Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Save files are kept internally. No way to move them. Everything else about the game, digital copy, updates, and dlc can save to the microsd cards. I wonder if this not being able to copy save files shyt has something to do with piracy prevention.

They probably have a cloud saving service on the online nintendo account subscription service.

Maybe it will be the same as 3DS. System Settings > Data Management > Nintendo 3DS > Save-Data Backup. Then copy to Windows.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Guess I'll reserve the zelda game card after reading this:

Not getting a microsd until I need one fukk it.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
List of Nintendo Switch games - Wikipedia

I researched games from Wikipedia's list of Nintendo Switch games, asked redditors in a previous thread and learned that multiplayer is in the following games:

**Co-Op**
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Bomberman R, Snipperclips, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth, Shovel Knight, Sonic Mania, Rayman Legends, Arcade Archives, Yooka-Laylee, Fifa, Metal Slug 3, Minecraft, Zombie Vikings, Fire Emblem Warriors, Ultra Street Fighter 2, Just Dance 2017, Stardew Valley

**Versus**
Super Bomberman R, Snipperclips, 1, 2 Switch, Just Dance 2017, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth, World of Goo, Snipperclips, Fast RMX, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Constructor HD, Shovel Knight, PuyoPuyo Tetris, ARMS, Sonic Mania, Redout, NBA2K18, Rayman Legends, Arcade Archives, Dungeon of Zaar, Farming Simulator, Yooka-Laylee, Fifa, 1001 Spikes, Metal Slug 3, The King of Fighters 98, Minecraft, World Heroes Perfect, Ultra Street Fighter 2, Waku Waku 7, BlazBlue, Zombie Vikings, Racing Apex, Rise Race the Future, Lego City Undercover, Lego Worlds, Taiko Drum Master. Fire Emblem Warriors, Cube Life, Dragonball Xenoverse 2 (Vs), Splatoon 2?

**Requires Another Switch?**

Steep, Story of Seasons, Splatoon 2, Dragonbal Xenoverse 2 (Co-op).

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I can't believe I missed out on the pro controllers. Damn thing was expensive as hell and its sold out everywhere.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Impressions from japanese developers. Alot of them seem to be :cape: for the HD rumble.

Tons of Japanese devs share thoughts about this month's Switch presentation, system itself - Nintendo Everything

Grasshopper Manufacture – Suda51

THOUGHTS ON PRESENTATION

I did the “Pro-Wrestling LOVE Pose” at the presentation, but I don’t think people were digging it. But it broke the ice with the audience, so I think I’ll keep doing it. I’ll call it “SWITCH LOVE” instead of “Pro-Wrestling LOVE”! Anyway, I announced to everyone that I will be bringing back my most beloved character, Travis Touchdown. I’m so glad I got to announce his comeback at such a huge smackdown. It’s slammin’!

INTERESTING ASPECTS OF SWITCH

There’s a lot of different ones, but the biggest innovation is the HD Rumble. Playing games takes way too much time, doesn’t it? So I think it’s really important that the HD Rumble is used just right for physical experiences, and I want to invent some brand-new mechanics.

Square Enix – Ryota Aomi (Dragon Quest Heroes series producer; also producing Dragon Quest Heroes 1-2 for Nintendo Switch)

HD Rumble, and the evolution of the gyro-controls in the Wii remotes. If developers make good enough use of them, I think they can surpass the innovations that were achieved with the Wii, so I’m really looking forward to their results. HD Rumble is hard to understand it without experiencing it in person, but it’s really amazing. We’ve included functionality for it in Dragon Quest Heroes 1-2 for Switch, so please look forward to that.

Bandai Namco – Katsuhiro Harada (Tekken Project director; also produced the PSVR title “Summer Lesson”)

THOUGHTS ON PRESENTATION

I wasn’t expecting them to begin the presentation by announcing the price. The price is exactly what I’d expect from a marketing point of view, but if you count all the individual peripherals…

The full thing is pretty cheap, and I say that as someone familiar with the inner workings of the system. I have no idea how they kept the price that low.

I’ve been interested in the HD Rumble for some time now. You can feel a glass marble rolling around inside of a metal box, or feel the spot where a bouncy ball bounces. It’s interesting that it can be used like the so-called 3D sound. And this is just a crazy idea of mine, but the system itself is so light that if you took out the Joy-Con with the IR camera and set it up, and placed the screen in some kind of apparatus, you could transform it into a wireless VRHMD by rendering the left and right sides of the screen separately for each eye. So I think the Switch is capable of a lot of different things, depending on the ideas of the developer.

