Nintendo Switch Official Thread

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
"D-d-d-d-d-diggity dog." :banderas:

I dont own a wii or wii u so virtual console games can legit sell me on the switch. Nintendo emulators are solid but they dont recreate the feeling
from what i read, you can't emulate all of the games on the PC or there are still glitches. I know the percentage is better when you use a ever drive 64 version 3 on the actual n64 hardware but the mods are not there though.

but yeah, the nintendo company can easily hire the old devs at AKI and make a online wrestling game or some shyt for this system.

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
Other than VC games will be tied to your account, nothing yet.

Also unknown is whether your current VC library will be moved over or not.
i doubt it will link the old library but it would be nice but they have to prove it first.
i would love to see a digital n64 (remake or not) catalogue by nintendo
i would not mind an upgrade in those wrestling games.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
they're most likely gonna make you pay a "small fee" to play your old 3DS/Wii U VC games...like they did for Wii >>> Wii-U

:francis: or worst case, it's as you said, they gonna be fukkers and make you rebuy shyt...again.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
from what i read, you can't emulate all of the games on the PC or there are still glitches. I know the percentage is better when you use a ever drive 64 version 3 on the actual n64 hardware but the mods are not there though.

but yeah, the nintendo company can easily hire the old devs at AKI and make a online wrestling game or some shyt for this system.
I emulate on PC, Android and iOS. Used different controllers etc. There are always issues and sometimes it can be a pain in the ass. Looking forward to Switch Virtual Console though since the last time I bought a Nintendo product was a cheap wii off craigslist and modded it.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
need another direct to clear up this online stuff + virtual console info asap
That's the worst part about all this Switch stuff. They're being way too vague about certain things.
Is the free trial until fall gonna be a shytty version of the paid service?
Cause they would be stupid of you're trying to lure customers into paying

• Dap
Reactions: Ns

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Dude spent 7 hours playing the Switch. Nintendo Switch Impressions (Germany Munich) PART 1 Cliff Notes:

Comparable to today’s smartphone-screens, harder than Wii-U gamepad's screen.

Kickstand is detachable because it may break with rough use. This way it can easily be replaced.

Handheld mode to TV takes 3 to 4 seconds.

Switch in handheld mode feels and weighs like a PSVita.

Joy con grip felt good in his hands, reviewer was surprised and didn't expect it too because he has large hands, doesn't like that it doesn't charge joycons though.

Almost every button is “clickable” feels like a 3DS, especially A, B, X, Y. Including triggers, he thinks they're also digital, and is annoyed because he prefers analog.

Analog sticks feel better than Wii-U's and more closer to the PSVita.

Says HD feature is over-hyped and it only feels a little better than regular rumble.

Says Switch Pro controller pretty much same as Wii-U Pro controller, right down to the buttons.

Says main appeal of Switch is not only to play console games to go, but also to play anywhere WITH someone.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
LOL @ all these non-answers: http://kotaku.com/nintendo-answers-and-avoids-our-switch-questions-1791402953

Here's an answer that's sort of promising though. They may have streaming services later, which is better than a non-answer or flat out no.

Will Switch support Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, HBO Go, or any other streaming services?

All of our efforts have gone toward making the Nintendo Switch system an amazing dedicated video game platform, so it will not support any video-streaming services at launch. However, support for video-streaming services is being considered for a future update.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Debuting on Switch first, will wind up on other platforms later.

Skillfully pilot the advanced Graceful Explosion Machine (GEM) fighter while blasting swarms of crystalline enemies with your ludicrously overpowered quad-weapon array! Lost in deep space, you'll shoot, dash and combo your way through jewel-hued alien worlds, fighting to find a way home.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
This is the sparsest hardware launch in recent Nintendo history.

List of video game console launch games - Wikipedia

Nintendo Switch
North American launch, March 3, 2017[19]

Nintendo Wii-U
U.S. launch: November 18, 2012

Nintendo 3DS
U.S. launch: March 27, 2011

Nintendo Wii
U.S. launch: November 19, 2006

Last edited: