 2,000 enhanced units. (I also think it's probably a development unit. Let's wait for Mr. Ren to give us more info.)

• The enhanced version is very powerful, but also weighs more and feels worse in the hands. It's purely to cater for 4K TVs. I'm also anxious to know if it'll go on sale. The performance will be off the charts with the main processor plus enhancer processor. I've never seen such a huge 16nm chip on a mobile device, especially because the main processor is already 100mm2. The main processor is dwarfed by the enhancer processor. There's no additional battery on the enhancer. You probably have to plug it in when playing.

• The power adapter is also built in. Yeah I think the enhancer is a development unit too, but the performance is really something." ~ ? ~ we can't verify any of this but given the accuracy of the leak with specific details we have from Nintendo so far there's no reason this couldn't be true

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wouldn't be surprised by this; as theirs a guy on the badu forum ( fj8885 is his username) who works for Foxconn (he's the one who leaked the joy cons last year), who says his department not to long ago manufactured (3,000) testing units of an add on to the dock that would increase the power of the unit.

Sounds like they were testing this idea with the N64.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Preorders were up at Walmart for the grey version about half an hour ago. They're already gone though. Sorry if any of y'all missed out :francis:

Pro controller up at best buy with in store pick up finally

Just got mine while posting this

taker597

Superstar
Daps

Edit: @ 3:14 why does everyone want F-Zero? Nintendo fans beg for weird things.

I'm definitely gonna hold out for a better battery supply/ or extended battery supply shell. Multiplayer on Switch on handheld for console games... Battery life would be 2 hours MAX. Then, huddle around a power-strip. It's a cool idea, but I think the Switch is too soon. Putting a fully realized console in a 6 inch frame is unreal and there is no way to be competitive. This will be a A+++ handheld and let 3DS die. Let Switch take over the handheld market. If they can come out with a SUPER dock that can push it up to current gen standards... That would be something that could change the game.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Preorders were up at Walmart for the grey version about half an hour ago. They're already gone though. Sorry if any of y'all missed out :francis:

Pro controller up at best buy with in store pick up finally

Just got mine while posting this
pro controller preorder ????

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
looks like it only takes nine times to charge it fully with two 40,000 mAh portable charger which would mean 2 1/2 days for non-resource intensive games and a day plus a couple hours for Zelda. I wanted to see what it would take to play zelda for a least 24 hours and now I know it will take 40,000 mah. I already have two 20,000 mah portable chargers so I'm good to go. now I can take this bytch camping. I think I'll get one more portable charger for my phone and iPad.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I'm surprised no one reminded me that Tetris and Street Fighter were 1 joycon each but I added it to the multiplayer list after confirming by rewatching the Switch lineup vid by Nintendo.

It's so cool to be able to play two player street fighter without extra controllers.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I'm surprised no one reminded me that Tetris and Street Fighter were 1 joycon each but I added it to the multiplayer list after confirming by rewatching the Switch lineup vid by Nintendo.

It's so cool to be able to play two player street fighter without extra controllers.
Yea def...just hope the joycon isnt too small in my hands..but nintendo has never disapointed me in the controller department (when I saw the game cube controller I was :snoop: when I used it tho :blessed:) ill prob be using the joycon grip or procontroller mostly tho...but the joy cons will be good for multi at my cousins etc

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Figting games on an analog stick? :camby:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Just copped the Pro Controller off Best Buy (.....finally, this shyt was sold out everywhere)

$69.99 though? :why:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Just copped the Pro Controller off Best Buy (.....finally, this shyt was sold out everywhere)

$69.99 though? :why:
Don't forget that tax too :scust:

I had set aside $600 for the system at launch and with the system, pro controller and BOTW, I've burned through over $450. I don't even know if I'm gonna spend the rest though. Most of the other games i want don't come out till the end of March (Fast RMX, Snipperclips & Shovel Knight).