Marvelous – Kenichiro Takaki (Senran Kagura producer)

THOUGHTS ON PRESENTATION

I’ve actually known about the Switch’s features since its early stages and I’m personally looking forward to it.

Definitely the HD Rumble. I want to use it to have people feel softness (laughs). I already have something planned, and am currently polishing it up so that it can be realized. Games are all about what ‘feels good’, so I want to create a brand new experience specifically for the Nintendo Switch.

Feeling softness huh?:steviej:

Capcom – Ryozo Tsujimoto (Monster Hunter series producer)

THOUGHTS ON PRESENTATION

I was surprised at how quickly they announced the release date and price. This presentation was much different from how they usually do them. They carefully explained each of the Switch’s features one by one. I was impressed by everyone’s acting abilities as well.

There’s a lot of them, but personally I’m interested in the vibration. I didn’t think it was possible to enhance vibration features any further.

PlatinumGames – Atsushi Inaba

THOUGHTS ON PRESENTATION

I thought it was very interesting that Nintendo pushed the people who would carry the future of the company front and center during the presentation, even more-so than the allure of the hardware and games shown.

PlatinumGames has already come out saying we’re developing games for the Nintendo Switch, so we understand what the hardware is capable of. Which is why the price was surprising. This thing is seriously cheap. I think it’s the result of a tremendous amount of work, and it’s an indication of their strong desire to see their hardware reach a lot of markets.

Bayo 3 plz?:feedme:

Bukkoro – Yoko Taro (Director and scenario writer for Drakengard and NieR series)

THOUGHTS ON PRESENTATION

When I heard that both the Switch and Breath of the Wild were coming out a week after the game I’m currently working on, all of my memories vanished.

I don’t know, as I no longer have any memories. But it’s wonderful that you can separate the controllers from the screen. They didn’t announce anything like this at the presentation, but I hope the Switch is capable of a vertical mode. For vertical shooters or pinball, of course. Please take that into consideration.

Poor Taro.:mjcry:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I got 2 switches pre-ordered.
2 extra controllers.
A pro controller.
And zelda.

Might cancel all but the switch, pro controller and zelda.

I'm not in the mood to try to flip this plus I heard very bad things about eBay anyway

ThisWorldAintRight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I don't think I'll be copping this. Nintendo done fukked up too many times and seems they haven't learned shyt with the quality of games for launch.
System should've been more powerful as well.

Nintendo....:hhh:

Zelda, Mario and Xenoblade 2 look amazing though god damn:whew:

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the March release is a soft launch for the Switch. Most consoles are released near the holiday season. They're trying to establish themselves before that. By the time Holiday 2017 rolls around they will have 4 big games (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, Mario Odyssey, Zelda). I wouldn't be surprised if they lowered the price and have it bundled with one of those games.

Anyway, as I've said earlier. The Switch needs to have rapid software output that matches the 3DS. On the 3DS you have new games coming out every week. We need that. Also some of the premiere 3DS titles need to 'switch' on over. Talking about Pokemon, Monster Hunter, Yo-Kai, etc. They will probably dominate the Japanese market with this thing.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ive already pre ordered zelda for wiiu if the announce monster hunter for switch im all in. has to be new though, no remake or remaster.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Really tryna think if I should get bomberman :patrice: looks kinda fun, i got zelda coming from amazon so maybe ill grab bomberman in store

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Really tryna think if I should get bomberman :patrice: looks kinda fun, i got zelda coming from amazon so maybe ill grab bomberman in store

It's fun as shyt with people to play with
Me and my siblings use to play hrs on it back in the day

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
It's fun as shyt with people to play with
Me and my siblings use to play hrs on it back in the day
Yea i put hours in back in college, just hope its as fun to me in my 30's as it was in my 20's...ill prob get it to switch it up from zelda

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
All Nintendo consoles have been hacked.
Nvidia Shield is hacked too.
This will probably be the fastest hacked next gen system in Nintendo history.
i hope u right breh i wanna play all the ds/3ds piff i missed out on AND og shyt from sega/nes/snes etc...i remember when u could do that shyt on vita